Bearden @ Farragut - Round 1

FHS_Admiral

It's tough to beat a team twice in the same season, and I am not a huge fan of the TSSAA classification breakdown and playoff system (4 teams from each region) because I think it leads to too many rematch games in the playoffs. Nevertheless, that is what this game is and it must be played. Personally, I think this game could go either way. Hopefully Farragut won't be overconfident due to the current streak 6 games they have over Bearden. It they are, then Farragut just might be one and done in the playoffs. However, if Farragut is focused then I see them winning another close hard fought ball game with the Bulldogs.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't any reason why Farragut should lose, but it is the playoffs. Never a guarantee.

I'm almost thinking I'd pick 2-5A in a sweep, but WB would be a tremendous upset anyway, and Sevier seems pretty strong(though I'd pick McMinn, teams that get better as the season goes on are dangerous).

If the Dogs go to the air and get some of the big plays they have had against other schools Farragut could be in a real fight. However the Ads should be flying high after beating an out gunned Oakridge!

Good Luck Admirals!

If the Dogs go to the air and get some of the big plays they have had against other schools Farragut could be in a real fight. However the Ads should be flying high after beating an out gunned Oakridge!

Good Luck Admirals!

Rigger,

How do you feel about always seeming to have to play a tough rival game like Bearden every time in the playoffs? Personally, I think that the TSSAA has broken out the schools into 1 too many classifications. I think the top classification should be 4A instead of 5A. That way there would be more teams in each Division or Region, and probably not the exact same teams making the playoffs in the exact same position each year.

Another alternative to keep from having rematches is the playoffs is to shift the Regions playing each other in the first and second rounds. Instead of having Region 1 play Region 2, perhaps they should change it up and have Region 1 play Region 3 or 4 and have Region 2 play region left over.

What do you think? I don't like regular season rematches in the playoffs, and with Region 1 playing Region 2 so much in the regular season, it seems like 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs are always rematches of some sort.

Having said all of that, I still think the Admirals win a tough close game against the Bulldogs this week as long as they don't get overconfident.

Does anybody know if they did repair work on the field from last Friday's Oak Ridge game, in preparation for the game this week with Bearden. It was pretty much a total mess last week between the 30's.

If they did do repair work, what did they do. New turf or sod?

Come you Farragut and Bearden people, or Region 2 and Region 1 people. Let's hear some opinions on the game.

Farragut 21

Bearden 24

Final Score

Could be. It will be a close game in my opinion. I like Farragut's chances however. Why do you think Bearden will pull it out?

Rigger,

How do you feel about always seeming to have to play a tough rival game like Bearden every time in the playoffs? Personally, I think that the TSSAA has broken out the schools into 1 too many classifications. I think the top classification should be 4A instead of 5A. That way there would be more teams in each Division or Region, and probably not the exact same teams making the playoffs in the exact same position each year.

Another alternative to keep from having rematches is the playoffs is to shift the Regions playing each other in the first and second rounds. Instead of having Region 1 play Region 2, perhaps they should change it up and have Region 1 play Region 3 or 4 and have Region 2 play region left over.

What do you think? I don't like regular season rematches in the playoffs, and with Region 1 playing Region 2 so much in the regular season, it seems like 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs are always rematches of some sort.

Having said all of that, I still think the Admirals win a tough close game against the Bulldogs this week as long as they don't get overconfident.

Your athletic director does not have to schedule out of region teams for the regular season, that he feels you may face in the playoffs. Thus, if you dont want to face Bearden twice, then dont schedule them in the regular season. OK, having said that, I know the Bearden game is a big game for Farragut every year, but my point is, the TSSAA has nothing to do with who you schedule outside of your region. Thats your choice!!

Your athletic director does not have to schedule out of region teams for the regular season, that he feels you may face in the playoffs. Thus, if you dont want to face Bearden twice, then dont schedule them in the regular season. OK, having said that, I know the Bearden game is a big game for Farragut every year, but my point is, the TSSAA has nothing to do with who you schedule outside of your region. Thats your choice!!

Yeah cat,

I understand that scheduling outside of Region games is a choice. However, I am talking about the way that the teams are divided into classifications by the TSSAA. I think 5 classifications in Div 1. (plus Div 2) is too much. To me it is quite stupid that Bearden and Farragut are in separate regions given that they are only about 8 or 10 miles apart. If there were only 4 classifications then there could be a much better organization of teams plus teams wouldn't likely be playing as many rematches in the playoffs. I just think it needs to be structured somewhat differently. There is no way however, that Farragut should stop playing Bearden in the reg. season though. That game is tradition and a huge back yard brawl rivalry.

Yeah cat,

I understand that scheduling outside of Region games is a choice. However, I am talking about the way that the teams are divided into classifications by the TSSAA. I think 5 classifications in Div 1. (plus Div 2) is too much. To me it is quite stupid that Bearden and Farragut are in separate regions given that they are only about 8 or 10 miles apart. If there were only 4 classifications then there could be a much better organization of teams plus teams wouldn't likely be playing as many rematches in the playoffs. I just think it needs to be structured somewhat differently. There is no way however, that Farragut should stop playing Bearden in the reg. season though. That game is tradition and a huge back yard brawl rivalry.

Ahhh.... Your talking about something that would MAKE SENSE, the TSSAA does not operate that way!! :thumb::lol: