Tenn High @ Mo' West

THSVikings2004

:o Any one who thinks this years Viking team is better than last years is a fool. Last years team played against teams with more depth than this years. This years team had easy opposition. Oh and 30-0 speaks for itself....

Old Vike, this does not sound like an induvidual disgruntled over an outcome, it sounds like an ignorant, pethetic induvidual who tried to compare teams when there is no reason for it. No one was even talking about the 05 team and vikingpride4life felt that he had the need to show his displeasure in a uncalled for fasion. Old Vike and vikingpride4life need to go back to their shantys.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Give me a break!!....Let's see.. 2005 record was 8-4 and 2006 record was 9-3. 2 of the games THS lost this year SHOULD have been won and we SHOULD have had a good chance against Mo-West.

The team this year was a HECK of a lot better than last years!!!! I saw extreme effort and emotion from this team all year. Last year if they lost or thought they would loose it was "Oh well!"..this year, it was "I think we can win!". The senior class this year did a heck of a job with leadership and keeping everything going, no matter what the result.

Also, this year they had to play like a football team. It wasn't "Let's get the ball to Shaud and everything will be okay". They all played and they all played hard.

This years team compared a WHOLE lot more to the '04 team than last years team.

For all you stone throwers out there. Isn't the now former player doing the same thing you're accusing 4life of doing? Sure looks like it from the 2nd paragraph to the end.

Old Vike I do not think you understand what our quarterback is trying to say. VikingPride4life has absolutely no viking pride and no reason to make the comment that he did. He tried to compare Viking teams which is un called for. Danny is standing up for the team that put is heart and soul out there for week in and week out and was probably one of the most athletic quarterbacks to come through our school. Old Vike I think that it is you that should grow up and realize that Danny has more Viking Pride than you will ever have. It doesnt matter when you played u r a Viking like all the rest of us and should not make such brutal comments to current vikings instead you should congragulate them on a fine season. You have steeped very low Old Vike and should apoligize for such a ridiculous, unthoughtful comment to a fine quarterback and young man.

Since the original poster posted the next morning after the game and mentioned the game specifically we assumed he was disappointed with the game. He was not derogatory, he merely expressed an opinion as to which team was better. If he was not a fan he would have said nothing. His comments were ill-timed,[teams will be compared, that's just a fact of life], over emotional and not nessesarilly agreed with. He should have waited to calm down before he posted. However the respose he got was extremely derogatory personally and made no sense. We saw a post that was meanspirited and made no other point. He made no defense of the team at all. Both posters should have waited till they had a chance to calm down before posting. The reply post was just too mean. We have never defended the original poster but this or any other place is not the place for a post that is entirely and personally derogatory.

Guys thanks for comin on here and taking up for me, that is well appreciated! But yea it looks like since I posted one comment that some old guy didn't agree with I am considering the transfer of schools. I just wish that you all will look at me the same after all I was doing was taking up for my own team. Man I'm sorry guys...NOT!!! And if one comment loses respect from you guys after all I have done this year for my team and trying to support my team, then I never had any respect from you guys anyway and to tell you the truth I don't care if you don't respect me. And it sounds like if all you guys have to do is sit on here and find old posts then nominate someone to register an account so they can get on here and bash me??? Get a hobby or a job or something to take up your spare time. And as for my sins??? That was an ignorant statement, I must not have gotten to the part of the Bible yet where the Lord says not to say someone is sad because of the name they use on coachT. As what do I do? Well I am a player I play the game the way I have been coached. I do what I can to make my team the best and Im sorry, but its not money, enthusiasm, or "rooting" that wins football games, it is "players making plays."(As I have been coached) And yea I have made plays this year. As for the other players not approving, personally I'm just happy that more in state players and even out of state players know who I am!!! VIKING PRIDE BABY!!!!!!

