Notre Dame vs. FRA

DonCChatt

yeah the tssaa doesn't keep very good stats

a example

from tssaa stat box

SHOTS: Harpeth Hall - 4; St. Agnes - 7.

SAVES: Harpeth Hall - 7 (Kathleen Diehl), 0 (Sabin Nettles); St. Agnes - 5 (Kelly Dyer).

now how can SAA have 7 shots score 3 goals and kathleen diehl have 7 saves

harpeth hall had 4 shots but kelly dyer had 5 saves

:thumb:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I can think of for how they may have recorded saves (which are more than shots taken minus the goals) is maybe if the keeper stopped a "corner kick" they counted it as part of the saves stats, and part of the corner kick stats, so maybe you can have the situation we are seeing.

Nevertheless, some of those numbers are wrong, and it definitely seems to be inconsistent from match to match. Hey, you can say all that really matters is the final score and who moves on, but then I think the teams deserve to have professionally recorded stats if only to show the importance of the opportunity of playing in the State Championship games. Plus it helps with TSSAA creditability rating, I guess it's just a matter of principle, if you are going to do something give all effort to do it as "right" as possible. All those girls playing in State are sure doing that, and I send congrats to every team who made it this far, and to all the ones who almost did.

One thing I can think of for how they may have recorded saves (which are more than shots taken minus the goals) is maybe if the keeper stopped a "corner kick" they counted it as part of the saves stats, and part of the corner kick stats, so maybe you can have the situation we are seeing.

Nevertheless, some of those numbers are wrong, and it definitely seems to be inconsistent from match to match. Hey, you can say all that really matters is the final score and who moves on, but then I think the teams deserve to have professionally recorded stats if only to show the importance of the opportunity of playing in the State Championship games. Plus it helps with TSSAA creditability rating, I guess it's just a matter of principle, if you are going to do something give all effort to do it as "right" as possible. All those girls playing in State are sure doing that, and I send congrats to every team who made it this far, and to all the ones who almost did.

yeah some stat people also count crosses has saves so that might be it also

My daughter became a keeper about 6 years ago, so I tried to do some research on shots and saves. There are 2 catgories A "shot on goal" is the only thing a keeper can get credit for. A "shot on goal" has to have a resonable change of being a goal. A shot can be credited to a player that is making an attempt to score but has no chance of going in. For example a ball off the cross bar is not a shot on goal, and the keeper does not get credit for a save. Keeper also get no credit for stopping crosses, punch outs ect... This is why keeper stats can be very misleading. If you look at college stats, Shots on Goal should equal saves + Goals

My daughter became a keeper about 6 years ago, so I tried to do some research on shots and saves. There are 2 catgories A "shot on goal" is the only thing a keeper can get credit for. A "shot on goal" has to have a resonable change of being a goal. A shot can be credited to a player that is making an attempt to score but has no chance of going in. For example a ball off the cross bar is not a shot on goal, and the keeper does not get credit for a save. Keeper also get no credit for stopping crosses, punch outs ect... This is why keeper stats can be very misleading. If you look at college stats, Shots on Goal should equal saves + Goals

Also "own" goals/shots can make the stats appear distorted.

I don't think any FRA fan could question the call. My daughter is a senior on the FRA team; in fact she scored their only goal. However, albeit heartbreaking, the call was justified. Good luck to Notre Dame. You are a great and classy team. To the FRA girls, hold your heads up high! You should be proud of what you accomplished. You had a great year. FRA and ND showed everyone at yesterday's games how a Championship Game should be played. It had to be one of the best A/AA games ever played at the State Tournament. The students, the parents, the fans, the players, the coaches, the officals and everyone else involved conducted themselves with extreme sportsmanship and class. All involved should be extremely proud!!

zzzzz...that was a very good post. :thumb:

If we still could give good marks on here like we use to do, I would definitely give you one.