Rhea County vs. Maryville

EaglePride1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what you think Maryville thinks? Let's see Rhea Co vs. Maryville? Oh yea last time Maryville won 31-10 in 2003. In 2001 it was 61-14. Yea that is history but it is also telling. It seems there is renewed hope that Maryville is imploding and not as good as normal even though the program has won like 42 in a row and prior to the last loss in the semi's in 2003 they had 39 in a row. There is a mind set around the Maryville program that few others posses and who do you think are the underdogs in this contest? And why do you think that is so?

Think Maryville does more than just walk on to the field? We know our kids have a huge target on them and it would make another programs year to beat them, but don’t look for the Rebels to lay down so you can walk by them. Have a safe drive up here and enjoy the best HS football has to offer.

I was saying that in response to this:

"

I am glad Maryville had that off game because I know what kind of beating they will be ready to hand out no matter who gets off the bus friday night."

I know that Rhea will be heavy underdogs of course.

Your post came across to me like you think that no matter if the Chicago Bears showed up in Maryville on Friday night all you would have to do is show up and you'll win somehow.

The streak has to end sometime. I can just hope we're the ones to do it

Just to say:

I have the upmost respect for the Maryville program. It is just amazing some of the stuff that they have accomplished over the past years.

Well bless your heart that is likely the only time I will ever be called uppity by anyone. Lots of other things but not uppity. I honestly cannot give you a mental breakdown on the team. And since I am assumming you live two hours away I seriously doubt you know that to be true either, but an assumption on your part due to.......... the success we have had over the recent years. See what I mean? You are assumming Maryville players are snobs because of how much they have won. And your question sounded a tad........uppity. But obviously you thought you owed me one. :thumb:

I can see me trying to talk to you isnt working. I've already told you I do not discredit

the accomplisments of Maryville. I do not have to live less than two hours away to tell you the common attitude expressed by some of the players and fans of MHS. It's very plain to see even on this board. Once again, them winning has nothing to do with it. I don't care if they win 100 straight games if they do so humbly. Win 100 straight games and act like God, no I think not. Im not saying all act like that but there's no doubt that some do and those are the ones that warrant post such as mine.

hey expert the last time maryville and rhea played was 2004 not 2003 and it was 34-0 maryville just thought that you should know that since you call yourself an expert!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Your right I stand corrected 34-Zip 2004. That is when all of the seniors were soph's and more recent than I thought.

I was saying that in response to this:

"

I am glad Maryville had that off game because I know what kind of beating they will be ready to hand out no matter who gets off the bus friday night."

I know that Rhea will be heavy underdogs of course.

Your post came across to me like you think that no matter if the Chicago Bears showed up in Maryville on Friday night all you would have to do is show up and you'll win somehow.

The streak has to end sometime. I can just hope we're the ones to do it

Just to say:

I have the upmost respect for the Maryville program. It is just amazing some of the stuff that they have accomplished over the past years.

no I'm pretty sure if the Bears play Maryville, the Reb's would lose.

I don't want to sound arrigoant and anyone who has a brain knows the streak will end one day, all things like this do. It has been an amazing ride and a blessing to see your kids contribute within a program such that Maryville has.

I did not want to sound as if Maryville could beat anybody but my point is this. The past ten years I have seen Maryville have a few bad games where they came close to getting beat by a team they should have put away early. Everytime not just once and a while, they have pounded the next opponet with flawless excution and resolve. Also Coach Quarles said after the game "We'll try to make a positive out of (the close win). "As coaches, we'll be driving home the point that you can't overlook anybody, you've got to come out and be ready to play." This statement tell me GQ is convinced the Rebels were not ready to play. It will hurt them this week in practice as GQ will drop the hammer and get them movitated for this Fridays game.

Maryville had a bad game but did manage 23 first downs to eight for the Panthers and outgained them 354 yards to 174. Maryville didn't score its first offensive touchdown until late in the second quarter, had five turnovers to just two by Brainerd, and amassed 59 penalty yards on eight infractions, with Brainerd flagged six times.

Brainerd was minus-3 in total rushing yardage on 22 attempts, and 116 of its 177 passing yards came on two long strikes.

