Sycamore @ Meigs Co.

War Eagles

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Juice, my friend, nobody plays football like Region 4 AAA plays football. That is why they have so many gold balls between them all.

Do I sense "sarcasm"????? :lol:

Maybe you should do some research because I know for a fact that there are three state titles between two of the playoff teams in 4-3A this year. The other two schools are both relatively young but have made names for themselves in a hurry. Sycamore has made a name for themselves by shocking top ranked seeds as the reliable Francis pointed out to you all. They knocked off a #1 ranked McNairy Central bunch in the 2001 Playoffs and in 2003 they did it again against Jackson South Side. Station Camp is in the playoffs for the second time in four years, that's how old the school is, and I'm sure that their overall record of 9-1 speaks for itself.

Make an argument for Region 3-3A PLEASE!!!!!!! <_<

Charlie Murphy won't argue football State Titles, the current teams in 4-3A may have some, but regions and classes change every 4 years. Charlie does know that the last time these regions got together there was a 3-3A team in the semi's, not a region 4-3A team.

Notre Dame vs Macon Co. W 39-0

Notre Dame vs Pearl Cohn W 31-7

Notre Dame vs White House W 14-13

Do I sense "sarcasm"????? :blink:

Maybe you should do some research because I know for a fact that there are three state titles between two of the playoff teams in 4-3A this year. The other two schools are both relatively young but have made names for themselves in a hurry. Sycamore has made a name for themselves by shocking top ranked seeds as the reliable Francis pointed out to you all. They knocked off a #1 ranked McNairy Central bunch in the 2001 Playoffs and in 2003 they did it again against Jackson South Side. Station Camp is in the playoffs for the second time in four years, that's how old the school is, and I'm sure that their overall record of 9-1 speaks for itself.

Make an argument for Region 3-3A PLEASE!!!!!!! :thumb:

Can't speak for other schools but my school JUST has two runnerup finishes. Bottom line is this: Region 3 and Region 4 are very similar. In my opinion, all 4 playoff games should be competitive. The bad news is that whoever comes out of these regions will have to square off with the survivor from Region 2 and their season will come to an end right there. If Station Camps 9-1 recored speaks for itself then how come Meigs' record has to have you speak for it ?

Charlie Murphy won't argue football State Titles, the current teams in 4-3A may have some, but regions and classes change every 4 years. Charlie does know that the last time these regions got together there was a 3-3A team in the semi's, not a region 4-3A team.

Notre Dame vs Macon Co. W 39-0

Notre Dame vs Pearl Cohn W 31-7

Notre Dame vs White House W 14-13

Surely that is a misprint Charlie. No way ND could beat PC 31-7. I have read on here that they have athletes like nobody else.

SYCAMORE SYCAMORE SYCAMORE. Game time is less than 24 hours away. I wish all the War Eagles good luck and to give it everything they have. There will be alot of fans from Sycamore. This is the first time Sycamore has been to the playoffs since the 2003 season and I believe this group of Seniors have been ready and prepared for this game very well. I think Sycamore is going to pull off the "upset" tomorrow night just as they did in 2003 when Garza led the comeback against Jackson South Side. The offense will put up points and the key is Defense for Sycamore. I think Sycamore's defense will be ready.

Sycamore 28 Meigs Co. 21 :)

Can't speak for other schools but my school JUST has two runnerup finishes. Bottom line is this: Region 3 and Region 4 are very similar. In my opinion, all 4 playoff games should be competitive. The bad news is that whoever comes out of these regions will have to square off with the survivor from Region 2 and their season will come to an end right there. If Station Camps 9-1 recored speaks for itself then how come Meigs' record has to have you speak for it ?

Surely that is a misprint Charlie. No way ND could beat PC 31-7. I have read on here that they have athletes like nobody else.

See TSSAA 2005 playoff records. Final ND 31 PC 7

Yea PC does have some amazing athletes.

But you have to point out that was last year and things cna change in a year, just look at Station Camp :thumb: !

Less than a day away, I'll be rooting for Sycamore. Come on War Eagles pull the upset, so my Bison can have the chance at 2 home playoff games. ( I rather not travel to Meigs Co.)

Why not? Its a nice drive, wonderful scenery and all.

Both teams score the same amount of points per game (24). The difference is defense, Sycamore gives up 10 more points per game than Meigs. Also, Sycamore is not accustomed to the playoffs yet. Meigs 28 Sycamore 10.

I think Meigs County will be able to bring a win in this hardfought, hardhitting football game. Meigs County has done something that alot of teams across the state aren't able to do.....WE have come together as a FAMILY. WE are not just a team were a close, hey i've got your back all the time football team. The loss at Sweetwater devastated everyone, but we've moved past that and are striving so that we don't have to go through that pain. WE go into every game knowing that we can be beat but that we can win also. So all Meigs players lets go play under those friday night lights. WE NOT ME. Let's do it for THE LORD boys. He deserves the glory. Let's play it one game at a time and be victorios in everything we do.

But aren't you forgetting that they LOST to ALL those teams?

You are correct. Sycamore lost 3 games to the top 3 teams in their district, 2 of which they easily could have won. Sycamore led 21-0 at Pearl Cohn at the half before having a meltdown that reminded me of the Arizona v/s Chicago game where Dennis Green blew a fuse, it took a last second Td pass to beat them against an excellent Station Camp team that was way better in my opinion, and then, in their worst performance of the year, White House beat Sycamore like a drum. I'm just saying that Sycamore won't be seeing anything that will amaze them, because they have played some stout teams very close.

I don't think the 2 week layoff will hurt these kids either. I think it will be a game decided by a touchdown either way.