Henry County vs Melrose

SO you want Maryville and Hillsboro to lose..... B) Why not beat the best to achieve a goal? Wouldn't that make it more special?

I too am surprised TraderB at the amount of points Melrose game up. Congrats Henry County on the win..... :thumb:

Well I do not know what he or she meant but who ever we play and if we beat whoever plays us the next few weeks, I will figure that we beat the best. A state title would feel just as good against Red Bank as it would against Maryville, because if Red bank beat them, then they are the better team on at least one night.

I really wanted to play Munford again but will have to settle for a home game. I guess they can get on with their recruiting, I mean their off season.

and Cougar Mike, I was there that night and there was no deal made, you were offering a lot of information up and quite frankly it thrills me that you all get to watch this week. You all got to run your mouth after our game, and that is exactly what randle did, well I would have rather lost that game and still be playing than have won it and be done. It is Basketball season in Munford, go bounce a ball, It was not just an attitude it was a few athletes brought in to help a football program.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMW,

My early-season prognosis (that Melrose would not make it back to the State Title game, this year) was one of those predictions that I HOPED never came true! I hoped beyond all hope--cause I absolutely enjoy watching Melrose play football. They're always a very exciting team, always!

You're right, though, OMW. Melrose just had too much to overcome this season... Henry County obviously played a great game and was just too much for this young Melrose squad to handle.

What does Melrose look like for next year...any idea, OMW?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of success to your Son's team. Ya'll must be very excited, to say the least!

P.S......... Please keep us posted on your Son's team, post-season results.

The majority of this years Melrose team is back next year.. I expect us to be much better. Hopefully the coaching staff will stay together and we can develop.

I will keep you posted on how we fare in the playoffs. The 5A and 4A teams are divided into two brackets with two eventual state champions because of the large number of teams. Two of the nation's top ten teams in Lufkin and SouthLake Carroll plus 3 additional teams ranked in the 5southwest's top 5 are in our bracket . In addition the team we play in the first round has lost only two games in the last 2 years. Thsnks for the well wishes as it will be a tough road.

Well I do not know what he or she meant but who ever we play and if we beat whoever plays us the next few weeks, I will figure that we beat the best. A state title would feel just as good against Red Bank as it would against Maryville, because if Red bank beat them, then they are the better team on at least one night.

I really wanted to play Munford again but will have to settle for a home game. I guess they can get on with their recruiting, I mean their off season.

and Cougar Mike, I was there that night and there was no deal made, you were offering a lot of information up and quite frankly it thrills me that you all get to watch this week. You all got to run your mouth after our game, and that is exactly what randle did, well I would have rather lost that game and still be playing than have won it and be done. It is Basketball season in Munford, go bounce a ball, It was not just an attitude it was a few athletes brought in to help a football program.

:thumb: I'm with ya!

Melrose is 4real this post season. Everyone is focused and ready to play. The reason they scored after halftime is because Jr. MLB #7 Antonio Harper sat the rest of the game out(hurt ham string) who got an offer Florida State last week.He makes our Defense 100 times better when hes out there. Our Offense has a complete make-over since our head coach started calling the plays(instead of our O.C). Expect us to be in the State this year because we are 4real.

Melrose:42 Henry County:7

hopefully you now have a new found respect for Henry County.

Enjoyed the atmosphere from start to finish. Loud on both sides the way it should be. I am not sure I have heard a Pats crowd that loud in an away game. Great place to play.

After the time to think about, I am not sure Melrose were ready for the line play of Pats. Very few times Allen or McNairl were touched until they got at least 2-3 yards. When that happens Allen tends to run over people and McNairl runs around people.

Thanks to Melrose folks for your hospitality and words of encouragement for this Friday's game.

The majority of this years Melrose team is back next year.. I expect us to be much better. Hopefully the coaching staff will stay together and we can develop.

Man, that's just down right SCARY!

Looks like all Melrose is gonna' need next year is a good running back.....My gut tells me that there's some outstanding RB out in the Memphis area already trying to figure out a way to get a transfer to Melrose, for next season!

First of all congrats to the players and staff of Henry County on a big win. Now two things I have to say to you. First you are correct about the night of the game no deals were made but there were other conversations that I doubt coach called you up to get your personal approval on! Also I don't recall COACH Randall ever doing anything but act with class regarding our game as did your staff. So again I wonder who you might be. Are you a hanger on who feels important being close to the staff? We had a word for that when I played. Your also right in the fact that I would have rather lost the Henry game and still be playing but NOT you or anyone else can or will be allowed to take away what these boys have accomplished this year. I'm glad your thrilled and frankly so am I at what these fine young men have achieved, eight wins, second round in the playoff appearence, a region chanpionship, all this coming off a 2-8 season from last year. Sir I feel you to be a simple minded person who rather give credit to hard work by fine young men and a coaching staff would dismiss their accomplishments to recruiting. I have all the respect in the world for COACH Gaddis and his staff as does everyone here at Munford. We view him as a friend and a fellow competitor. I'm sorry he has to deal with such as you! Good luck to all players and staff in Henryland I look forward to seeing you play in the semi's. That'll be a trip that I'll make!

We have been blessed to have very good to excellent RBs for at least ten years. So I guess the law of averages had to expose that position sooner or later. There is probably a young fellow in or near the mound that will fill the gap. Our O Line has some opportunities also.

When 10-2, and a sweet sisteen playoff appearance is a bad year, its hard to feel real bad. This was the year to beat us early.

Edited by orangemoundwest

Great win Henry County!

Congratulations on a hard fought game. #1 is quite a QB with a tremendous amount of speed. #34 is a load of a tail back, and to be only a sophomore! Those who missed this game missed a dandy. No, Melrose couldn't run, but I told you that Toney and those WR's are phenomenal. Just think, Toney is a sophomore and the WR's are juniors. Remember my comparison of #2 to Steve Smith and #13 to Anthony 'AC' Carter? Man ... kicking to #13 can be hazardous to the opposing team!

TraderB, OMW, OMN, and Melrose58, and anybody else interested. I think Melrose made a fatal mistake in this game on defense. It wasn't the scheme. The scheme is fine. The Henry County offense is tremendous. It was the decision to play #7, Antonio Harper ... hurt. He pulled his hamstring the game before against Hardin County. I could tell as soon as I walked up to the fence that he was playing at about 60%, if that. He couldn't run, therefore he was late getting to the hole to stop #34. He was limping the whole game. I know he is the defensive leader on the field, but he should have just sat on the side line and encouraged #15 or whoever to play his spot. I stood there all night and watched him limp from sideline to sideline missing tackles because his pulled hammey wouldn't allow him to run to get there. The coaches should have sat him. It's not like this is his last year, he's a jr. Playing on a pulled hamstring only makes things worse and it hurt the team. He's got a truckload of guts and a very high threshold for pain, I can say that. It's so blatently obvious that the 'D' revolves around him. I guess the Melrose coaches figured that a #7 @ 60% or worse was there best chance to stop Henry County. It was obvious during the 3rd quarter he was getting worse and worse and he couldn't fill the hole properly.

Good season Melrose, great game Henry County.

OMW, My goodness ... they will even better next year!

#57, I saw you on the field buddy ... you had a great game as well!