Jackson Southside vs. Giles County

me4sshs

This game will come down to one simple thing and that is CAN JOSEPH DUNNAVANT BEAT SOUTH SIDE THROWING THE FOOTBALL AGAINST A VERY BAD SECONDARY??????

Henry Co. and Cheatham Co. both hung big numbers on JSS this year because both have excellent offenses that can hurt you both running it and throwing it. South Side is going to come into this one and gear up to stop the run. Heck I would too after I saw the film that their coaches will see of Edgmon carving up Marshall County's defense for 365 yards.

If Edgmon can make some plays receiving the ball, along with guys like Pettus & Cobb, then Giles wins this football game. Their defense will not give up 40+ next week to South Side (#4 Forrest being their main player) GUARANTEED!!!! I've seen Dunnavant throw the ball well at times this year and if he's able to do that next week then the yards will come on the ground for guys like Edgmon and Perez.

I LIKE THE ROAD TEAM TO ADVANCE IN THIS ONE B)

Giles Co.: 35

Jackson South Side: 28

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like South Side had a close one! I think this probably hurts Giles County, because now they won't be able to sneak up and beat an over confident football team. The question is does it help them beat a South Side team that is questioning its invincibility.

Giles County has not looked particularly sharp in their last few game either. All of the little things will show up in this game. You can use all of the football cliches (Whoever makes the fewest mistakes, taking it one game at a time, big time players making big time plays in big games, etc...).

As long as South Side doesn't look ahead to the potential clash with Lipscomb they should have the advantage playing at home. This is what makes the playoffs exciting!

Southside hasn't played against a running back with the skill of Edgmon. If the put all their efforts on him, Dunnavant and Pettis will make them pay. Cobb and Dangerfield bust some heads on defense. BOBCATS WIN !!!!!!!!!!

You are underestimating the intelligence of the South Side Players!!!

Field wetters. Come on guys get real. Actually what it is , SS put thousands of little magnets and mirrors just under the grass, they have a small remote control plane that will fly overhead all during the game. When the visitors have the ball they reverse the magnetic field so players believe they are doing good for their team but in reality they are under hypnosis and will make mistakes. The magnets pull on the metal cleats and slows the players down. When SS has the ball just the opposite happens, it throws the players in to warp speed. Also the plane that will fly overhead, it will turn and cause a 000.00026487 mile an hour wind in the visitors face causing them to under throw and under kick the ball all night. Watch out for the helium footballs and the sharpened spikes and you should do well. Good luck on the way down I've heard they paid the bus driver to bypass Jackson and take you to Memphis. Look, here is some help when you get to a big pyramid on the banks of a river you have gone to far. Game time is 7:00 and they made them take the laughing gas out of the visitors locker room and the fans will not be served the moonshine as requested Thank goodness nothing worse than a bunch of silly FANS making stuff up about how the other team cheats. Doesnt that make you mad. GOOD LUCK.

11-0 Deal with it.

Edited by wad

Yeah, I would like to see some stats from Friday night's game for Giles Co. vs. Bolivar. The Tennesseean usually puts all the stats in the paper on saturday mornings, but nothing for Giles CO. yesterday. Would like to know their passing yards, attempts, etc. I imagine these SS boys are going to work hard this week. Hopefully Cheatham Co. was their wake up call and they will take care of business this Friday night. I don't think what happened this past Friday will happen again next week. Don't count them out just yet. Either team. Work hard, play hard, go South Side!

Yeah, I would like to see some stats from Friday night's game for Giles Co. vs. Bolivar. The Tennesseean usually puts all the stats in the paper on saturday mornings, but nothing for Giles CO. yesterday. Would like to know their passing yards, attempts, etc. I imagine these SS boys are going to work hard this week. Hopefully Cheatham Co. was their wake up call and they will take care of business this Friday night. I don't think what happened this past Friday will happen again next week. Don't count them out just yet. Either team. Work hard, play hard, go South Side!

They mostly ran the ball against Bolivar. per Jacksonsun- 39 carries for 265 yards passing 3-8 51 yards one int. rushing( Dunavant 2-55 yards)(edgmon- 33-1772 td's) passing (dunavent 3-8 51 yards 1td 1 int) Score 27-12

Bolivar ran well on giles 155 yards so you would think SS can move the ball on the ground. I still say South Side will win with the running ball control off. But they won't beat DL if the Defense doesn't get any better.

They mostly ran the ball against Bolivar. per Jacksonsun- 39 carries for 265 yards passing 3-8 51 yards one int. rushing( Dunavant 2-55 yards)(edgmon- 33-1772 td's) passing (dunavent 3-8 51 yards 1td 1 int) Score 27-12

Bolivar ran well on giles 155 yards so you would think SS can move the ball on the ground. I still say South Side will win with the running ball control off. But they won't beat DL if the Defense doesn't get any better.

They might have ran on Bolivar, but you can bet if the coaching staff sees some weaknesses in the secondary of Southside they will be throwing against you guys. Hope you guys get that secondary patched up and are able to pull out the W.

Southside may have to win a shootout, and I believe if it came down to it they would. C.C. and Henry County are the only teams with a great passing game S.S. has faced and those games where both shoot outs. But, they were both victories also.

Let's hope the secondary gets some good practice in this week. Thanks for the stats. I believe in South Side, just hope they believe in themselves. David Lipscomb passed only one time on Friday night. Are they normally a good passing team? What's the deal with them? Good luck Hawks! Fight back!