Bearden 4 Greeneville 2

Ilovethisgame

futbol_ bum 06,

No one has said anything derrogatory towards Bearden. They are a great team and deserved the win. The only complaint was about the center ref. Too bad you found it necessary to disparage the Greeneville squad.

The bad call giving Bearden the PK and the lead caused G'ville to bring one of their defenders up front in an attempt to even the score. That left the defense weak and contributed to the last goal so that call did turn the entire game around. You are right, your girls received yellow cards for questionable reasons. Again, poor officiating.

Also I think it was the student section you are referring to. Hopefully it wasn't adults you heard.

Bearden wouldnt have got that last goal if there wasnt 13 minutes of stoppage time allotted....poor officiating once again

Edited by lilpoofer22

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ilovethisgame,

i apologize for making remarks about the greenville team, i was caught up in the moment. they have come a long way this season and really surprised me.. it's too bad the officiating was so bad. i heard all kinds of stuff in the corner of the field that obviously sparked the ref's attention and he wasted about 5 min.. i didnt think that was necessary at all. whether or not that was the turning point is ones own judgement. but overall it seemed bearden dominated 2nd half, which is when both teams came alive.

Bearden wouldnt have got that last goal if there wasnt 13 minutes of stoppage time allotted....poor officiating once again

:thumb: in southern middle tennessee there is no stoppage time because the clock is kept by clock operator and not the center ref they only stop the clock on a injury

I know that emotions are running a bit high, right now, but I will say this... Greeneville, you are better that what I am reading on these threads. In the past you have always won and lost with class. Please don't let this digress into a "chest thumping" we'll beat you anytime or place argument as it is seeming to be.

I agree with Big G.

This was a great game played by 2 good teams and both should be commended for playing it to its fullest. The girls all played their hearts out. The game was intense but fairly played by both sides. The officiating was the problem, not the girl's play.

I would congratulate both teams on great seasons and wish Bearden well in States.

Edited by Ilovethisgame

incase you didnt know those refs were from around your town. :thumb:

Never saw them before - but it dosen't matter - games over - Do us a favor though - we lost a heartbreaker to Hendersonville early in the season - could you please get by Houston and then beat Hendersonville for us? We would would appreciate that. Thanks in advance

:lol: in southern middle tennessee there is no stoppage time because the clock is kept by clock operator and not the center ref they only stop the clock on a injury

That's incorrect Mjuhb. The official clock is kept on the field by the center ref in Middle Tenn. The clock operator is supposed to stop the clock with 2 min. remaining so there won't be that discrepency between the center ref (for stoppage time) and the clock.