Spring Hill at David Lipscomb

SHHSRaiders27

Hey vandy1 IF SYCAMORE IS ELIMINATED TONIGHT (which I hope is not the case) then I'll be coming to watch the Mustangs next week (if you guys take care of business against a tough minded Spring Hill bunch tonight). Hopefully that game would be at the Reese-Smith Athletic Complex against Giles County and not all the way out in Jackson :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry by the way if it seems like I am slighting another Region 5-3A team in Spring Hill. Magwan Smith & Ned McCaster both have the ability to hurt the Mustangs defense if Lipscomb isn't careful. Matt Dunn is an excellent all around back as well.

Spring Hill did not get here by accident. Since they lost to Lipscomb last time they've reeled off wins against Cheatham Co., Creek Wood, Page, & Lexington. In all of those games they've averaged right around 30 POINTS PER CONTEST. I do know that Lipscomb is far better than any of those previously mentioned teams but I also know that Lipscomb's is not the same defensive football team as they were last year and that they could find themselves in a shootout come 9PM tonight if they aren't careful.

This game will either be something like a 42-7 or 42-14 blowout in favor of David Lipscomb OR it will be a 35-28 or 42-35 type of shootout in which any team will have a shot to win (ie last week's Cheatham-South Side BATTLE).

Final score was DL - 35 Spring Hill - 0. Tough way for Spring Hill's season to end because Magwan Smith went out early with an ankle injury and Ned McCaster went out shortly afterward with a leg injury of some sort. Both are excellent players and were huge losses for the Raiders. I think Lipscomb would still have won the game, but it certainly would have been closer if Smith and McCaster could have played all the way.

Edited by dlhs3551

Final score was DL - 35 Spring Hill - 0. Tough way for Spring Hill's season to end because Magwan Smith went out early with an ankle injury and Ned McCaster went out shortly afterward with a leg injury of some sort. Both are excellent players and were huge losses for the Raiders. I think Lipscomb would still have won the game, but it certainly would have been closer if Smith and McCaster could have played all the way.

Good Point. Congrats to David Lipscomb the played a really good game. Big Congrats to the Raiders. We're really proud of you for this season. It would have been nice to see how this one played out with #9 and #43 being in the game four 4 qtrs and not just 10 minutes. But Hey these things happen. Any way Congrats to all of the raider faithfull.You guys did the whole community proud!!! :blink:

Same as "SHRaider" said. It just wasn't meant to be with the two injuries so early in the game. It still would've been a difficult game with them playing the whole way... Very impressed with Lipscomb. They looked even better than they did in the first game in late September... Again, congrats to the Spring Hill players and coaches on a great season. You made a lot of alumni/fans proud this year. It was definitely a season to build on. All of this years seniors should be proud that they were the outgoing class that got the program going in a winning direction again. I hope all of you come to games next year and in the future and support the program as proud alumni.

All I have to say is the Spring Hill fans are idiots. Everyone thought it was going to be close. Spring Hill had 7 yards of total offense. My best friend had over 200 all-purpose yards by himself. Spring Hill got Dominated

Apologies from this Lipscomb fan to any Spring Hill fan who is unfortunate enough to read this classless and unnecessary post. I just don't understand the motivation to make such statements.