Daniel Boone vs Sullivan South

formerblazer

To be honest, after the way Boone' played West I thought they were for real. And yes, they may be...and yes, we too are susceptable to being on again/off again. I do apologize for being condecinding if that's the way I presented it. I don't want to pour salt in the wound. I guess I'm just knocked out that they did not show up. I have not seen them play so I can't comment on past performances. I guess if the only game DB fans/players saw us play was the game against them then they would feel we too were unqualified. And that too would be equally unfair. They however, witnessed the THS vs SSHS game. I have not witnessed any other Boone' performance. So for me to say they were the worst team we've played, is the truth. That may not do them justice...and I feel sure that on another day they might just prove otherwise but based on tonights performance I feel some of the less successful teams in the MLC are superior. And 28-19 over North...well I'm not so sure that is all that convincing. But, 18-0 over Greenville was. I'm sorry for being rude but I think last years team was hands down a more aggressive team. Boone' will be 5A soon and their program has come along way. Tomorrow (morning?) Gray and Colonial Heights play for the Optimist championship. It has been competitive all they way down to that level for 6 years that I can personally attest to. So they will go nowhere but up. And really, they have no business being in the 5 Rivers. They are smack dab in the middle of the MLC and they belong here. Anyway, sorry to be a jerk and good luck next year Boone'.

You weren't being a jerk, you just got a little pumped after a good win. No problem. Let's just hope we continue playing like we did tonight and we might have a shot at advancing farther than we did last year. Good job Rebs! :blink:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is that Kurt you better watch out for Mo West and especially the MAN at linebacker #44. He's the best linebacker I have played against. And yes we played the worst game of the year at the most important time. Football is a huge part of a players life, but the sun will come up tomorrow.

44 is a great player for Mo-West but they have to get by a good bunch at Tn High, Knowing how good of a team South and Tn. High have. I see round three being all MLC.

Edited by devil pride

Phillips was in the game until the 4th quarter. After Boone scored their touchdown to make it 35-6. South threw for another touchdown on their 1st play of their next possesion with Phillips in at qb. South did bring in their back-up qb to start the 4th quarter and continued passing the ball. I can see getting your back-up some playing time in a game, but why was Phillips still throwing with a 35-6 lead late in the 3rd quarter? Don't come on here and lie about Jeffers coming in early in the 3rd and not throwing the ball in the 4th quarter when I was at the game. If South was just wanting to make a statement fine, but running up the score will come back on you some day. My guess will be in 2 weeks in Morristown.

They have done that the past few weeks against everybody, including my school North.Up something like 35 -7 or more at halftime North had like a 8 or 9 min. drive starting the 3rd qtr.By the time South got the ball back the 3rd was about over and they wasnt happy with it being a 4 touchdown game, Phillips was in and throwing continuesly.Then in 4th backup come in and throwed several times,do i have a problem with it,no.I wouldnt pull punches if i was coaching, i would use everyplay to try to help my team be better.I would want to take my team to the next level, and u cant do that by ever letting up.You have to instill in them to be 110% every play whether up by 50 or down by 50.You have to keep it fun for them and give them confidence.You have to use every oppertunity to polish them and teach them.That dont happen just by here and there, you must be consistant and persistant no matter what the circumstances is.To get your team to get to the level of Mo. West,Maryville,Knox Central and such, you have to instill the attitude and drive in them and never wavier.You can never allow them to be sluggish or satisfied they must learn to maintain intensity level at all times.Plus if you start to become a dominant team, more kids want to be a part of it,and following classes will work even harder and be more dedicated.Thats how you build a tradition and maintain it.Consistancy is the key.There no better expirience for a backup or young player than to get to come in and play when another team is beat down. But you have to let them play, it does no good 4 them to come in hand the ball off or run straight up the gut.The biggest thing a young player usually needs is true confidence.Confidence in his decision making and in his abilities.Bring a young back in and slam him up the gut over and over while the other team is usually piled up in there expecting it.Will do nothing for that kid, he loses confidence in hisself and teammates.Dont think he wont be sayn that the didnt block 4 him, and in his head will be a seed of doubt in his ability to play at that level.Plus u could risk career ending injury, sending him in piles of frustrated opponents.Samething with any position qb included, whats he learn handing dives and taking knees.You have him in the best situation to teach him, the defense is tired frustrated and have no drive or confidence when there beat down.Plus there expecting nothing more than straight dives.Let him throw it, most of the time his recievers will be open, he will not only learn with no pressure, he will gain confidence and understanding.If he does make a mistake,he knows it will not effect the outcome of the game,and its very easy to explain to him that he has done nothing to hurt the team and can learn from it and become a better ballplayer,follow it up later in the film room alone with him.He will appriciate that and will be attentative,and will learn to study the game and be very coachable.The team will gain confidence in him too, confidence and believing in ones self and teammates is critical in high school football.You also have the importance in players believing in there coaches.You send a kid in there with him all fired up and knowing his has a wonderful oppertunity to prove hisself, and then not give him a chance to do something.It's gonna frustrate that kid and hes gonna be tension,something you dont want between players and coaches.Players must have respect and confidence in the coaches and vice verse, to have a successful program.You give that kid a chance to shine and he will respect you and play hard for you from that point on in his career there.Its like a family, for it to function properly, there has to be mutual respect, happiness,and unity.That dont just come you have to build that and you have to be consistant with it.I applaud coach Carter and respect his determination in building a program that will compete with these programs mentioned earlier and will do so sooner than some might think.It will not surprise me to see him bring a state championship to South one day.Hes staying focused on one thing and thats his team and only his team and trying to make them be the best team they can be.Those kids see that, and will play and work very hard for him and with that same determination.