Sure I know Brainerd is no Rhea Co. But Rhea Co just barly beat a injury ridden Knox Central team for a slim 20-18 victory. Maryville beat a stronger Central team on September 29 by the score of 41-17.

We will be ready.

Sure I know Brainerd is no Rhea Co. But Rhea Co just barly beat a injury ridden Knox Central team for a slim 20-18 victory. Maryville beat a stronger Central team on September 29 by the score of 41-17.

We will be ready.

Yeah but Rhea also scored all 20 in the first half and then Knox Central had the ball almost the entire 2nd half because of they just ran it and ran time off the clock. only 3 plays in the first 15-16 mins of the second half. Its kind of hard to score when they have the ball that long. We did have like 4 or 5 picks on the night too.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I can see me trying to talk to you isnt working. I've already told you I do not discredit

the accomplisments of Maryville. I do not have to live less than two hours away to tell you the common attitude expressed by some of the players and fans of MHS. It's very plain to see even on this board. Once again, them winning has nothing to do with it. I don't care if they win 100 straight games if they do so humbly. Win 100 straight games and act like God, no I think not. Im not saying all act like that but there's no doubt that some do and those are the ones that warrant post such as mine.

Well if talking to me "works" only if I agree with you then you are right. It ain't working. I asked a simple question, you labled me with a "rep" and being "uppity" and then turned around and played judge and jury on the attitudes of our players. How do you know which ones are players and which ones are not? Besides that High School players are kids. Are yours perfect? Never seen uppity in Websters but I think your statement would fit there somewhere. Prefacing what you say with "I am not discrediting the accomplishments of Maryville" doesn't hide your dislike for their players and fans. Show me a post where I acted like God and I will delete it and replace it with an apology. Interesting you would use that analogy as judgemental as the tone of your posts are. And here is the best news of all. If talking to me doesn't work ignore my posts. Calling me out, and insulting our players and fans is totally optional.

Edited by mhs

Well if talking to me "works" only if I agree with you then you are right. It ain't working. I asked a simple question, you labled me with a "rep" and being "uppity" and then turned around and played judge and jury on the attitudes of our players. How do you know which ones are players and which ones are not? Besides that High School players are kids. Are yours perfect? Never seen uppity in Websters but I think your statement would fit there somewhere. Prefacing what you say with "I am not discrediting the accomplishments of Maryville" doesn't hide your dislike for their players and fans. Show me a post where I acted like God and I will delete it and replace it with an apology. Interesting you would use that analogy as judgemental as the tone of your posts are. And here is the best news of all. If talking to me doesn't work ignore my posts. Calling me out, and insulting our players and fans is totally optional.

Point taken. I see that you blatently misjudge every one of my posts so It's just best to move along. No one was called out or insulted. If it bothers you so much to read someones opinon, then I do apologize. For the final time though, in almost all my posts, I have said that I do not discredit them. One bad apple can ruin the bunch though. It's all about being humble. This will be my last post in response to you, Good day sir.

"even if they make it past Rhea Co. they wont make it past Red Bank"

I just have one question ......Y IS NO ONE GIVING THE OTHER REBELS A CHANCE AGAINST RED BANK????????????? as if Red Bank is like that Nike team on tv w/ Vick and Brian Urlacher and LT..jeez i kno they are good but dang they arent immortal they are almost the exact opposite of West..ask any blue radier fan.

o and just to say i believe there are three teams that have /had the best chance to beat mayville this season

WB-rivalry

Knox West-Revenge

Mooo West- mindset has to be done it b4 can do it again..

and 1 more thing mrvul fans are a class act..they just react like any other hard core fan would for their team..dont start nuthin wont b nuthin

As aways go rebles...(cough cough West)..lol

Edited by KnoxWest#63

The Rhea county fan base will show up in full support (we know the way very well over the last 7 or 8 years) This should be a great game, everybody knows that Marviull is a machine and is ranked as the best team in the state, but that is why they should get everbody's best game. Rhea will not roll over and die, they will show up to play. ONE day someone will knock off the rebels, I just hope I can be there when it happens.