Faragut Field

Wildmanfan

One girls soccer game is about the equivalent of maybe one quarter of a football game in terms of field wear and tear. Using that as an excuse for the field being in such poor condition is a really lame excuse. It sounds like there is enough football on the field to tear it up pretty dad gum well. A nasty field after the amount of rain that fell and the previous use of the field is to be expected.If you want a good field get the artificial turf and let everyone play on it and save a bunch of money in the long run. Don't know where the money comes from in Knoxville so I don't know if that is feasible, but it would make sense.

I forget that the parents of soccer players are not that important in the overall scheme of things, thanks for reminding me.

How many soccer games were played on the field last week? It's not like soccer is 5 games a year like football is. I guarentee for the schools that do have a soccer field, if the football team was to try to play on it soccer fan would turn hooligan in Tennessee.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many soccer games were played on the field last week? It's not like soccer is 5 games a year like football is. I guarentee for the schools that do have a soccer field, if the football team was to try to play on it soccer fan would turn hooligan in Tennessee.

Maybe enough to equal one football game? Nothing like them big old soccer girls lining up, digging in and going after each other with those cleats that could dig a hole to China in about thirty mintes.

I have seen some great Riverdale games at some quagmires: at Bearden in '95 comes to mind. And at McMinn County in '97 and at Cordova (the Poncho Medal game) in 2000.

It never occurred to me so 'slam' the school for the fact their field is wet because it rained. (I still think some of the rain at Bearden was 'man made' - but that is a story for another day - LOL!)

My son was the kicker in the '97 game at McMinn County and in a 41-0 game you do a lot of kicking off and he found one spot on the 40 where the water wasn't quite as deep as the tee was high.....

Only thing more fun than playing in the mud is playing in the snow... :P

Maybe enough to equal one football game? Nothing like them big old soccer girls lining up, digging in and going after each other with those cleats that could dig a hole to China in about thirty mintes.

As you said earlier 1 football game can tear up a field pretty dad gum well. So what's pretty dad gum well doubled? As far as I know most middle school football seasons are over. Why not use their fields for soccer?

• 4 weeks later...

Soccer should never be played on a football field!! A soccer field is wider, longer and should be flat, a lot of football fields have crowns, a soccer field should not. Also the soccer action tears up the field real bad especially in the area of the goals. Oak Ridge did finally realize this and build a nice soccer field at the high school, and got away from Blankenship and its high crown. The soccer field had to be moved for the renovation, but it has nice bleachers and lights, and eventually it will have good grass. Come on Fox Den, there is plenty of cash over there, build those soccer kids a field over there, and it will serve a dual purpose of giving them their own place to play and save the football field too. Blankenship needs some work too, but the field itself was in the best shape this year that it has been in many years, thanks to the school maintenance guys that took special interest in taking care of the surface. By the way, the condition of the field is not the reason OR lost, they lost because of mistakes and an ineffective offense, which was unable to take advantage of Farragut turnovers.

Soccer should never be played on a football field!! A soccer field is wider, longer and should be flat, a lot of football fields have crowns, a soccer field should not. Also the soccer action tears up the field real bad especially in the area of the goals. Oak Ridge did finally realize this and build a nice soccer field at the high school, and got away from Blankenship and its high crown. The soccer field had to be moved for the renovation, but it has nice bleachers and lights, and eventually it will have good grass. Come on Fox Den, there is plenty of cash over there, build those soccer kids a field over there, and it will serve a dual purpose of giving them their own place to play and save the football field too. Blankenship needs some work too, but the field itself was in the best shape this year that it has been in many years, thanks to the school maintenance guys that took special interest in taking care of the surface. By the way, the condition of the field is not the reason OR lost, they lost because of mistakes and an ineffective offense, which was unable to take advantage of Farragut turnovers.

they have their own field by the middle school which is usually in pretty good condition. the problem is not with raising money, it's with knox county not doing a thing as usual. the condition of the FOOTBALL field is due to the soccer game played in the rain on the tuesday before the or game. the previous home football game, the field looked nice. but after soccer played in the rain, the field had some muddy spots at midfield and around the goals. but when they played again 2 nights later, which was the night before the football game, it was damaged even more just because it didnt have enough time to repair. their was nothing to do about it after that. the field did look decent and seemed to hold up well in the two playoff games following.

Well maybe the solution would be to quit blood sucking Knox county and have your own school system,fire department and police force payed for by the good citizens of the township of Farragut!!!! Then you would learn about paying taxes for the afore mentioned services. You could also avoid sending your little darlings out into the country with the peons at Hardin Valley.

Edited by bounder