Gordonsville vs. South Pitt

R. Willoughby

The winner of this game can be picked basically by flipping a coin, it is that much of a toss up I think. I am still sticking by my Pirates by less than a TD pick.

As for Coach Grider's comments on the raido, I don't think it is setting up Gordonsville. I think he is probably right on the money. Gordonsville will be one of the best, if not THE best team SP has faced all season. And the bad thing is that if they win this week it just gets tougher.

Good luck to both teams and both fans have a safe trip down.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence jumper says Gordonsville will over power them toinght on the line. but Fence jumper hopes the pirates win toinght.

Yea and that is what the "mighty" warriors from Jasper tried to do too. As long as Sp avoids the fumbles they should win this game. If Coach Grider starts trying to throw the ball instead of giving it to the workhorse Robert Robinson it could be a long night. The only pass i hope to see tonight is a reverse pass going for a touchdown like the one against Jasper.

Gut Wrench Gary says The Princess will find out tomorrow night. G-ville is a good football team. This is not your typical first round game. This is more of a semifinal game.

Alright Butt Wrench Fairy, The King never said Gordonsville wasnt a good football team. The King just said that if we play like we did against Marion County we could beat Gordonsville by 21. The King never said it would happen. The King thinks this game could be close. Like The King said it just depends how S.P. comes out and plays. If they are fired up and ready to play this game, then yeah they can win by 21 points, if not, then it will be a close one. :thumb:

I used to think SP's line was a weak link to.....once. Not anymore. Also, not much has been said on here about SP's passing game. I look for Gordonsville to be burned a few times through the air. Pirates by 13, up six from my earlier prediction. Good luck Pirates. I hope this game is shown tomorrow morning on the local channel. I hate to miss it.

Thanks nohope. SP's line may not dominate Gordonsville's line but they won't dominate ours either. They aren't bad for a bunch of scrawny runts :blink: . They can get pretty nasty when they want to :ph34r:

Tell Joe that I hope he has a good game and good luck to the Warriors

Edited by zonepirate

Yea and that is what the "mighty" warriors from Jasper tried to do too. As long as Sp avoids the fumbles they should win this game. If Coach Grider starts trying to throw the ball instead of giving it to the workhorse Robert Robinson it could be a long night. The only pass i hope to see tonight is a reverse pass going for a touchdown like the one against Jasper.

vic tried that "one back, one play" offense against MC last year....and lost. He won't make that mistake again. Anything less than a total team effort will not get the job done tonight. Without a little passing to keep the defense back, SP will probably lose. Fortunately for the Pirates, powerp won't be calling the plays. I look for SP to win the game. Good luck to all the Pirates.

Alright Butt Wrench Fairy, The King never said Gordonsville wasnt a good football team. The King just said that if we play like we did against Marion County we could beat Gordonsville by 21. The King never said it would happen. The King thinks this game could be close. Like The King said it just depends how S.P. comes out and plays. If they are fired up and ready to play this game, then yeah they can win by 21 points, if not, then it will be a close one. :ph34r:

Now THAT is funny :blink:

vic tried that "one back, one play" offense against MC last year....and lost. He won't make that mistake again. Anything less than a total team effort will not get the job done tonight. Without a little passing to keep the defense back, SP will probably lose. Fortunately for the Pirates, powerp won't be calling the plays. I look for SP to win the game. Good luck to all the Pirates.

The field will be dry. We will throw the ball once or twice and be effective doing it. Their corners and safeties will be playing up to stop the outside stuff so a big passing play is a real possibility

Thanks nohope. SP's line may not dominate Gorgonsville's line but they won't dominate ours either. They aren't bad for a bunch of scrawny runts :blink: . They can get pretty nasty when they want to :ph34r:

Tell Joe that I hope he has a good game and good luck to the Warriors

Thanks. We'll need some luck tonight against Westmoreland. I know they're ready to roast us like a Thanksgiving Turkey. I expect the Warriors to represent themselves and the valley well. If all the Warriors are as excited as Joe is right now, we'll be fine.

Zone pirate,

Just curious, have you ever seen pirates in a foot race with a pack of hungry Tigers? Thats what I expect you to see tomorrow night. Best not get cornered. You wont make it back to the ship. Pirates will definately be running for their lives. Tiger pack may come in hungry and leave hungry. But the hunt will be a sight to behold.

They didnt see anything they havent seen before. GV just hammers away all night. GVs theory is, if you hit hard enough all night something is bound to give. Thats the tiger plan in a nut shell. If you win you have earned it. If you dont, you still feel like you earned it.

Now, you know that swashbucklers don't run from tigers. They shoot them in the head or stab them with their swords.