Henry County vs Melrose

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my first Henry County game on Friday night and had a great time. I saw the look in the players eyes before they took the field and I knew they weren't going let the game not be theirs. Coach Gaddis has a way of doing that to kids and they went out and played a heck of a game. Henry County was well coached and the kids believe in what they are doing. I think Melrose will get all they can handle on Friday night and more. Good Luck Patriots!!!

congradulations to melrose on a good game friday night an advancing. i was a little dissapointed with them from the teams that have come from OM in the past. i was just checking up on all of the summaries and stats from friday and i thought i would make some corrections.. sam shutt #4- hc, had one reception for a 43 yard TD thrown by our back-up quarterback #11 brett carnal. sam returned the kickoff for our 3rd TD. hunter deberry #7 had 9 catches for 96 yards. passing was the only way hardin county got around.. melrose run defense is very tough. if henry county wants to win this game they will need both a passing offense with an established running game and on defense they will have to contain tthe running back #34 i believe and they will need to stay deep on recievers, because they have speed- which is no suprise- and suprisingly very good hands on #2,81, and 13. good luck to both teams. of course id like to see my henry county take this one but who knows.. this game should be a good one to watch. my prediction will be melrose 27 to henry countys 21.

Well, I've been saying all the time that Melrose here we come. I've also stated that Henry County will be playing Maryville in the Championship.

I can't wait to go down to Memphis. Melrose, Please, Please overlook us. If you do you will get the spanken you deserve.

I'm predicting early this week. Henry Co. 27 Melrose 13

Maryville here we come!!!!!!!

Good Monday Morning Big Red Country!!! Here we are in Round 2 after a hard fought victory. We are ready for the Mound! Yanker, are you coming to Memphis for this one?!?!? I sure hope so, we need all of the support that we can get! Lots of fan support is needed this week! I hear that Randy will be bringing his entourage of horns to livin' up the visitor side. I am so excited! Friday can't get here soon enough....

Congratulations to HC and my HC friends. The YANKER was in attendance and was worried at halftime. You had a great second half and the better team won. I wish you well at Melrose. They will be a tough challenge as always so I hope you play the whole game like you did the final half. The YANKER hopes that you go all the way. The YANKER was disappointed in your crowd again. Why the small crowd for such a big game? They were very loud in the final quarter but quite small. Do your fans not like the playoffs?

Edited by Yanker

This will be a Classic Game. I see the winner of this game going deep in the playoffs. Like one guy said Defense wins Championships, and luckly THe Henry County defense showed heart and stepped up to help the Patriots to the win. This week the game will depend on them. If the secondary will step up and make more big plays, keeping Henry County's explosive offense on the field The Patriots will come away with the win. Like Coach Gaddis always says 4 quarters of football, and playing our game nobody can beat us! I agree and am looking foward to the upset.

I see Melrose winning this one unless they make a lot of mistakes. The HC - East score does not reflect how close the game was. Late in the fourth, East scored to go up 22 - 20 but the score was called back (WR blocked in the back on the 5 yardline - good call) and received another 15 yrds for the receiver diving in the end zone in a playoff game (Wow). Two plays later, the ball went through our receivers hands and was picked off and run back to the 1. That sequence made it 27 - 16 HC. They scored one more late because of mistakes trying to get a quick score. A matter of fact, they caught a couple of INT's off droped passes by wide open receivers and ran it back. East killed themselve and HC took advantage. I don't see Melrose, although almost as young as we are, making those mistakes that we made. Our offense is more dangerous than Melrose's, but their defense is better. Defense wins championships. I could be wrong. Good luck to both teams.

That is football, make plays or lose, talk about some dropped passess, we had one wide open in the end zone, I am not sure, are you wanting to count the points that should have been scored.

Congratulations to HC and my HC friends. The YANKER was in attendance and was worried at halftime. You had a great second half and the better team won. I wish you well at Melrose. They will be a tough challenge as always so I hope you play the whole game like you did the final half. The YANKER hopes that you go all the way. The YANKER was disappointed in your crowd again. Why the small crowd for such a big game? They were very loud in the final quarter but quite small. Do your fans not like the playoffs?

Good Monday Morning Mr. Yanker,

Thank-you for comming all that way to help support HC! I myself & All Our Loyal Fans Truely Appreciated It! I Greatly Appreciate Everyone that Supports Our Home Town Team! I, like you, was astounished at the lack of HC supporters Friday night when I walked through the gate. I can't say why there wasn't more supporters there. It was packed last year & the temp was cold then, also. I for one will remember the businesses that are showing their support for Our Patriots as they "Represent" Our Town! Those that aren't, well my money will be spent elsewhere. :thumb:

These guys know they have a Loyal Fan Base That Will Go Where Ever They Play, the size may not be large, but it's FAITHFUL!

The lack of noise is due to "Sour Kraut" Kriskey<(however it's spelt). I believe People are afraid they will get in trouble (like Randy Long) if they shake a bell or yell the wrong way. ~I know there's more to Randy's deal than that, I'm just saying.~ (don't call me or e-mail me about it) It has taken some of our players spirit (in a way) with Randy having to sit with "Sour Kraut" at EVERY GAME now & NOT ALLOWED TO CHEER FOR HIS SON & FELLOW PLAYERS. The Team thrives on the fan noise & horn blowing! It lets them know the people in the stands aren't just there for social time & they give a $not about what is happeing on the field.

I'm The Real Mom Of #77 & I approve this post. ;)