Daniel Boone vs Sullivan South

formerblazer

Brad Jeffers (Soph.) entered the game early in the 3rd. In the 4th #15 Taylor Fletcher (Soph) came in and ran the ball until the clock ran out. We did not throw the ball in the 4th. Besides, if we did throw the ball with our backup QB and all second string offense (with the exception of Fletcher) what would be the big deal. It's what we do. Fletcher was 1st string Tailback until he broke his foot against DB so this is his first time on the field in 10 weeks so he doesn't count. Were you at the game?

Phillips was in the game until the 4th quarter. After Boone scored their touchdown to make it 35-6. South threw for another touchdown on their 1st play of their next possesion with Phillips in at qb. South did bring in their back-up qb to start the 4th quarter and continued passing the ball. I can see getting your back-up some playing time in a game, but why was Phillips still throwing with a 35-6 lead late in the 3rd quarter? Don't come on here and lie about Jeffers coming in early in the 3rd and not throwing the ball in the 4th quarter when I was at the game. If South was just wanting to make a statement fine, but running up the score will come back on you some day. My guess will be in 2 weeks in Morristown.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips was in the game until the 4th quarter. After Boone scored their touchdown to make it 35-6. South threw for another touchdown on their 1st play of their next possesion with Phillips in at qb. South did bring in their back-up qb to start the 4th quarter and continued passing the ball. I can see getting your back-up some playing time in a game, but why was Phillips still throwing with a 35-6 lead late in the 3rd quarter? Don't come on here and lie about Jeffers coming in early in the 3rd and not throwing the ball in the 4th quarter when I was at the game. If South was just wanting to make a statement fine, but running up the score will come back on you some day. My guess will be in 2 weeks in Morristown.

I wouldn't call it running up the score as long as we are talking 3rd quarter and a tournament game. A 29 point lead is not a sure win in the 3rd quarter. The coach made the right move, going for one more touchdown before putting in the second team.

You write as if you don't have much football experience. Is that it or are you just sore about losing and looking to complain to let off steam?

Edited by Anthony17

OK. I said we would not underestimate Boone'. To be quite honest, we drastically overestimated them. I have not seen Boone' play this year except for scrimmages in the spring and summer with S South. Before the season began we did not have a high opinion of them. But, as the season wore on they seemed to be making it happen. They hung with M West for a bit. Tonight, I don't know...I guess they just didn't show up or something but they were easily the worst team we have played all year. Including Happy Valley. I don't want to discount them because last year they were for real and not just because of Hicks. But tonight...they were dead flat with a play book every bit of a page and a half. Simply one-dimensional. No pass rush whatsoever. And Cameron Jarrett...get real! Curt did not even break a sweat. When they came out after the half...they were asleep. I think North and Unicoi both are much better than Boone'. So M East...it's us baby. In the Valley! :thumb:

OK. I said we would not underestimate Boone'. To be quite honest, we drastically overestimated them. I have not seen Boone' play this year except for scrimmages in the spring and summer with S South. Before the season began we did not have a high opinion of them. But, as the season wore on they seemed to be making it happen. They hung with M West for a bit. Tonight, I don't know...I guess they just didn't show up or something but they were easily the worst team we have played all year. Including Happy Valley. I don't want to discount them because last year they were for real and not just because of Hicks. But tonight...they were dead flat with a play book every bit of a page and a half. Simply one-dimensional. No pass rush whatsoever. And Cameron Jarrett...get real! Curt did not even break a sweat. When they came out after the half...they were asleep. I think North and Unicoi both are much better than Boone'. So M East...it's us baby. In the Valley! :thumb:

But but but but, well you should knwo that..................meh. Sorry I got nothing. I feel bad for my Boone boys. You have your opinion and that is fine. Anything can happen on any given Friday. It looks like the boys didn't play their best game tonight, and since I didn't head to the game I can't really say much.

I will take offense at the North being better than Boone comment though, seeing as how we beat them this year.

East and South will be an interesting game next week.

Easy now, let's not get too cocky. It was a first round playoff game. Boone is not as bad as they showed tonight I'm sure. Didn't Boone beat North this year? You have to remember, one night doesn't make a season. Remember our first game of the season? Boone had a good year and shouldn't be hanging their heads after one game. We'll take the win and move on, but let's not rub salt in the wounds.

Easy now, let's not get too cocky. It was a first round playoff game. Boone is not as bad as they showed tonight I'm sure. Didn't Boone beat North this year? You have to remember, one night doesn't make a season. Remember our first game of the season? Boone had a good year and shouldn't be hanging their heads after one game. We'll take the win and move on, but let's not rub salt in the wounds.

That has to be Volman’s wife posting under his screen name???? Surely he doesn’t have that much sugar in his pants?? :thumb:

How bout them South boys from that WEAK MLC!!!!!!! :D:lol::lol:

Way to represent!!! :blink:

From tonight’s results it doesn't take a genius to see who has the stronger conference this year. ;)

All I have to say is that Kurt you better watch out for Mo West and especially the MAN at linebacker #44. He's the best linebacker I have played against. And yes we played the worst game of the year at the most important time. Football is a huge part of a players life, but the sun will come up tomorrow.

All I have to say is that Kurt you better watch out for Mo West and especially the MAN at linebacker #44. He's the best linebacker I have played against. And yes we played the worst game of the year at the most important time. Football is a huge part of a players life, but the sun will come up tomorrow.

As time goes on, you'll remember the wins, remember the losses, laugh at the good times and the bad that you lived through while playing football. You'll think about how two a days weren't that bad and how great it would be to be in front of that crowd one more time.

And then you'll realize you can't. But that is ok, because you were a Boone Boy, and no one can ever take that away from you.

Congrats on a good season, enjoy the rest of your senior year and enjoy some rest when you go home from school now.

To be honest, after the way Boone' played West I thought they were for real. And yes, they may be...and yes, we too are susceptable to being on again/off again. I do apologize for being condecinding if that's the way I presented it. I don't want to pour salt in the wound. I guess I'm just knocked out that they did not show up. I have not seen them play so I can't comment on past performances. I guess if the only game DB fans/players saw us play was the game against them then they would feel we too were unqualified. And that too would be equally unfair. They however, witnessed the THS vs SSHS game. I have not witnessed any other Boone' performance. So for me to say they were the worst team we've played, is the truth. That may not do them justice...and I feel sure that on another day they might just prove otherwise but based on tonights performance I feel some of the less successful teams in the MLC are superior. And 28-19 over North...well I'm not so sure that is all that convincing. But, 18-0 over Greenville was. I'm sorry for being rude but I think last years team was hands down a more aggressive team. Boone' will be 5A soon and their program has come along way. Tomorrow (morning?) Gray and Colonial Heights play for the Optimist championship. It has been competitive all they way down to that level for 6 years that I can personally attest to. So they will go nowhere but up. And really, they have no business being in the 5 Rivers. They are smack dab in the middle of the MLC and they belong here. Anyway, sorry to be a jerk and good luck next year Boone'.