CPA@Camden

rcombs

Camden didn't play 3 of the 4 listed if they would have they wouldn't have been playing in Round 2 last night. I said this in a earlier post, Camden used to play the Cream of the crop when we were district 14. I also said it in a earlier post, Alcoa is a public school and they will dominate all the way to the state game for #3. Including Goodpasture. 6- 2-AA was just a good region. Not a great one

Willie you don't keep up with Camden Football Very well. We played Westview in season opener lost by one. Turnovers cost us that game alot kids playing new positons. Scrimmaged Milan and Trenton did very well. You said you played against real 14aa competition. Well so did I. 1983 Team. If I remember well Camden Got to go to the playoffs when you played and got our butt whimped by Brentwood Academy. So what is your point. Alcola better be ready. I have never seen a team as good as CPA in 2a period and if Goodpasture is better than them neither have no business playing in any clasification other than 5a or Division 2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie you don't keep up with Camden Football Very well. We played Westview in season opener lost by one. Turnovers cost us that game alot kids playing new positons. Scrimmaged Milan and Trenton did very well. You said you played against real 14aa competition. Well so did I. 1983 Team. If I remember well Camden Got to go to the playoffs when you played and got our butt whimped by Brentwood Academy. So what is your point. Alcola better be ready. I have never seen a team as good as CPA in 2a period and if Goodpasture is better than them neither have no business playing in any clasification other than 5a or Division 2

Know it very well. How many times did Camden scrimmage or play Humbolt or Trenton this year? Yes we did get to go to playoffs, on a buy, and yes we did get beat by BA 42-7. Whats your point? Mine is that if they would have played Humbolt, Milan, and Trenton this year they would have lost 2 of 3 because they could not move the ball against very good D's ( example: Huntingdon , Westview, and Lewis co.) 1 TD against all three, a blocked punt and two field goals. CPA has never seen a O like Alcoa, Goodpasture has ,remember state last year when Alcoa beat Goodpasture 55-13, It wouldn't surprise me to see it again. Remember, Alcoa has lost to 2 teams , Maryville is Nationally ranked and only beat Alcoa 17-14, Fulton was #1 in 3-AAA and beat Alcoa 24-21, and Chat. Mccallie was #1 in Div.II AAA and Alcoa beat them, and as a matter of fact I think Mccallie knocked off BA. Alcoa has not lost to a 2-AA school since 2003. Did very well against Milan, Trenton, and Humbolt is not beating them.

Edited by willie9650

Camden didn't play 3 of the 4 listed if they would have they wouldn't have been playing in Round 2 last night. I said this in a earlier post, Camden used to play the Cream of the crop when we were district 14. I also said it in a earlier post, Alcoa is a public school and they will dominate all the way to the state game for #3. Including Goodpasture. 6- 2-AA was just a good region. Not a great one

How many times did Camden scrimmage or play Humbolt or Trenton this year? Yes we did get to go to playoffs, on a buy, and yes we did get beat by BA 42-7. Whats your point? Mine is that if they would have played Humbolt, Milan, and Trenton this year they would have lost 2 of 3 because they could not move the ball against very good D's ( example: Huntingdon , Westview, and Lewis co.) 1 TD against all three, a blocked punt and two field goals. CPA has never seen a O like Alcoa, Goodpasture has ,remember state last year when Alcoa beat Goodpasture 55-13, It wouldn't surprise me to see it again. Remember, Alcoa has lost to 2 teams , Maryville is Nationally ranked and only beat Alcoa 17-14, Fulton was #1 in 3-AAA and beat Alcoa 24-21, and Chat. Mccallie was #1 in Div.II AAA and Alcoa beat them, and as a matter of fact I think Mccallie knocked off BA. Alcoa has not lost to a 2-AA school since 2003. Did very well against Milan, Trenton, and Humbolt is not beating them.

Willie, let me start by saying that it appears that you either resent or are very envious of the 2006 Camden Lion team.....if not, you are not a true fan. If you were a true supportive fan, you wouldn't get on here bashing and critisizing the boys. They do not pick and choose the teams that are put in their region. They worked very hard to have a great season and deserve nothing but compliments for a job well done! Congrats to the Lions for winning the Region 6 2A Title. You keep bringing up "Camden used to"....well, "used to" is just that....let the past be the past and give these fine group of guys credit where credit is due. If you can't then you need to go back to your chocolate factory.

