Henry County vs Melrose

Congratulations to HC and my HC friends. The YANKER was in attendance and was worried at halftime. You had a great second half and the better team won. I wish you well at Melrose. They will be a tough challenge as always so I hope you play the whole game like you did the final half. The YANKER hopes that you go all the way. The YANKER was disappointed in your crowd again. Why the small crowd for such a big game? They were very loud in the final quarter but quite small. Do your fans not like the playoffs?

I was a very scared fan at halftime. I, too, was disappointed in the lack of crowd. I don't understand it. We still had more than most but not up to our earlier standards. Someone sitting beside me said he knew a lot had gone to watch UT. I may be the lone ranger here, but I prefer a good ole high-school game any time, especially my favorite team. The crowd there was very supportive, but the stands need to be filled every game as long as we are playing.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a very scared fan at halftime. I, too, was disappointed in the lack of crowd. I don't understand it. We still had more than most but not up to our earlier standards. Someone sitting beside me said he knew a lot had gone to watch UT. I may be the lone ranger here, but I prefer a good ole high-school game any time, especially my favorite team. The crowd there was very supportive, but the stands need to be filled every game as long as we are playing.

Deja Vu came to mind for me in the first half. I had visions of the Munford game all over again. Not capitalizing on opportunities and then letting them get fired up at the end of the half. But, Coach Gaddis fired em up and they came back and proved themselves. Out crowd was disappointing, but they came to life in the second half. I just hope we have a GREAT showing at the Mound!!!

This game should be one for the record books. I don't think that the Patriots will come out half cocked against Melrose. There is too much on the line here. It will be much harder climbing out of a deficit against the Melrose D than it was against East. The Big Red Machine is getting geared up, time for us to Roll!!!

" I do hope the reffs aren't as bad as the ones we had this past Friday night. That was some of the worst play calling. If our team is allowed to PLAY without a stupid yellow hankie dropping every play we have a GREAT chance at winning this game. I do fear the officals will cheat us out of this one if they can."

Is this a early attempt to make excuses? Just wondering why even bring this into the topic this early in the week. Before you start, I am not a cheering fan of either team. Infact could not even tell you how to get to either school. Personally I think it will be a very good game. From what I have read both teams are justified in being at this stage in the game. Just hope for a well played ball game

I am really shocked that Hardin out 22 on the board against Melrose. I am also really shocked that on the Melrose/Hardin thread someone from the mound said they didn't see anything from the Hardin receivers. Did Deberry (I believe that was his name) play? If Hardin put 22 up without any help from their star wide receivers, then Melrose is in trouble come Friday night.

Yeah Hunter Deberry did play and played very well. I'm not sure but had 8 catches for about 100 yards. I think he got hit about 8 times every time he touched the ball but just kept fighting. The most remarkable thing about his yardage was that it was underneath their coverage where he had to take a pounding. He was open all night underneath and behind the Melrsoe DBs.

Yeah Hunter Deberry did play and played very well. I'm not sure but had 8 catches for about 100 yards. I think he got hit about 8 times every time he touched the ball but just kept fighting. The most remarkable thing about his yardage was that it was underneath their coverage where he had to take a pounding. He was open all night underneath and behind the Melrsoe DBs.

SportzNut,

Now that you have seen Hardin play Henry County and Melrose, what is your input on how this game may turn out? I know that the HC/HC game was early in the year, but I still think that you can compare. I am curious to hear your input...

It was early in the year and Hardin Co. got better every week.

I really think that Henry Co. will be able to run at the corners but they will have toopen the game with a passing attack. I mean passing every down. Not any 1 or 2 yard passes. Throw the 5 to 10 yard passes. ALso any kind of trick pass play you can come up with run it. They over pursue on every play.

One other thing they do no have a long snapper or a punter.

HC 32 Melrose 30

Melrose is 4real this post season. Everyone is focused and ready to play. The reason they scored after halftime is because Jr. MLB #7 Antonio Harper sat the rest of the game out(hurt ham string) who got an offer Florida State last week.He makes our Defense 100 times better when hes out there. Our Offense has a complete make-over since our head coach started calling the plays(instead of our O.C). Expect us to be in the State this year because we are 4real.

Melrose:42 Henry County:7

melrose42 hc7 are u smoking the funning smelling tobacco already, you are not playing memphis northside. one player makes your defense 100times better i guess the rest of the defense must be slaw.

What is wrong with you folks up there in Henryland?? Your crowd was down...your posts are scarce at best...there is no passion around there!!! It's too bad that the YANKER is not a full time HC fan...the YANKER would have things hopping!!! The YANKER has too many things going right now too take care of the Henryland apathy. I have to get back to work now that JCM is through. I have to figure out what has to be done at JCM to get us back on track for next year. I have to lay down the groundwork for my investigation of your MASSIVE running back who is closer to 30 years of age than 20. AND the YANKER must now double the investigation efforts upon learning of his 21 year old middle school brother!!! So as you can all see, the YANKER has a rather full plate and I cannot also take on the apathy at Henryland!!! I will tell you this...if JCM were in the playoffs...the YANKER would be filling up this board and challenging our fans to get to the game!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deja Vu came to mind for me in the first half. I had visions of the Munford game all over again. Not capitalizing on opportunities and then letting them get fired up at the end of the half. But, Coach Gaddis fired em up and they came back and proved themselves. Out crowd was disappointing, but they came to life in the second half. I just hope we have a GREAT showing at the Mound!!!

