volunteer vs. tennessee

bomber68

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Mo-West game tonight. They have alot of ball players but the talent in Bristol is just as good or better. Play your game and hopefully you will get that rematch with South.

You'll see the difference in two different aspects of the game. 1, they have a lot of players which means that while O or D is on the field, the O or D is all together on the sidelines making changes. 2, you'll see that by the third or fourth quarter that your talent has gotten a little slower, and little more tired, while all their players are fresh and ready to go.

What's the story Cap? Did you take it easy on them or did they actually give you a bit of competition? Looks like it's the battle of Sullivan County vs. Hamblen County...if we could just both win then we could settle this mess like Gentlemen! If that happened would it be in the Castle' or in the Valley'? :lol:

The Falcons had a good game plan and executed it pretty well. The Vikings were just too much for them on the field. They did a descent job in containing our big FB but drastically underestimated the running ability of Danny our QB!!! They were able to move the ball well at times…especially at the beginning of the game but the Fortress quickly fortified and shut them down when it counted. Their only score on O was in the closing seconds of the game against the second team and they had to work for that!! Their second score came off of a fumbled handoff by the second team with 7 seconds in the game. I have to give it to them…even though it seemed like they had no chance to pull off the win they never laid down and quit. I understand that they have a young team and if they continue to build on this year (as I’m sure Rider will) there’s no doubt they will be back!!! Well-played game and good sportsmanship by both teams. :blink:

Many bright spots.

Just sr's playing jr's..... one year at that age goes a long way. Wait till 07 and talk to me then.

The sr's that we do have on the field steped up and showed the underclassmen what it's like to dance with the big guys. Thanks to all the SR's. You guys put the club on the winning road.

Them Bristol boys are tough. Give it to'em. and it looked to me like they had been there before. A class act.

All we'll see and hear this week is how DB got screwed having a " 90 yard td called back". Them poor indians cry so loud but look where they are every year, some folks just can't be happy. They are the big fish in this small pond. Just learn to swim around with your fin up tribesmen

I would like to be a 10 and 0 team that can't win in the playoffs.

You know what I mean Vern?

Edited by ulcpanther

Congratulations to TN High. You guys took it to us tonight and we were not talented enough to handle it. Oh well, maybe next year. We have several starters returning ( I think 8 on offense and 9 on defense ). We have a lot to build on and I don't remember a Volunteer team ever having a late season run like this one and plus have a bunch of starters returning.

To TN High: You guys look like a team that can hang with MoTown West for awhile but their depth may get to you by the 2nd half. You better be prepared to play lights out football for 48 minutes. They are bigger and just as strong if not stronger. You may actually have a little bit of a speed advantage and you will need to utilize it to beat the Trojans. I want to wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the season. If we can't go on I would just as soon see the team that eliminated us go on to win it all.

To all the Falcons: You guys put on a terrific show for the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season. You turned a corner with the program with your late season intensity and never quit attitude. The Junior class will have to keep us on the right side of that corner next season and build on what has been started this season. Thanks for making it interesting this year.