Danny, the original poster was probably just disappointed about the game. He made no derogatory comments about the team, he simply expressed an opinion on which team was better. He made a point about the game and a comparison. Should he have waited for a few days to calm down before deciding to post? Yes of course he should have! We have never defended his post. Too emotional, untimely, and not necesarily agreed with. You and the rest of the seniors were part of the teams that he compared and should be taking great pride in that. It is not a 1yr. deal. It's all of ya all the time that you are there. It takes everybody putting out max effort all the time to make a great team! All of ya[seniors] are and were a part of that. By the way, we had great respect for the team and you as we do every year. We simply did not see a defense of the team in the comments. We saw an attack personally on a former player that was entirely personal and made no sense. Comparisons will occur and this is a part of life. We did not see that his post was intentionally demeaning. He posted the next morning and was probably too emotional and it was the wrong place and time, but not derogatory. If we misinterpreted your comments we regret that but that would have been hard to do given the actual comments. We can defend this years team by talking about the fact that you all outhit Johnson city and although they spent the 4th quarter at your goaline and still kept them out of the endzone to win the game. You all played the no.1 team Kingsport to a stand still for 2 and a half quarters. Very inspiring. After south and a bunch of injuries you won every game thru to the game with morristown. If not for an injury to yourself and untimely penalties you could have won that game too. Asit was the team continued to fight and drove the ball deep into morristown territory at least 4 times if not 5 or 6 times. Very inspiring not to mention that you still tried to play even though you were in la la land. This is how you defend your team, not by making false derogatory entirely personal comments against former players. We've read your most recent post and if we misinterpreted your comments we regret that, but also say that attacks on former Vikes is absoulutely no good and does not symblize Viking pride. That goes for the original poster also. We now believe both of you were simply too emotional to be posting. Good luck to all of ya.

Danny, the original poster was probably just disappointed about the game. He made no derogatory comments about the team, he simply expressed an opinion on which team was better. He made a point about the game and a comparison. Should he have waited for a few days to calm down before deciding to post? Yes of course he should have! We have never defended his post. Too emotional, untimely, and not necesarily agreed with. You and the rest of the seniors were part of the teams that he compared and should be taking great pride in that. It is not a 1yr. deal. It's all of ya all the time that you are there. It takes everybody putting out max effort all the time to make a great team! All of ya[seniors] are and were a part of that. By the way, we had great respect for the team and you as we do every year. We simply did not see a defense of the team in the comments. We saw an attack personally on a former player that was entirely personal and made no sense. Comparisons will occur and this is a part of life. We did not see that his post was intentionally demeaning. He posted the next morning and was probably too emotional and it was the wrong place and time, but not derogatory. If we misinterpreted your comments we regret that but that would have been hard to do given the actual comments. We can defend this years team by talking about the fact that you all outhit Johnson city and although they spent the 4th quarter at your goaline and still kept them out of the endzone to win the game. You all played the no.1 team Kingsport to a stand still for 2 and a half quarters. Very inspiring. After south and a bunch of injuries you won every game thru to the game with morristown. If not for an injury to yourself and untimely penalties you could have won that game too. Asit was the team continued to fight and drove the ball deep into morristown territory at least 4 times if not 5 or 6 times. Very inspiring not to mention that you still tried to play even though you were in la la land. This is how you defend your team, not by making false derogatory entirely personal comments against former players. We've read your most recent post and if we misinterpreted your comments we regret that, but also say that attacks on former Vikes is absoulutely no good and does not symblize Viking pride. That goes for the original poster also. We now believe both of you were simply too emotional to be posting. Good luck to all of ya.

Hmm seems to me that some of your earlier posted comments towards me were false derogatory entirely personal comments against aformer player. So unless you are being hypocritical, you can't say you have any VIKING PRIDE left either. I mean the things brought against me were 10x more personal and derogitory, (most of which were ignorant) And you say I have no VP because of the false, derogatory, and personal comments I left, well I guess that means you don't either! But yea thanks for comin back on here and tryin to settle things down by trying to say you misinterpreted my words. I am a Viking, I have Viking Pride, and I love everything about my team and the work I put into it. Thats all that matters and you have nothing to back up your statement as no one else disagrees with my comments except for the make believe people you say lost respect for me and I should move schools. "Attacks on former Vikes is absoulutely no good and does not symblize Viking pride" OldVike said. Well looky right there he is on here attacking former Viking players I guess you jus lost all of your Viking Pride too. Get in touch with me and maybe we can move together as we are both former Vikings with no VP! Now that that is over with I hope you whoever you are will get off my case and get over the fact he thought he was better than we were and well guess what they weren't. We are the best team I have ever played for in my eyes, better than any team that has touched the Castle's grass. Why is that? Because I poored my blood, sweat, tears, and sometimes conciousness into this team along with the friends and teamates I love. Why were we the best team? Because I along with 21 of my other friends and teammates played on it. Because this was my Viking experience and to me... It was the best team! So thanks to all of you 06' Vikings for one heck of a year. THe best team to ever pass through THS (to me!!!) OldVike let the bashings go and go on with your VP I am a Viking you are a Viking we both have VIKING PRIDE! Let it go!

