Henry County vs Melrose

:lol: Yes, the stampede of Red is going to the Mound!!! I can't wait for this game! This year at the end of the 4th the score board will be different than last year.

The Patriots proved themselves against East. Not, saying they played flawless but, they did what they had to do to win. Each game has a different meaning which gives them a deep drive & thurst for a victory. These guys want this victory at the Mound more this year than they did last year. The Big Red Patriots are making their mark in the books!

Lets Rollem Patriots!!!!!! <_<

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is good rabbit hunting up here, but this week the Patriots will specialize in hunting Golden Wildcats at a place they call Orange Mound!!! We are anxious for the rematch. This game will be a classic. Several of the Big Red were working out this morning getting ready. We will not get away with some of the mistakes we made last night. So Patriots, the key this week will be your focus on the task at hand and playing as close to mistake free football as possible. If you come out playing like you did in the second half last night, you can beat anybody!!!

OK all you orange mounders, the big red caravan is coming back to Memphis! Save us a turkey leg or two!!! :unsure:

YOU ARE SO WELCOME JUICY T! we will be ready and waiting come next friday night. we played better tonight than we did all year !! had 2 tds caleed back. so come on down to the MOUND

you played better than you have all year. I thought melrose defense is suppose to be compared to ridgeway defense. you gave up 22 points to hardin co. whats up with that. our offense is alot better then theirs this is going to be a good game.think henry co will win this game this year in the mound, can't wait till friday

you played better than you have all year. I thought melrose defense is suppose to be compared to ridgeway defense. you gave up 22 points to hardin co. whats up with that. our offense is alot better then theirs this is going to be a good game.think henry co will win this game this year in the mound, can't wait till friday

I am really shocked that Hardin out 22 on the board against Melrose. I am also really shocked that on the Melrose/Hardin thread someone from the mound said they didn't see anything from the Hardin receivers. Did Deberry (I believe that was his name) play? If Hardin put 22 up without any help from their star wide receivers, then Melrose is in trouble come Friday night.

Yes Deberry did play an I thought he played well.. he caught some balls that looked to be for short yardage an turned them into 6 or 7 yards gains.. also Shutt had a td catch of about 40 yards and also ran a kick-off back and that says alot because u no how fast melrose is.. in my opinion Henry Co can win this game but will say i was impressed with the passing game and pass blocking of melrose of offense..one thing that melrose had trouble with was penalties they would make a big play an then get called back for holding.. you can't win big games doing that.. I think i would take HC in a close one..

Edited by swyper01

Hardin County scored 2 TDs vs Melrose's DEFENSE. 1 other TD came vs special teams: Here's what happed:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) 8pts...... (to open the 3rd Qtr) a good 60+ yard drive, mostly via nice 20-30 yard passes. Excellent drive. They marched down and scored on a short run. 2pt conversion run, good.

This was HC only sustained drive of the night. Great job, though, of opening up the offense.

2) 8pts ....Trick Play=Double pass. 40+ yards. The receiver was WIDE OPEN. 2pt conversion run, good.... BTW, this was EXACTLY how Maryville scored a TD vs Melrose, last year! Great play. Great Execution.

NOTE: HC attempted 2 other trick plays, earlier. Both failed:

A half-back pass was dropped by a wide open reciever, as the Melrose CB bit on the pitch-out. The receiver then got behind him, and would have scored. He simply dropped the pass.

A "sneaky squat-down" (I don't know the official name of this trick play--it was the same one that Arkansas pulled off successfully this year, vs Auburn I think.) ....As the offense breaks the huddle right at the line of scrimmage, a RB is simultaneously squatting down & hiding behind the center. The QB is back in shotgun & yells hut, hut, hut to start the play (seemingly as usual). As the lineman begin to fire, Mr. squat-down takes the snap (hopefully, still unseen by the defense) and begins to run....He got nailed for a loss!

Melrose has an overly-aggressive, fast, persuing defense. Their secondary often gets lulled into a loss of discipline and, as a result, becomes particularly vulnerable to such misdirection-type trick plays.

3) 6pts....Kickoff Return for TD by #11, I think. Great run down the sideline. Man, that kid's got some good speed on him....2pt conversion, failed

Total = 22pts. Hardin County.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being down 20-0 @ half-time while struggling to move the ball, Hardin County came out in the 3rd qtr & did a complete about-face--they began PASSING the ball, nearly every down! Great half-time adjustment. It caught Melrose completely off guard.

Melrose got back on track defensively after it finally started pressuring the QB, even sacking him several times. HC never really threatned again.

Let me repeat my statement, from earlier in the season (game 1 or 2): Melrose's defense is good (not GREAT), especially vs the run, but not as good as the last 2 years. Nontheless, they remain a very formidable force. It would not be prudent to issue alarms of their demise, then start the always tricky "comparative-score" analysis. That's an extremely slippery slope on which to tread, especially with this 2006 Melrose edition.

This YOUNG Melrose team is a very unpredictable bunch. They have been that way, since game #1. As for last night.... I never figured in a million years that they'd manage to score as many points, offensively, as they did. Therefore, nothing they do from this point forward will come as a surprise to me.

Expect the unexpected from Melrose in 2006.

Edited by TraderB