Ravenwood @ Antioch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you all are playing Antioch a little too cheap. True, they are a very inconsistent bunch and their offense can be anemic at times, but I have said it all year, they have some great athletes out there and they are starting to buy into Woodward's system. They have some guys that can run on D and Utley could play MIKE for anyone. For Raptor fans who saw Smyrna, Antioch has MORE DEFENSIVE Talent than the Bulldogs. Now, I like Ravenwood's intangibles in this game, but they need to jump on Antioch early. If the Bears hang around, those superior athletes they have can make a play. These teams know each other well. The school zones are seperated by Nolensville Road and the county line, the coaching staffs are "related", and some of the kids know each other. I think this will be a great game to attend.

Ravenwood 23

Antioch 19

If we lose...it's expected. If we win,, it's because the other team had a bad night or didn't play their best. When if ever is Antioch going to get any type of respect? Is it possible for us to win because we were the better team? Are we entitled to use the excuse of "having a bad night" to justify a lost and not be verbally lashed by it? Why not give credit where credit is due? If someone could answer these questions for me, I would most certainly appreciate it.

If we lose...it's expected. If we win,, it's because the other team had a bad night or didn't play their best. When if ever is Antioch going to get any type of respect? Is it possible for us to win because we were the better team? Are we entitled to use the excuse of "having a bad night" to justify a lost and not be verbally lashed by it? Why not give credit where credit is due? If someone could answer these questions for me, I would most certainly appreciate it.

Respect is earned. If you win you beat Ravenwood, if you lose they beat you in my mind. Throw all excuses out. Excuses are just that, excuses. I think the rap Antioh gets is that with what is perceived to be above average talent, they have underacheived in the playoffs recently. I think back a couple years to the Centennial loss with Coker and Brown. That perception is what Antioch supporters will fight. Win and then ignore what everyone thinks.

dont worry about that they people saying that are dickson county fans... u dont see riverdale fans saying that, if u saw that then u no u were getting no respect... anyways ill throw my pick out there...

RHS 25

AHS 19

Antioch's win over Dickson County was not the type of victory that would warrant me to think they can beat Ravenwood.

It is entirely possible that Ravenwood may suffer as many turnovers in this upcoming game against Antioch as Dickson County did. If that occurs they may meet with the same fate. I believe Ravenwood's offensive attack will neutralize Antioch's defense and keep them on their heels a little bit. Defensively Ravenwood will limit Antioch's scoring just as Dickson County did. I look for Ravenwood to win.

Look, I've got no dog in this hunt and don't care who wins, but those turnovers you talk about weren't just open field drops. They were created by Antioch's defense. I just went to see a good game and got my money's worth. Yes, Ravenwood's defense may give Antioch trouble, but Antioch's mike backer and those two defensive ends are going to give Becker fits. Antioch's defense might just limit Ravenwood more than the other way around. Both of these teams are better than their record and this ought to be a heck of a game. You can't chalk up AHS-DC as "Dickson played poorly". AHS played very well defensively, stoppped Dickson when they had to, caused turnovers (including a great play on the interception in the endzone) and, by the way, it should have been 21-3. It was more lopsided than the score indicated.

Look, I've got no dog in this hunt and don't care who wins, but those turnovers you talk about weren't just open field drops. They were created by Antioch's defense. I just went to see a good game and got my money's worth. Yes, Ravenwood's defense may give Antioch trouble, but Antioch's mike backer and those two defensive ends are going to give Becker fits. Antioch's defense might just limit Ravenwood more than the other way around. Both of these teams are better than their record and this ought to be a heck of a game. You can't chalk up AHS-DC as "Dickson played poorly". AHS played very well defensively, stoppped Dickson when they had to, caused turnovers (including a great play on the interception in the endzone) and, by the way, it should have been 21-3. It was more lopsided than the score indicated.

its over. DC lost, Antioch needs to be talking about Rwood. No excuses here, Antioch simply played better than Dickson. Are they a better team than DC, IMO no. However it's the playoffs, and it doesn't matter. You lose and you go home.

Antioch didn't just "luck into" the position they're in. They beat the team that should have been the Reagion 6 champions. They've proven that they have the talent.

Say what you want about Gallatin being overrated, Ravenwood owned that game. The only touchdown that the defense gave was with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

The one thing that I believe will tip this game one way or the other is who wants it more, and I've seen that all year from this Ravenwood team. They never quit. They just keep coming. They're the best 4 loss team I've seen in a while.

Ravenwood 17

Antioch 13

Antioch didn't just "luck into" the position they're in. They beat the team that should have been the Reagion 6 champions. They've proven that they have the talent.

Say what you want about Gallatin being overrated, Ravenwood owned that game. The only touchdown that the defense gave was with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

The one thing that I believe will tip this game one way or the other is who wants it more, and I've seen that all year from this Ravenwood team. They never quit. They just keep coming. They're the best 4 loss team I've seen in a while.

Ravenwood 17

Antioch 13

I think these may be the two best 4 loss teams anyone's seen in a while. I didn't see the Rwood-Gallatin game, but I can tell you that Antioch owned the game last week. It wasn't as close as the score looked. Dickson made two pushes to the endzone all night. The results were one FG and one interception in the endzone. The rest of the night - nothing. I think this one will be a heck of a game. Turnovers just might be what loses it.

Edited by CoachKerplunk