Spring Hill at David Lipscomb

SHHSRaiders27

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now you're off topic....but since you started it I heard that a bunch of DL players got on here a few years ago and started braggin about hanging 55 on Alcoa and well, you know what happened the next week.....Anyway since then players are banned and they know if they do people are watching

I believe you "heard" wrong. Feel free to show me the old threads, but all 55 of those points were not mentioned until the following year by former Lipscomb players.

Also: NEWSFLASH - Coach T Message Boards do NOT play a role in a game, as much as everyone on here wants them to, its time to get over it. As a former player, the last thing on my mind when I was on the field is what message boards had said the previous 5 days. However, for those of you who think this has an impact don't let me crush your dreams, carry on.

Well now you're off topic....but since you started it I heard that a bunch of DL players got on here a few years ago and started braggin about hanging 55 on Alcoa and well, you know what happened the next week.....Anyway since then players are banned and they know if they do people are watching

I live off topic. Now, I could be the wrong one, but I heard that you are incorrect in everything you just said after "off topic...." Thanks for playing. Your career had promise... When I read post number 2, I laughed a little. However, I heard that it may be time for you to hang up the keyboard and retire. In closing, I think it may be time to let the CoachT comments and non-comments from past years rest in peace.

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring tonight's TSSAA Round 2 matchup with Spring Hill is now posted on The Mustangfanpage.

Many other updates and postings are noted on the site. Catch tonight's action live over AM 900 WKDA in the Nashville area or worldwide on the internet at the Mustangfanpage. Internet Pre-game show starts at 6:00 PM CST

Boy, those two bit hard didn't they? I guess they set us all straight about Lopscomb boys not spending much time posting on coacht with the rest of the losers. They'd probably say that they're too busy studying game film for week thirteen opponent.

Back to the game, Spring Hill ran all over the Lomscomb front the first time. Don't you think they've been working on perfecting that attack? How in the world is Limscomb going to stop it this time? On the other hand, Spring Hill defense is hoping they get to see the Lipscomb punter this game.

BTW, if I'd been on the last team to hang 55 on Alcoa, it would be hard not to get on here and talk about it.

I couldn't help but notice your membership information. What was your original name here on Coach T. Your style and bringing up such old information is ratting you out.

Aren't you really a member of the original Bomb Squad? You sure do sound like it.

Well I wasn't going to make a comment, but can't help myself. I've covered the Raiders all year (play-by-play) on TSN. Things have changed. And what I mean by that is, since that late September game against the Mustangs Spring Hill has reeled off 4 straight wins. They are scoring points and their defense has made great strides since the loss to David Lipscomb. If I'm not mistaken, junior QB Magwan Smith cracked the 1,000 yard mark in the Lexington game. Senior backs Ned McCaster and Matt Dunn have also had BIG plays throughout the four game run. I believe in my heart that this game might go down to who has the ball last or who gets the big turnover. It won't be a blowout!

Remember if you can't be there catch the LIVE audio play-by-play on TennesseeSportsNet.Com. Pre-game starts at 6:30PM.

So your theory is that spring hill will win because they have won four in a row? interesting... what does it mean than that lipscomb has won 10 in a row?

hiccups, I must apologize to you. Though your misspelling of Lipscomb is fairly unoriginal, to be perceived, even in passing, as a member of the Bomb Squad is a credit to your posting abilities. You have regained my CoachT respect, which as we all know is worth a lot. Carry on, and as I think should be said every Friday: I hope both teams have a safe game and hope the winner goes the distance.

Back to the game, Spring Hill ran all over the Lomscomb front the first time. Don't you think they've been working on perfecting that attack? How in the world is Limscomb going to stop it this time? On the other hand, Spring Hill defense is hoping they get to see the Lipscomb punter this game.

You only scored 15 points! How exactly is it that you "ran all over" Lipscomb's front? You could double the points you scored the first time and it still will not be close. The thing I remember the most about that game is that Lipscomb ran 12 different backs in the game and you didn't stop any of them.

The punter will be very tired at the end of the game; but, only because he is the middle linebacker and tight end. I wouldn't count on too many punts. He hasn't punted 20 times the whole season long.