This game should be one for the record books. I don't think that the Patriots will come out half cocked against Melrose. There is too much on the line here. It will be much harder climbing out of a deficit against the Melrose D than it was against East. The Big Red Machine is getting geared up, time for us to Roll!!!

To put this as politely as I can. H.C. did not beat East. East beat East. I do believe the H.C. players & fans know that. East has a young to team that came out working H.C. over. I know H.C. was worried as could be as at half time. I believe East went into the half figuring the game was over (Mistake!) The are 4 quarters in football and you must play every quarter. H.C. did a great job not giving up after that first half "a" whoopin. In the first half H.C. offense could not muster anything. There defense did little to stop East's Offense. The 7 points that H.C. got in the first half was off an interception taken back to the house. The only positive they had in the entire first half. (Stop me when I'm lying, if you were at the game.) To make a long story short, East should have continue what they did in the first half & won the game hands down. However the fourth quarter came and so did the mistakes for East, therefore, letting H.C. off the hook.

I truly believe there is no way you will come to the mound and have any sucess at all. #1 & #34 are good players but are highly over rated. Your passing game is suspect, to say the least, and Melrose will hold your running game in check.

Good Luck to both Teams.

Melrose 18

H.C. 6

Do have a safe trip to the Mound and back to Paris.

And start getting ready for next year.

T.C.

What is wrong with you folks up there in Henryland?? Your crowd was down...your posts are scarce at best...there is no passion around there!!! It's too bad that the YANKER is not a full time HC fan...the YANKER would have things hopping!!! The YANKER has too many things going right now too take care of the Henryland apathy. I have to get back to work now that JCM is through. I have to figure out what has to be done at JCM to get us back on track for next year. I have to lay down the groundwork for my investigation of your MASSIVE running back who is closer to 30 years of age than 20. AND the YANKER must now double the investigation efforts upon learning of his 21 year old middle school brother!!! So as you can all see, the YANKER has a rather full plate and I cannot also take on the apathy at Henryland!!! I will tell you this...if JCM were in the playoffs...the YANKER would be filling up this board and challenging our fans to get to the game!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Yanker! The HC faithful will be in force friday night. Our road crowd is MUCH louder than our home crowd. Seems strange but I enjoy the road games more. The team is closer to the fans and they know that we are there pumping them up!

On the Munford / Fairley thread advice is given for HC to control the clock, burn time. I expect that is what we will do. How do you see the game playing out? Will you be making a prediction this week?

Yanker,

You were at the game Friday. And reading your earlier post about #34's age really had me thinking that this guy was a monster running back. He must have had a great game against you guys. I was not impressed at all by his running of the ball. He is a bigggg boy. But thats about it. I think he may have had 1 run over 10 yards against East. And East Defense has been it's weakness all year. Especially, tackling. Although vast improvements were being made every week. #34 is no where near a great running back to be concerned with. He probably just had a good break-out game against JCM.

Just Curious.

T.C.

To put this as politely as I can. H.C. did not beat East. East beat East. I do believe the H.C. players & fans know that. East has a young to team that came out working H.C. over. I know H.C. was worried as could be as at half time. I believe East went into the half figuring the game was over (Mistake!) The are 4 quarters in football and you must play every quarter. H.C. did a great job not giving up after that first half "a" whoopin. In the first half H.C. offense could not muster anything. There defense did little to stop East's Offense. The 7 points that H.C. got in the first half was off an interception taken back to the house. The only positive they had in the entire first half. (Stop me when I'm lying, if you were at the game.) To make a long story short, East should have continue what they did in the first half & won the game hands down. However the fourth quarter came and so did the mistakes for East, therefore, letting H.C. off the hook.

I truly believe there is no way you will come to the mound and have any sucess at all. #1 & #34 are good players but are highly over rated. Your passing game is suspect, to say the least, and Melrose will hold your running game in check.

Good Luck to both Teams.

Melrose 18

H.C. 6

Do have a safe trip to the Mound and back to Paris.

And start getting ready for next year.

T.C.

I was at the game and HC had no problem moving the ball against East. TURNOVERS is what stopped HC in the first half. Dropped passes with wide open receivers killed our momentum the first half. The defense was good all night. Short field gave East scores. Also, pitiful officiating and we still managed to win.

Yanker,

You were at the game Friday. And reading your earlier post about #34's age really had me thinking that this guy was a monster running back. He must have had a great game against you guys. I was not impressed at all by his running of the ball. He is a bigggg boy. But thats about it. I think he may have had 1 run over 10 yards against East. And East Defense has been it's weakness all year. Especially, tackling. Although vast improvements were being made every week. #34 is no where near a great running back to be concerned with. He probably just had a good break-out game against JCM.

Just Curious.

T.C.

Look at his stats for year. Hope Melrose thinks like you!