Division II Football restructuring?

PowerSweep

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the TSSAA didn't like that one and now they have 9 teams in the Mid/East and 5 teams in the West. The Mid/East is divided into 3 pods and each team plays the other 2 schools in their pod and 2 schools out of the other 2 pods for a total of six.

do you have the breakdown of all the DII schools? If so, could you post it. I haven't seen anything for the DII-A schools.

So does the west team have to play 2 teams from the middle so they have six region games?

The Top 3 teams from the west join the top 5 teams from the mid-east region in an eight man playoff bracket

I know webb's region games next year are McCallie, Baylor, MBA, PJP2, Ensworth, and BGA.

I think webb is going to try to start getting kids in the school so they can compete to win championships in the league. The first 4 years they will probably be below avg. But if they get kids in that they can they will be good. Their the only real private school in knoxville. They could have a monopoly on all the talent in knoxville if they wanted. Well just have to see if the administration wants to be a true southern prep school and have great athletics.

So does the west team have to play 2 teams from the middle so they have six region games?

The Top 3 teams from the west join the top 5 teams from the mid-east region in an eight man playoff bracket

I know webb's region games next year are McCallie, Baylor, MBA, PJP2, Ensworth, and BGA.

I think webb is going to try to start getting kids in the school so they can compete to win championships in the league. The first 4 years they will probably be below avg. But if they get kids in that they can they will be good. Their the only real private school in knoxville. They could have a monopoly on all the talent in knoxville if they wanted. Well just have to see if the administration wants to be a true southern prep school and have great athletics.

I would think that CAK would also qualify as a real private school in Knoxville even though they do not play in DII

I would think that CAK would also qualify as a real private school in Knoxville even though they do not play in DII

Thats true CAK is a private school and they are starting to come on in athletics, yet Webbs tradition, facilities, and ability to offer finacial aid to athletes would make them the only private school in knnoxville that could compete in D2AAA if they really wanted too.