DII vs 5A

Mttgil11p

I was just speculating on how a #1 seeded DII team can win two games (bye) and win it all. On the contrary, all teams in 5A (and 4,3,2,1A), regardless of what seed, MUST win 5 to take home the trophy. Anybody willing to expand on this? Just thought it was kinda humorous. :lol:

There is a reason why the public schools and private schools split. I'm not versed enough in the subject to explain it to you. This debate can go on and on until Jesus comes back, but it's not going to change because it shouldn't. Let the D-II guys have theirs and the D-I guys have theirs. You can rank and compare all you like ... who cares. Just know that they were split for a reason. Don't beat on a dead horse!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a reason why the public schools and private schools split. I'm not versed enough in the subject to explain it to you. This debate can go on and on until Jesus comes back, but it's not going to change because it shouldn't. Let the D-II guys have theirs and the D-I guys have theirs. You can rank and compare all you like ... who cares. Just know that they were split for a reason. Don't beat on a dead horse!

Please allow me to educate you on why the D2AAA private schools were "FORCED" into another division after most of them had been playing in the same division for 30+ seasons. Riverdale and their coach at the time Gary Rankin lost the state championship game to Brentwood Academy. Everything was great when Brentwood Academy was playing down in classification and winning state titles but when they decided to request that the TSSAA place them in the states highest classification and they won the state title everything broke loose.

Before someone starts talking about cheating don't forget that Brentwood Academy won the case in front of the United States Supreme Court.

Please allow me to educate you on why the D2AAA private schools were "FORCED" into another division after most of them had been playing in the same division for 30+ seasons. Riverdale and their coach at the time Gary Rankin lost the state championship game to Brentwood Academy. Everything was great when Brentwood Academy was playing down in classification and winning state titles but when they decided to request that the TSSAA place them in the states highest classification and they won the state title everything broke loose.

Before someone starts talking about cheating don't forget that Brentwood Academy won the case in front of the United States Supreme Court.

There goes your reason @ Mttgil11p. Thanks cbg.

Actually, HE's probably the only one who can settle it but HE's got bigger priorities.

Edited by uncfan13