Edited by im4lions

Willie, let me start by saying that it appears that you either resent or are very envious of the 2006 Camden Lion team.....if not, you are not a true fan. If you were a true supportive fan, you wouldn't get on here bashing and critisizing the boys. They do not pick and choose the teams that are put in their region. They worked very hard to have a great season and deserve nothing but compliments for a job well done! Congrats to the Lions for winning the Region 6 2A Title. You keep bringing up "Camden used to"....well, "used to" is just that....let the past be the past and give these fine group of guys credit where credt is due. If you can't then you need to go back to your chocolate factory.

I'm very proud of our boys, my son will play for Camden also,he played for Jr. high this year. My point is to get better we have to pick up the competition level above the teams we are playing or go to a different classification. I am proud of the fact we were Region 6-2AA Champs but we got to improve this team and build off of this and were not going to do it playing the region competion that we play. Yes, I am a fan,but I'm also a realist.

Edited by willie9650

Obviousily you didn't see the 2003 Huntingdon or Milan teams, the 2004 or 2005 Alcoa team, or even this years Goodpasture team. That is just in recent history.

It isn't that those teams weren't good, just that CPA was really balanced and well executed last night. Huntingdon and Milan would run over you or break a big run with speed. CPA looked like a precision offense last night. Kicking game was absolutely awesome. And defense played very well to give the offense good position all game.

Waverly couldn't beat Camden and CPA blowed both camden and Wavo out.If those games were to be played again next week you would still have the same results. CPA would still blow them both out. Congrats to Camdens senior class and 6-2aa championship. Did I mention Camden would smoke Wavo again.

I stand by what I said. If Camden played like they did last night and Waverly played like they did against CPA, Waverly would beat Camden. CPA scored 17 points in the 4th qtr against Waverly to make it 42-7. It was 36-0 at the Camden game last night. Camden had 3 turnovers, Waverly had 6 turnovers. Waverly was down 19-7 at the half and it should of been 19-14 or 19-10 because we couldn't get it in at the 4 yard line and missed a chip shot field goal.

Camden has a very good team, CPA has a great team, but Waverly really improved over the year especially the last 3 games including the CPA game.

Sports fans I have seen a lot of HighSchool Football in my days. But I have never seen a football team the calibur of CPA in 2aa. Camden Couldn't beat them in a hundred games and neither could nobody else in 2aa in West Tn. Papa Tiger I wonder about you. You don't see the same game I see. Camden And Lewis County got blowed out. I know Camdens Kids played there hearts out but no way do they compare CPA. If Goodpasture is better than CPA i'm glad we don't have to play them. I doubt Bethel or UT Martin could beat them (LOL). Guys there good. Saying this Camden you had a great season maybe one of Camden's best. In reality camden can play with anybody out there in the public sector but not the private schools. I'm not crying we don't make the rules we just play the cards we been handed.

NO, I look at reality.

Know it very well. How many times did Camden scrimmage or play Humbolt or Trenton this year? Yes we did get to go to playoffs, on a buy, and yes we did get beat by BA 42-7. Whats your point? Mine is that if they would have played Humbolt, Milan, and Trenton this year they would have lost 2 of 3 because they could not move the ball against very good D's ( example: Huntingdon , Westview, and Lewis co.) 1 TD against all three, a blocked punt and two field goals. ]

Do you not know who we played? I tell you, we scrimmaged Milan 5-5 tie on starters neither team could stop each other. Trenton and Union City in a 3 way scrimmage won both. Sounds like you may have been the water boy during your years in high school. Is our region really weak or is CPA and Goodpasture far surperior. But don't punk our team. Our offense really only struggled against Huntingdon. Should have scored 21 on Westview turnovers were killer. Lewis Count wet field. Don,t no how that would have turned out on dry one. Milan beat westview on wet field 7-0. I guess they have no offense either.