Riverdale vs. Warren County

All I can say is that was once a lil team of mostly sophs who lost their best players to knee injuries during the season. Word was that they lost 6 starters during the season.They still made it to the playoffs anyway as 4th seed, but no one thought they could survive even a quarter against the # 1 team in the state. That same #1 team was already looking at ring catalogues b/c that was how cinfident they were. In fact, they had their senior night the first round of the playoffs instead of their last home game. Well.......that lil Dickson County team came into MTSU's stadium and played the mighty giant and in OT came away with the W. They called them the Dickson County Goliath Slayers. Who did they take down??? Riverdale in 99.

Keep your heads up, Warren County.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game shapes up as an excellent opportunity for warren county to confront and defeat riverdale and take riverdale on straight up.I would suggest going right into the middle of their stadium and dare them to come out and take them on!

signed

General George Custer

I think this game shapes up as an excellent opportunity for warren county to confront and defeat riverdale and take riverdale on straight up.I would suggest going right into the middle of their stadium and dare them to come out and take them on!

signed

General George Custer

:thumb: 82cat that has to be one of your best ones! :thumb:

WC has the same problem Custer had as they are don't have no gatling guns in this contest. :)

Besides, as the game is at our home we have our SPEAR! :P

Thanks 2P for trying to hype up the Pioneers but I don't think that anyone in Warren Co. thinks we have a chance. I am really looking forward to this game no matter what the turn out may be.

Spoken like a TRUE and more importantly 'LOYAL' fan. :thumb:

Yes WC has a chance and if R'dale does not take EVERY game seriously in the playoffs they will be turning in their pads. That is the cold hard facts of life.

The important thing we need to remember is that it doesn't matter who the best team is...it only matters who wins the game. There are no do-overs because you don't take the game seriously enough.

Everyone earned their way into the playoffs. Everyone has to earn their way to the second round. WC has some big ole boys too.

Noticed Riverdale has updated their roster....

Spoken like a TRUE and more importantly 'LOYAL' fan. :thumb:

Yes WC has a chance and if R'dale does not take EVERY game seriously in the playoffs they will be turning in their pads. That is the cold hard facts of life.

You don't know what a loyal fan is. You have not went through what we have the past years. I was a fan then and I am a fan now. It is easy being a fan when your team wins a lot. Like I said if you were to go to Warren Co. and ask people who they would think would win this game 99.9% would say Riverdale. You have superior athletes than we do, and 2Priceless is right if we come out and play our "A" game then we do have a chance.

You don't know what a loyal fan is. You have not went through what we have the past years. I was a fan then and I am a fan now. It is easy being a fan when your team wins a lot. Like I said if you were to go to Warren Co. and ask people who they would think would win this game 99.9% would say Riverdale. You have superior athletes than we do, and 2Priceless is right if we come out and play our "A" game then we do have a chance.

hey now we have had some rough years at Riverdale if you have been a long time WC fan then you might remember some of them I played me freshman and sophmore year in 85,86 (had to work JR SR to help pay bills ) i got to play my sophmore year against WC but for the next 4 years or so we were not very strong so we know what you go thru and we had superior athletes then too if not more of them

I mentioned the Dickson County game in about the 3rd or 4th post of this thread so most of us are well aware of what can happen