Lewis vs. Goodpasture

Stat_pack1

You're right, CPA's is better. Their starters shut out Fairview and gave up 7 to Waverly (95 total yards) after they fumbled (20 yard Waverly drive).

GP will wear LC out - book it!

I dont know what to say about the score of this game other than both teams are physical, well coached, and both teams have class. I think gp wins this but no matter the score the L/C is going to hit them. BUT you can say the same thing about gp so either way this will be a great test for L/C and a hard hitting game from both teams. GOOD LUCK to both and hope for little or no injuries.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this public private crap would end. What happened to GP last year? I mean Lewis Co. has ALOT more of a reputation than they do. So they have a good team this year, congratulations but what about next year? Lewis Co. is good year in and year out. GP will probably win this game, but i would bet it won't be a blowout, but you never know. What about Alcoa ALWAYS being good? They aren't private, it just depends on coaching and experience throughout the years.

Check your history. In the 198I playoffs I was on the field setting the tone by tagging your star running back on the opening kickoff. It was a freezing night in Lewis County. Final score 14-0 Cougars. By the way, we got a little motivated during warmups when LC's fans starting talking trash about one of our bigger players. I believe the line was "Hey, look at the cow on our pasture, heh, heh, get it, Cowpasture." Yeah, we've never heard Cowpasture before. We've also never heard that country boys are tough and private school kids are soft. Don't worry about the fact that our dads work at the Ford Glass plant in Nasvhville or the Dupont plant. Some are cops, firemen and drive trucks for UPS. Plus, some of our kids work tobacco in the summer. Yeah, go ahead and think our kids are soft and spoiled rich kids. Goodpasture is not MBA. For the most part our kids go to Goodpasture because they're zoned for terrible Metro schools and more importantly our parents want God and prayer to be in the classroom.

as for god and prayer in the classroom , we beleive in too, that is outside the perimeters of football, so backoff of that tagman in 1981..... as for then ond now we played both sides of the ball then and we will friday as well put your team on the field an entire game both ways and see who gets spanked...c'ya friday night tagman

as for god and prayer in the classroom , we beleive in too, that is outside the perimeters of football, so backoff of that tagman in 1981..... as for then ond now we played both sides of the ball then and we will friday as well put your team on the field an entire game both ways and see who gets spanked...c'ya friday night tagman

I'll be there. Look in the Goodpasture stands. I'll be the one sitting next to the prettiest woman in the stadium. Come see me, I'd love to shake your hand.

I'll be there. Look in the Goodpasture stands. I'll be the one sitting next to the prettiest woman in the stadium. Come see me, I'd love to shake your hand.

that i can do , i know you are as proud of gp as i am lc also in saying that we love our towns, and teams but more than any of above our sons, if you got one playing. hope that you do becquse this is what memories are made of..goodluck

I dont know what to say about the score of this game other than both teams are physical, well coached, and both teams have class. I think gp wins this but no matter the score the L/C is going to hit them. BUT you can say the same thing about gp so either way this will be a great test for L/C and a hard hitting game from both teams. GOOD LUCK to both and hope for little or no injuries.

nice reply, and it is getting closer and closer.. football time in Tenn,, this is the best of the best , i wish all players the very best and hope they all remain injury free.

that i can do , i know you are as proud of gp as i am lc also in saying that we love our towns, and teams but more than any of above our sons, if you got one playing. hope that you do becquse this is what memories are made of..goodluck

Come see me. I've only got a 19 month old right now and I'm dropping him off at the grandparents so my wife and I can see the game. I usually hang out under the scoreboard chatting with some of my old buddies and teachers about 30 minutes before kickoff. Then, I'll go sit down. If it's cold I'll be wearing a Carhart jacket. if it's warm I'll be wearing a Carhart hat. Come shake my hand, I'll buy you a coke. Let's both pray for a hard hitting, low penalty, injury free, lay it all on the line game.

Come see me. I've only got a 19 month old right now and I'm dropping him off at the grandparents so my wife and I can see the game. I usually hang out under the scoreboard chatting with some of my old buddies and teachers about 30 minutes before kickoff. Then, I'll go sit down. If it's cold I'll be wearing a Carhart jacket. if it's warm I'll be wearing a Carhart hat. Come shake my hand, I'll buy you a coke. Let's both pray for a hard hitting, low penalty, injury free, lay it all on the line game.

i can do that. I look forward to the competition and two teams layin it on the line.

Edited by L/Csmearuall

See you Friday. Hope you and the LC fans have a safe trip over to the game.

A little irony here was the running back #8 he is supposed to be with me so look forward to meeting you and my brother was also on the field as a linebacker. he will be there as well.. we have got some good tradition and heritage becuase most of the boys are sons of alumi ball players from way back then,