Tenn High @ Mo' West

THSVikings2004

We made no comparisons. The '05 and 06 seniors made the comparisons. We came out against the 05 senior for an ill-timed, too emotional post. We came out against the 06 senior for a post that was strictly malicious and made no mention of anything else. We thought it would be deleted according to the website rules. 3 full days later it is still there so we decided to post at that point. We would have never posted had it been deleted. We thought that a 06 senior ripping an 05 senior was an emotional response that was un-called for. We did not misinterpret his words, they speak for themselves. We agree that he played well and so did the whole team,[sophomores, juniors and seniors]. Viking Voice did not address this. We like what another poster said: players should not post after a game[too emotional]-if they do and post a strictly inflammatory post then they have to take the heat too. Recent comparisons of teams is a waste of time and energy and we feel that to do it in public with anger is even worse. We're adding a little and leaving some out but also would like to add that it is about the whole team[4th thru 1st string each pushing the other] and not just the seniors. We realize that the 1st poster was too emotional but the reply post was mean and entirely personal. Since it was against a former teammate [apparently an 05 senior] we found it strange and not a good example for the younger players. Up until that time 06 had proven himself to be a leader but in this case his emotions got the best of him. A good rule if it was possible would be to not allow players to post for 3 days after the game or recent grads because they are too emotional. We understand that he suffered injury and a tough loss and hope it all does not lead to worse but it still didn't justify the personal rant against a former teammate.

I'm still trying to find the post that you claim is too emotional and ill timed. I thought Danny's response was justifiable considering the other poster called other Viking supporters fools. The previous poster showed his lack of support and coherence when he attacked this team.

Leectn, Morristown West never fails to amaze me. They always have tough, determined players and a large group of fans and parents with class.

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally read threads like this and just watch everyone self immolate.

In this case, I feel compelled to offer MHO on several issues.

Players Posting (particularly right after a game)

Not wise. And if they do they need to be prepared to take the heat and not pout up.

The Rest of the MLC

Hoping the pouting returning Viking players do transer to VHS or Powell Valley.

Recent Team Comparisons

Emotionally draining and a waste of time.

Example - my sophomore RB would have been a whole lot better than the current senior RB. How can you ever really make that comparison?

Each Season is a Treasure

Each Team has its own personality. Each senior class has its own personality.

The Viking seniors and team had an outstanding season. In fact, I think this may be Coach Stubb's best coaching job at THS. IMHO the Viking players overachieved this year.

Regain Sanity and Calibration

Please do not mention any recent Viking team, DB team, etc, in the same breath as the Viking teams of the early '70's. Lest we forget, a sophomore based team finished 2nd in the state, a junior based team finished first, and a senior laden team finished first in the state and the nation.

Just my thoughts.

Great post- the phrase viking pride was born in those days but it meant something different then. Now it is over used and abused. All to often it is used to attack now. It's a shame to see how it has deterioated.