3rd Annual Gerry Bertier 2A Playoff Pickem Contest

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Country it has been a weekend of disappointments. First, I can't win my own contest. Then, I drive up to Carbondale, just to have the Skyhawks blow a 20 point 2nd half lead. Man what a heartbreaker.

Tell me about it man :thumb: With UTM & EIU losing today the OVC is still ZERO FOR THE CENTURY IN POSTSEASON PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last OVC team to win a D-IAA playoff game was TSU back in 1998 :D

In 1999 TSU lost in the opening round to NC A&T.

In 2000 Eastern Illinois lost in the opening round to Montana.

In 2001 Eastern Illinois lost in the opening round to Northern Iowa.

In 2002 Murray State lost in the opening round to Western Kentucky AND Eastern Illinois lost in the opening round to Western Illinios.

In 2003 Jacksonville State lost in the opening round to Western Kentucky.

In 2004 Jacksonville State lost in the opening round to Furman.

In 2005 Eastern Illinois lost in the opening round to Southern Illinois.

In 2006 UT-Martin lost in the opening round to Southern Illinois AND Eastern Illinois lost in the opening round to Illinois State.

I AM NOW CALLING IT THE "CURSE OF THE OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE" :D

Gerry is a busy man, give him time.

Yes I am a busy man. This is the last week of classes so being the wonderful responsible college student I am, I have put off all my major assignments for this week. Anyone up for writing a 15 page paper on why the North should help the South develop economically? So if I have time I will post the final results but we all know who won. So thanks for everyone playing and I will try to post the results.

I would offer help for your paper, but I myself am a responsible college student who just started and finished a 10 page paper on the wall street journal the night before it was due. When I had a teacher meeting and he asked how much I had done and I told him the truth he suggested I pursue a major in procrastination. Between going to college practice and running middle school practice I could never manage such a respected Pickem contest as Gerry Bertier 2A Pickem Contest. I missed getting in, but will next year. Good luck on your finals. I just can't believe that everyone thought Gatlinburg Pittman would win.

Edited by mcwrestler