Congratulations to South on the win and to Boone for a pretty good season.

South: Enjoy the win but don't overlook MOEast. They have a bunch of speed. I have seen both of you play and MoEast definitely has more speed. I think South is a better "team" but MoEast can run. If you can contain the outside running and the special teams returns you have a great shot at victory. If not, it will be time for basketball.

I will probably attend the game since it is the closest quality game at home next week. Good luck to both teams and the winner is probably headed for

MoWest ( imho ).

They are just trying to make him look big in stats. He has good enough stats not to stay in when the game is a blow out. To me that just shows favortism from a Coach by not letting the younger guys go in when it is an obvious win.

Wah wah wah! I've never heard so much crying in my life. I've said it 100 times, if Coach Carter wanted to pad Curt's stats, he would have some unreal numbers! He's usually out by the end of the 3rd. The reason they let Jeffers throw when he comes in is to keep him happy. Everyone's been scared he would transfer. He's a very good QB, but he'll only get to QB his senior year because he's playing behind one of the best high school QB's to ever play in this area. Now, get ready for Mo. East!

How bout them South boys from that WEAK MLC!!!!!!! :):D:)

Way to represent!!! ;)

From tonight’s results it doesn't take a genius to see who has the stronger conference this year. :)

You gotta be heavy on that Wacky Weed partner.. You have not had an intelligent post yet Bro.. And yes, with the exception of 2 teams the MLC is very weak.

I would say everyone who has played J County will say they can hang with just about anybody...so better rethink that number.

You are right. J CO. were legit for sure and could have won last night, but I think the better team pulled it out. I tell you what that RB was a little stud. He was full speed two steps in the hole, real tough kid.

They have done that the past few weeks against everybody, including my school North.Up something like 35 -7 or more at halftime North had like a 8 or 9 min. drive starting the 3rd qtr.By the time South got the ball back the 3rd was about over and they wasnt happy with it being a 4 touchdown game, Phillips was in and throwing continuesly.Then in 4th backup come in and throwed several times,do i have a problem with it,no.I wouldnt pull punches if i was coaching, i would use everyplay to try to help my team be better.I would want to take my team to the next level, and u cant do that by ever letting up.You have to instill in them to be 110% every play whether up by 50 or down by 50.You have to keep it fun for them and give them confidence.You have to use every oppertunity to polish them and teach them.That dont happen just by here and there, you must be consistant and persistant no matter what the circumstances is.To get your team to get to the level of Mo. West,Maryville,Knox Central and such, you have to instill the attitude and drive in them and never wavier.You can never allow them to be sluggish or satisfied they must learn to maintain intensity level at all times.Plus if you start to become a dominant team, more kids want to be a part of it,and following classes will work even harder and be more dedicated.Thats how you build a tradition and maintain it.Consistancy is the key.There no better expirience for a backup or young player than to get to come in and play when another team is beat down. But you have to let them play, it does no good 4 them to come in hand the ball off or run straight up the gut.The biggest thing a young player usually needs is true confidence.Confidence in his decision making and in his abilities.Bring a young back in and slam him up the gut over and over while the other team is usually piled up in there expecting it.Will do nothing for that kid, he loses confidence in hisself and teammates.Dont think he wont be sayn that the didnt block 4 him, and in his head will be a seed of doubt in his ability to play at that level.Plus u could risk career ending injury, sending him in piles of frustrated opponents.Samething with any position qb included, whats he learn handing dives and taking knees.You have him in the best situation to teach him, the defense is tired frustrated and have no drive or confidence when there beat down.Plus there expecting nothing more than straight dives.Let him throw it, most of the time his recievers will be open, he will not only learn with no pressure, he will gain confidence and understanding.If he does make a mistake,he knows it will not effect the outcome of the game,and its very easy to explain to him that he has done nothing to hurt the team and can learn from it and become a better ballplayer,follow it up later in the film room alone with him.He will appriciate that and will be attentative,and will learn to study the game and be very coachable.The team will gain confidence in him too, confidence and believing in ones self and teammates is critical in high school football.You also have the importance in players believing in there coaches.You send a kid in there with him all fired up and knowing his has a wonderful oppertunity to prove hisself, and then not give him a chance to do something.It's gonna frustrate that kid and hes gonna be tension,something you dont want between players and coaches.Players must have respect and confidence in the coaches and vice verse, to have a successful program.You give that kid a chance to shine and he will respect you and play hard for you from that point on in his career there.Its like a family, for it to function properly, there has to be mutual respect, happiness,and unity.That dont just come you have to build that and you have to be consistant with it.I applaud coach Carter and respect his determination in building a program that will compete with these programs mentioned earlier and will do so sooner than some might think.It will not surprise me to see him bring a state championship to South one day.Hes staying focused on one thing and thats his team and only his team and trying to make them be the best team they can be.Those kids see that, and will play and work very hard for him and with that same determination.

Backinblack, I read your words with earnest...all 10,000 of them. You have a decent perspective but Dude...I don't know...maybe say the same thing in like 3 sentences. Not dissen' you just... you know trying to help a brother out.