Spring Hill at Lexington

SHRaiders

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring Hill's team speed is going to hurt Lexington (especially when the Raiders have the football on offense). Lexington does not have the team speed to contain Magwan Smith or Ned McCaster from what I saw of them against JSS.

lexington may not have a lot of team speed but they have played and beaten some pretty fast teams this year. Fayette Ware has speed all over the field and Lexington manages to "outscore" them in overtime. Bolivar is pretty fast too, and lexington won there as well.

Lexingtons offense does a good job of keeping the other teams offense on the sideline. I dont know much about spring hill, but i doubt they will be any faster that what lexington has already seen this year.

lexington may not have a lot of team speed but they have played and beaten some pretty fast teams this year. Fayette Ware has speed all over the field and Lexington manages to "outscore" them in overtime. Bolivar is pretty fast too, and lexington won there as well.

Lexingtons offense does a good job of keeping the other teams offense on the sideline. I dont know much about spring hill, but i doubt they will be any faster that what lexington has already seen this year.

I agree with this post!!..with me knowing alot about lexington football considering that i'm a student there i know what they are capable of and not. lexington lost a great graduating class last yr which meant they had to work hard to get where they are now....to be quite honest, i didnt think lexington would even make it to the playoffs but look at what happened?..i dont know alot about spring hill...never really heard of them but i will not underestimate them b/c they could come in here tonight and blow lexington away...i do know that this is going to be a great game tonight...and regardless of the outcome, i will be very happy of the tigers for the great season that they had this yr.

scoring wont be spring hills problem stopping lexington will though they have figured out a way to outlast people all year long see bolivar and fayette-ware and their coach is very good he makes adjustments and put the red tiger in the position to win do i think they will win i dont kno but it wont be a blowout if they lose

Spring Hill's team speed is going to hurt Lexington (especially when the Raiders have the football on offense). Lexington does not have the team speed to contain Magwan Smith or Ned McCaster from what I saw of them against JSS.

You called it BC. The speed of Spring Hill killed Lexington on D. Spring Hill decided to shut down the running plays up the middle and it was over for us. Congrats Spring Hill and good luck with DL next week :thumb: .

I was proud of The Tigers for even making the playoffs, but I'm disappointed in the fans. I don't know about anyone else, but I felt like I was at Spring Hills' home not Lexington's. The Lexington stands were basically empty compared to the last 2 years in playoffs games. I think the Soring Hill side was standing room only. Their band even blasted away while we tried to call and run plays on offense, that resulted in 2 back to back delay of game penalties for us. The refs finally made them stop in the 3rd quarter, so the fans took over for them doing the same thing. Thats just great fans right there, thats what the home side should have been doing. I don't think we will ever have a quality football program if we just support the once in a generation teams, and barely show up for the teams that have over achieved.

And bulldog69, I hate it when you're right. :angry::(

You called it BC. The speed of Spring Hill killed Lexington on D. Spring Hill decided to shut down the running plays up the middle and it was over for us. Congrats Spring Hill and good luck with DL next week :thumb: .

I was proud of The Tigers for even making the playoffs, but I'm disappointed in the fans. I don't know about anyone else, but I felt like I was at Spring Hills' home not Lexington's. The Lexington stands were basically empty compared to the last 2 years in playoffs games. I think the Soring Hill side was standing room only. Their band even blasted away while we tried to call and run plays on offense, that resulted in 2 back to back delay of game penalties for us. The refs finally made them stop in the 3rd quarter, so the fans took over for them doing the same thing. Thats just great fans right there, thats what the home side should have been doing. I don't think we will ever have a quality football program if we just support the once in a generation teams, and barely show up for the teams that have over achieved.

And bulldog69, I hate it when you're right. :angry::(

That's all right ...montague1... I am truly a football fan and I am a big follower of Region 5 back to 1996. Your SS boys barely squeaked by Cheatham co 42-35 in the last two minutes. .....DL was killing FW and I am not sure about GC game.

Lexington had a good run though and my hat is off to them for a 6-4 season when they had lost so much. The intensity of football in this area is very tough.

And bulldog69, I hate it when you're right. :):huh:

I agree with everything...and the incident with the band was downright ridiculous...it's a football game for cryin' out loud, what do you expect them to be, quiet as a mouse? Anyway, that was a boost to the whole game right there...

Edited by SHHSRaiders27

I agree that the officials making the band stop playing was ridiculous! That just made the crowd that much louder. I think the crowd ended up being twice as loud as the band was. Congrats to spring hill! I'm so proud of everyone of you guys. Y'all played your hearts out. 35-7 WAY TO GO! Good Luck in round 2!!!!

You called it BC. The speed of Spring Hill killed Lexington on D. Spring Hill decided to shut down the running plays up the middle and it was over for us. Congrats Spring Hill and good luck with DL next week ;) .

And bulldog69, I hate it when you're right. ;):lol:

I was one who could have went and didn't last night. You are right about the fan support though, it is lacking on a consistent year to year basis. I went last year a lot but my son was playing. this year he quit so I only went once. I admit it.

I will also admit that to get the support you need to be a people person and get the students and community excited about the program. Lexington hasn't had that for a good long while. Very few players like or respect the coach. Ex-players I have talked to don't care for him. He knows football but he runs off a bunch of kids with the stuff he does. Lexington has a numbers problem. Lots of students and very few football players. Why is that? Until our numbers are up where they should be for a 3a school we will never be much more that we are.

I wish it weren't so but it is. There is plenty of talent but no depth because of numbers. Look at huntingdon. At least twice as many kids on the team if not more and they are 2a. Kids today aren't like they used to be. You can't treat them like crap and expect a lot of them to stay. I dearly wish mine would play regardless of who was coach but he doesn't want to. I could make him but I won't. I know for a fact that there are several on the team that are there only because they have to be.

On a positive note I expect them to be better next year and be in the playoffs again. I don't think they will go out in the 1st round next year either. They should compete for the region title again. Just think though how much better they could be if they had 60 soph,jun,and seniors instead of 30. Last years team as good they just ran out of gas as well as into david lipscomb at the end.

Just my .02 and I hope they win a state title next year. I'll try to do better myself about attending games.

Youre right about lexington. More than enough talent to be a statewide power year end and year out roam the halls of that school. of 500 guys in that school you only have about 30 of em playin ball, somethings not right here. Politics in lexington keep things the way they are and until some school board changes occur ( in the process) lex will fall way short of what they should be. Steve is a good guy but a horrible coach. He can only find a handful of players to stick with it and take his crap. If lex ever gets the numbers up get used to seeing red in the borro.