Jackson Southside vs. Giles County

me4sshs

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, South Side played a great game, but turnovers is what cost them the game. Plain and simple. As for the GC fans....I will have to say they were by far the trashiest fans we have seen this year. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky! But, if the people on here were any indication, we really should've expected that.

Great game South Side players. Great game Giles Co players. You did a great job, both teams. South Side had some stupid mistakes and Giles Co. had some smart plays. That's basically what it came down to.

South Side Fans.......Thanks for being so wonderful all year long. You have tact, loyalty, and above all, you are gracious and and a real "class act."

Until last night, I would not have agreed with you, but when the fans in the stands all around can tell what's going to happen, you would think the coaches would!

Now ....Now....let's don't forget that kids are on here and be a good sport.....and most of all..."Don't Be Bitter!!!!"

I am not from Giles but I am very familiar with SS now for over 12 years...and you have the gall to talk about class. At least the field didn't appear to be soaked. Tacky???? I doubt that GC acted any different than anyone who just made it to the quarterfinals. The Bulldog speaks his mind for himself.....some of your comments sort of sound like ...well...I hate to say it ...but you are a sore loser. Those other SS experts that proclaimed SS would stomp GC are missing in action which is typical...I guess SS78 and big mike must still be "crying"

Basically 99 you are very naive and the coaching edge DID go to GC. You also are a little clueless to what goes on this time of year.

May Giles go all the way!!!!!!!!!

I`d like to add something to this thread. I got to listen to the Giles County coach remarks on a Jackson radio staiton after the game. Giles County should be proud of their coach and the way he handles himself. He was very gracious in victory. In good times or bad times I think GilesCounty should be very supportive of this man to be a positive influence on the young men of Giles County. Football is a lot more than winning games. It`s about developement of character too. From what I heard from the coach it sounds like GC has a very good man at the helm.

Now ....Now....let's don't forget that kids are on here and be a good sport.....and most of all..."Don't Be Bitter!!!!"

I am not from Giles but I am very familiar with SS now for over 12 years...and you have the gall to talk about class. At least the field didn't appear to be soaked. Tacky???? I doubt that GC acted any different than anyone who just made it to the quarterfinals. The Bulldog speaks his mind for himself.....some of your comments sort of sound like ...well...I hate to say it ...but you are a sore loser. Those other SS experts that proclaimed SS would stomp GC are missing in action which is typical...I guess SS78 and big mike must still be "crying"

Basically 99 you are very naive and the coaching edge DID go to GC. You also are a little clueless to what goes on this time of year.

May Giles go all the way!!!!!!!!!

Actually you are naive. But a sore loser I'm not. I was very proud of our team. We have nothing to be sore about. I agree with you, the coaching edge did go to GC. Coaching wise, I take nothing away from them. They did their homework and it showed....No one, most especially me, is arguing that. Nor am I bitter. Again, its a class issue.....you have none.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826246394' date='Nov 11 2006 - 08:26 PM']

I`d like to add something to this thread. I got to listen to the Giles County coach remarks on a Jackson radio staiton after the game. Giles County should be proud of their coach and the way he handles himself. He was very gracious in victory. In good times or bad times I think GilesCounty should be very supportive of this man to be a positive influence on the young men of Giles County. Football is a lot more than winning games. It`s about developement of character too. From what I heard from the coach it sounds like GC has a very good man at the helm.

Yes, I heard those comments as well and I agree with you. HE is a class act. Hopefully GC will realize what they have and not run him off. I also take nothing away from their TEAM. The kids played a smart game. I give credit to our players. They played hard and to those who made mistakes, they are beating themselves up right now. To those who didn't and played a hard fought game, especially a few of the defensive players who made sure this week they couldn't be totallly to blame, my hat is off to all of you! Great job South Side. You should be proud! Big Mke and South Side fan, keep supporting your team.

Actually you are naive. But a sore loser I'm not. I was very proud of our team. We have nothing to be sore about. I agree with you, the coaching edge did go to GC. Coaching wise, I take nothing away from them. They did their homework and it showed....No one, most especially me, is arguing that. Nor am I bitter. Again, its a class issue.....you have none.

Yes, I heard those comments as well and I agree with you. HE is a class act. Hopefully GC will realize what they have and not run him off. I also take nothing away from their TEAM. The kids played a smart game. I give credit to our players. They played hard and to those who made mistakes, they are beating themselves up right now. To those who didn't and played a hard fought game, especially a few of the defensive players who made sure this week they couldn't be totallly to blame, my hat is off to all of you! Great job South Side. You should be proud! Big Mke and South Side fan, keep supporting your team.

Now ......now...there you go again with that "bitter" thing again. You got on here in Aug...I have been posting on here over 5 yrs now.....you are still clueless. When you tell ssfan and bigmike to support their team. There is nothing wrong with exchanging a few "barbs" back and forth....but to tell them to continue to support their team and chastise me is a double standard and could also be construed as classless. Any way, enjoy basketball now

Thank you to both of you for your kind remarks regarding our coaching staff and players. We're very proud of them. It should be noted that your players handled defeat in a very respectful and sportsmanship manner. As you mentioned character - it is found that the truest reflection of character is in coping and adjusting to hardships. Your team, fans, and coaches are to be commended - - any team losing in the playoffs is not a pleasant experience, even the first loss of the season. However, your hospitality and sportsmanship was well noted, appreciated, and respected.

If we had any of our young (or old) fans disrespectful, please accept apologies.

Great job Bobcats!

The unsung heroes of the night. The Giles County Band, Cheerleaders and fans ............. what a turn out in Jackson - - three hours away. The Bobcats may have found a new home field away from home.

Great job fans ....... turning a visiting game - into our "homefield" advantage!

Loud, visable, active with their game face on! Great job fans!

Now .......... lets get ready for another home game at the BRICKYARD!

Congradulations on your big win..... however, you have to travel to Lipscomb for your last game.

south side is not overrated at all they are darn good and better than giles co. But, the fact is playoff football is not about who is the best, but who is playin the best on that given night and it sounds as if giles was the team that played the best.

The Giles County players that I know ......... said this team was as hard hitting as Lipscomb and the best team they had played, other than Lipscomb. No Giles County players will believe Southside was overrated. It took their best TEAM effort of the year to win.

No disrespect on this end from anyone..........that knows anything about football.

I must say, South Side played a great game, but turnovers is what cost them the game. Plain and simple. As for the GC fans....I will have to say they were by far the trashiest fans we have seen this year. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky! But, if the people on here were any indication, we really should've expected that.

Great game South Side players. Great game Giles Co players. You did a great job, both teams. South Side had some stupid mistakes and Giles Co. had some smart plays. That's basically what it came down to.

South Side Fans.......Thanks for being so wonderful all year long. You have tact, loyalty, and above all, you are gracious and and a real "class act."

That is by far the "trashiest" post i've ever seen. The GC fans are supportive, loyal, and proud of their bobcats. If that offends you so be it. What I find "tacky"

is exiting the stadium when your home team is losing their first of twelve games. Those kids deserve more than that. Loyalty???? I don't think so... If it is trashy and tacky to cheer your team you can always listen to the radio broadcast and avoid the trash. :thumb:

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826246394' date='Nov 11 2006 - 08:26 PM']

I THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMENT - THE COACH DOES SEEM TO BE BUILDING CHARACTER AMONG HIS PLAYERS - BUT I WILL SAY THE SENIOR CLASS OF SOUTH SIDE IS A VERY MATURE GROUP OF STUDENTS AND PLAYERS AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS THIS YEAR