Sycamore @ Meigs Co.

War Eagles

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs is a good fundamental and solid team. They don't make many mistakes and are not one demensional. They hit hard and are very well coached. I will say though that Gator can't count. Sequoyah lost 2 players during the game. One was the QB on a helmet to helmet tackle after his knees were on the ground. The other was a receiver who took a shot in the back going across the middle. The biggest thing to deal with at Meigs County is the 14 or so points that belong to the officials when you get there. Yes Meigs is a tough place to play but the officials do not make it any easier. Don't even try and defend the pass because if you intercept it it will be called pass interference. Oh well good luck to both teams. Sycamore beware of the stripes.

I have saw every game this year and dont remember any td,s being called back for our opisition all year especialy at home we are used to not getting any RESPECT and getting a lot of excuses.We will do as usual earn it .................. If we loose it will be in a respectful manner unlike some of our opponents.

Never heard of Sycamore, so can't speak to their strengths or weaknesses.

Meigs is a solid, tough and smart team playing on their homefield - the Turtle. (You'll see what I mean when you get there. Sit up high so you can see the other side of the field.)

They have a good combination of power running and passing, though the passing is not nearly as amazing as they think. It is good and they use it smartly. The Mobrient brothers, especially the runner, bring the lumber, so you're D line and backers better be just as big and strong because they will beat on you. Like Polk last year with Hamby, they wear you down.

QB Tyler Roberts has started at the helm for 6 years it seems and does some a good job running the offense.

Good luck to Meigs and all of the 3A teams.

At least the "TURTLE" has bleachers on BOTH sides of the field.

bama 14 you seem to try to say meigs took some cheap shots--youve got to be kidding --that is the most undiscleplined football team i have ever seen. there is a reason the program is in the shambles that it is ---nice cheap shot on charlie mobriant on the kickoff --the sequoyah player went right for the knees --it didnt matter to sequoyah because they are going home as usual--but trying to take players out is classless---both players hurt were clean hits and you know it --oh yeah nice move putting your starters in with 1 minute left to get a score on meigs freshman hope you felt good about that. --and concerning the interception called back are you serious that was as blatant as could ever be---sequoyah needs to worry a whole lot more on class and clean play as well as getting to be competitive instead of worrying about referees and acting classless on the sidelines.

Lambert no one said they were cheap shots. They were good clean solid licks. If you didn't notice the kid that blocked below the waist was taken from the game for his actions and chewed on very well. Also if you would care to notice the coach also called his players together and told them if they did not keep it clean they would be punished. Sequoyah has class, but you've got to admit the officiating was horrible. It would not have changed the outcome of the game. Meigs was the better team, but the officials were the ones that let the play get like it did. I am not here to argue, but if you want to call Sequoyah classless then you should tell your players when they make a good play not to taunt like they did the QB when he was hit. Meigs is a good program and if given time Sequoyah will reach a good competitive level. The last touchdown you gripe about was all of the seniors one last play together. Sorry if it offended you but you were ahead 39-8 at the time. Did that TD really matter. I also would like to know how the Sequoyah sidelines were classless. It wasn't something that was meant to be classless. It was something for the kids. Good luck in the playoffs and I would like to see Coach Martin and his staff win it all.

Edited by Bama14

Lambert no one said they were cheap shots. They were good clean solid licks. If you didn't notice the kid that blocked below the waist was taken from the game for his actions and chewed on very well. Also if you would care to notice the coach also called his players together and told them if they did not keep it clean they would be punished. Sequoyah has class, but you've got to admit the officiating was horrible. It would not have changed the outcome of the game. Meigs was the better team, but the officials were the ones that let the play get like it did. I am not here to argue, but if you want to call Sequoyah classless then you should tell your players when they make a good play not to taunt like they did the QB when he was hit. Meigs is a good program and if given time Sequoyah will reach a good competitive level. The last touchdown you gripe about was all of the seniors one last play together. Sorry if it offended you but you were ahead 39-8 at the time. Did that TD really matter. I also would like to know how the Sequoyah sidelines were classless. It wasn't something that was meant to be classless. It was something for the kids. Good luck in the playoffs and I would like to see Coach Martin and his staff win it all.

Sequoyah did the exact same thing last year, cheap shot and try and pick fights, and their coach actually defended it last year as we were shakin hands. You really must know your not any good when you dont even try to play, the game was over before it started. Sequoyah wasnt playin football, they were playin "try and tear their ACL's" or "try to get em in a fight so they cant play next week like us".

"No one said they were cheap shots" I agree they weren't cheap shots but that definitely wasn't what you said and I quote "One was the QB on a helmet to helmet tackle after his knees were on the ground. " Get your story straight

You know what you learn in business and with maturity? That when the odds are against you, the odds are against you. Yeah, we're region 4, but this game with Sycamore against Meigs is like David and Goliath. I can be all hype about our region or I can be realistic, and reality tells me that Sycamore best enjoy round 1. Seed #4 is that for a reason. You beat the other losing teams in the region, and a couple of the games you won were by only 2. Just like with ND beating us by 1 it's still a win but not a convincing enough win to say you're that much better. Sorry, WarEagles go do the homework, and read for yourself Meigs reviews. This isn't Dekalb and even though I could pretend, I think it's all uphill.

Even gurus won't make this happen.

Edited by WHHS1975

You know what you learn in business and with maturity? That when the odds are against you, the odds are against you. Yeah, we're region 4, but this game with Sycamore against Meigs is like David and Goliath. I can be all hype about our region or I can be realistic, and reality tells me that Sycamore best enjoy round 1. Seed #4 is that for a reason. You beat the other losing teams in the region, and a couple of the games you won were by only 2. Just like with ND beating us by 1 it's still a win but not a convincing enough win to say you're that much better. Sorry, WarEagles go do the homework, and read for yourself Meigs reviews. This isn't Dekalb and even though I could pretend, I think it's all uphill.

Even gurus won't make this happen.

Well I have an opinion and I wouldn't never take anybody over Sycamore anyday. Sycamore is just a good of a football team as Meigs. Who cares if its #4vs.#1. That doesn't mean a dang thing. I know most people think, well since it's a #4vs.#1, #1 is automatically going to win. We'll find out Friday night who wins. :lol:

Well I have an opinion and I wouldn't never take anybody over Sycamore anyday. Sycamore is just a good of a football team as Meigs. Who cares if its #4vs.#1. That doesn't mean a dang thing. I know most people think, well since it's a #4vs.#1, #1 is automatically going to win. We'll find out Friday night who wins. :ph34r:

The best thing you can do is not to quote WHHS1975's posts. In fact ignore him altogether and do not bother reading his postings. The same can be said for both titans89, timbdp, & GreenbrierCat2. All of them think that they are football experts and all of them are simply not very smart when it comes to posting on here.

Sycamore will enjoy round one WHHS1975. You should do the same thing. Notre Dame has a better shot of beating you than Meigs does of beating Sycamore. ND knows that they've sent you home before and they'll likely do it again. Meigs beat ND early in the season but now they are playing great football. I imagine you and some other WH Football Fair Weather Fans will be screaming for Porter to bench Townsend and go make him sit on the bus if you get down early in this one. Sycamore will advance hands down. You will hopefully be wrecking the basketball forums with GreenbrierCat2 after this week. If you'd like I'll talk to Halsted next weekend and see if he can't give me some, 3, tickets to the Sycamore at Station Camp round two playoff matchup. I'll give you "Three Stooges" those tickets so you can go watch two good teams from Region 4-3A.