Crockett fans inform me on the condition!

crockett78

Nervous? Well, according to the Jackson Sun...

Senior running back/linebacker Jarvis Perry severely sprained his MCL in a 13-6 victory over Haywood and is expected to be sidelined for at least four weeks.

"I'm not going to jeopardize anybody's career," said Crockett County coach P.A. Pratt , whose team plays host to Frayser (2-7) in the first round of the playoffs Friday. "He might be back in Week 4 (of the playoffs), but doctors aren't too optimistic about it. "We'll just have to wait and see."

With Perry out, junior Terry Lyons will fill in at running back. Lyons will have the luxury of being surrounded by one of the area's top senior trios in quarterback Craig Massey and wide receivers/defensive backs LeShaun and LeRon Johnson , the fuel for an offense averaging 41.5 points per game.

Pratt is confident in Lyon's abilities.

"I believe he would be starting for any other team in West Tennessee," Pratt said

Will you all just look at yourselves. This is getting ridiculous!!! JARVIS PERRY is doing fine his cousin and close family member has informed you. The Jackson Sun wanted an answer so the answer was given. The young man is doing fine trust me I see him everyday. So stop believing everything you see and hear and come out to CAVALIER STADIUM in ALAMO on Friday and support the ones that are playing. 4 weeks? Yeah right

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you all just look at yourselves. This is getting ridiculous!!! JARVIS PERRY is doing fine his cousin and close family member has informed you. The Jackson Sun wanted an answer so the answer was given. The young man is doing fine trust me I see him everyday. So stop believing everything you see and hear and come out to CAVALIER STADIUM in ALAMO on Friday and support the ones that are playing. 4 weeks? Yeah right

this is gettin too complicated i dont know who is right..........ima have to find out myself gah!!!

I know one thing for sure-Jarvis Perry is a monster runner and a huge key cog in the cavalier offense. We will sorely miss him for however long he is out. The power dimension to the run game is important to the cavaliers, and on quick hitting inside plays there is hardly a chance that perry wouldn't get at least three yards. He also has underrated speed on the outside stretch play. Very sad to see him go down and i don't think his college career should be jeopardized by rushing back from this injury. While there is certainly no replacing jarvis perry, I do believe terry lyons has a lot of natural ability running the football. He is very, very difficult to bring down, never gives up on a play, and is hardly ever taken down on first contact. He can break tackles, but also has the ability to reverse the field, find a seam, and break a big one. His pass blocking may be the question mark since he hasn't been called on for much pass protection thus far, but running wise and behind a veteran offensive line he is a more than capable backup. Nevertheless, i along with all the other cavaliers hope jarvis' rehab goes well and he is able to return at full strength sooner rather than later. Good Luck Cavs!

Simmer down, I'm on your side. The guy was about to have a mental breakdown if he didn't hear something, so I quoted the paper.

Keep'em guessing! :thumb:

I've been watching Terry play football for 5 years--he's great and will do fine filling in for Jarvis. When Terry was in 8th grade he was the "Jarvis Perry" of the middle school team. I have faith in Terry and the rest of our boys--they've had a great year and won't quit now. Jarvis needs everyone's support but no pressure--the important thing is for him to get well. I imagine he wants to play as bad as we all want him to. Everybody come on out tonight but dress warmly, it's gonna be freezing! Don't forget that season passes are no good tonight, gotta buy tickets.

I've been watching Terry play football for 5 years--he's great and will do fine filling in for Jarvis. When Terry was in 8th grade he was the "Jarvis Perry" of the middle school team. I have faith in Terry and the rest of our boys--they've had a great year and won't quit now. Jarvis needs everyone's support but no pressure--the important thing is for him to get well. I imagine he wants to play as bad as we all want him to. Everybody come on out tonight but dress warmly, it's gonna be freezing! Don't forget that season passes are no good tonight, gotta buy tickets.

LEIGH LEIGH wats up???? Ready for first round???? You all tail gateing before the game???

GOOD LUCK CROCKETT :ph34r:

Hey Ratherberacin--What's going on? Yes I am ready for 1st round. As for tail gaiting, I wasn't going to do it cause its so cold, but I been thinking about it, and after last week and the freezing cold mini-hurricane we sat through I think we can take it. So yes, we'll be behind the old field house. Come see us--a bunch of the players came over to eat last night (including Jarvis--not in a wheelchair either!!! HA-HA!!!)and I have lots of "party food" left so I'll just load it all up. Be hungry! Guess we need to start early since senior night starts at 6:30. I'll be there with food ready at 5:30 or so. You and anybody else just come on.

Hey Ratherberacin--What's going on? Yes I am ready for 1st round. As for tail gaiting, I wasn't going to do it cause its so cold, but I been thinking about it, and after last week and the freezing cold mini-hurricane we sat through I think we can take it. So yes, we'll be behind the old field house. Come see us--a bunch of the players came over to eat last night (including Jarvis--not in a wheelchair either!!! HA-HA!!!)and I have lots of "party food" left so I'll just load it all up. Be hungry! Guess we need to start early since senior night starts at 6:30. I'll be there with food ready at 5:30 or so. You and anybody else just come on.

Im gonna try to make to a few tail gating spots lol.... if i can get out of the bottom in time gotta show a buddy our land cuz hes gonna hunt on it saturday.. i dont hunt so sombody needs to use it. see u tonight