Daniel Boone vs Sullivan South

formerblazer

Allright, playoff time is here. We have 4th seed Daniel Boone traveling to Death Valley to play 1st seed Sullivan South. An old rivalry that fans of the Big Six conference are sure to enjoy.

Uggg..........this is my payback for being the first team to beat South at Death Valley. Boone has to go down there, which is never good since only one or two games have been won there. You have a great team who can win ball games to play against. You have to play the best team in region 1.

I can't even bring myself to try and talk smack, things are stacked against Boone, I won't deny that at all.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how healthy Boone is. I know South is rolling right now. If Boone is healthy they should be able to establish their run game. The Blazers must hold on to the ball, run the clock, and keep Phillips off the field. They WILL NOT stop the Rebel air asault. Coach Jenkins will have to dig deep into his BAG of TRICKS and from what I hear he has already been practicing a few of them. I think it could be.......

The Mighty Rebels 28

The Blazers 16

Good Luck to Both

Stop Kurt Phillips, stop South. Easier said than done, right? I'm sure Boone will put ever ounce of skill and energy into this game. The seniors don't want South to end their season like they did last year. Between this being a game that could end their football careers and playing Coach Jenkins old team.....what more motivation do you need?

Boone: 14

South: 7

Yes I just changed the score from last years game. :lol:

I saw the game against Morristown East, If Boone will stay with their running

more, they have a chance. Boone passing game really played into Morristown

East speed. Go beat Sullivan South and show how the 5 river plays.

You're exactly right. Boone has stopped many of their drives this year by killing a drive with a pass. If the run works, make the defense stop it. The 5 man front Boone runs needs to be changed. How many times last night did East's fullback get past the line and run wild? I'd much rather see a 4 man front or even a 3-4 and let the linebackers read the backfield a little better. With a 3-4 you could have a couple of spies for Phillips like a lot of teams do for Michael Vick. If Boone throws the ball under 5 times they'll win. If they start passing it will get ugly in a hurry. No onside kicks with over 10 minutes to go and trailing by just 14 and save your timeouts. This is game 11, there should be no illegal substitution penalties. One more thing, if Boone gets the ball in the 4th quarter and is only down by 7, please do not start the drive off with a pass play like last year.

South wins, but has the toughest matchup against Reg 2. Is anybody out there smelling a Johnson County upset over Mo East?

I like being the underdog. Cherookee,Boone fans gave us no credit coming in and now cherokee is at the house and Boone will be at death valley. I really hope we are taken lightly by our opponents.

I think these 2 teams scrimmaged last Spring and as I vaugely remember Phillips going about 60 or 70 yards on a QB draw. He will be hard for Boone to contain... Of course scrimmage last Spring does not mean a lot now.... but South started their season slow and has progressively being building toward the playoffs where as Boone looked like a #2 seed earlier in the year and seem to have taken a step back...may be due to injuries... but looking forward to a good game and best of luck....

South 35

Boone 14