And HouseofTroy- Thanks alot man. I really appreciate it. I was really sad the next morning I woke up and realized I had not played. I have NO recolection of anything that went on Friday night. Not warm-ups all the way to the bus ride home. I have seen the hit and all I gotta say is WOW! He is a ball player, kinda led helmet to helmet, but it was still a blow! Good luck to ya!

Edited by JusAplaya

old vike is a fool and has no business on this thread or really any other. Same goes for his lil buddy who he worships and praises just so much. Either your the same guy who left the initial post about the 05 team being better w/ a dif. name, or your off your med's. You have no Viking Pride @ all, your posts were ignorant and had no logic, to say the more. Dont leave another response, looking for somethin positive because no one agrees with you. Its that simple, occupy your time elsewhere.

First things first. Congrats to Mo'Town West. You all brought the heat for real! You are a great team and have a great program. Good luck. It would tickle me to death for you all to beat the Canes, lay the s-a-mackdown on Maryville and go on to win the state title. If we gotta get beat in the playoffs, I would just as soon get beat by the state champs.

Next, I see a lot of Viking Pride on this thread and I see a lot of "team of whatever year" pride. That's not all bad. But maybe we should keep the comparisons to our private conversations and not air it out on the web. Pride and respect are very closely related. After all, a Viking is a Viking no matter the year. It's all maroon and white.

I have had the priviledge to follow Viking football pretty closely for the past five seasons and I have heard many stories about teams from past years and eras even. Something that is evident in all of it is Viking Pride. In doing what I do, I have the opportunity to get to know a lot of the players and their families. I am asked frequently by other people around town to compare teams year to year. Out of respect for every player and every team, I try not to do that. It's not a fair comparison, because each season is different, each game is different, each team we face is different, each situation is different. The pigskin is a funny shaped ball and you never know how it is going to bounce. Bottom line, each player is special and every Viking team is special to me for a different reason. I love the kids I've followed for the past five years and this program to much to make irrelevant comparisons.

To the 2006 Vikings, thank you for allowing me to have a lot of fun on Friday nights. I will never forget the way you fought each and every week. If I get to calling names I'm afraid I might leave somebody out. But I do want thank all the players who made plays and there were a lot of them. Thank you for giving me something to holler about.

I will say that going into the season, I didn't know a whole lot about our quarterback and I thought there were two good ones from the '04 & '05 teams that he would be following. It didn't take Danny Thomas long to show me and the rest of the Viking fans that he too was a good quarterback. I've seen the kid take hit after hit, not thinking he was going to get up and time after time he did. He layed it on the line and played with a lot of heart each and every week. Make no mistake, he played the game and represented his school and our town in a way that would make a Viking from any era proud.

Thanks again team of '06 and to the '07 team I've got two words for ya...YOUR NEXT!

See you week 0 in the Castle for kickoff against the Indians.

First things first. Congrats to Mo'Town West. You all brought the heat for real! You are a great team and have a great program. Good luck. It would tickle me to death for you all to beat the Canes, lay the s-a-mackdown on Maryville and go on to win the state title. If we gotta get beat in the playoffs, I would just as soon get beat by the state champs.

Next, I see a lot of Viking Pride on this thread and I see a lot of "team of whatever year" pride. That's not all bad. But maybe we should keep the comparisons to our private conversations and not air it out on the web. Pride and respect are very closely related. After all, a Viking is a Viking no matter the year. It's all maroon and white.

I have had the priviledge to follow Viking football pretty closely for the past five seasons and I have heard many stories about teams from past years and eras even. Something that is evident in all of it is Viking Pride. In doing what I do, I have the opportunity to get to know a lot of the players and their families. I am asked frequently by other people around town to compare teams year to year. Out of respect for every player and every team, I try not to do that. It's not a fair comparison, because each season is different, each game is different, each team we face is different, each situation is different. The pigskin is a funny shaped ball and you never know how it is going to bounce. Bottom line, each player is special and every Viking team is special to me for a different reason. I love the kids I've followed for the past five years and this program to much to make irrelevant comparisons.

To the 2006 Vikings, thank you for allowing me to have a lot of fun on Friday nights. I will never forget the way you fought each and every week. If I get to calling names I'm afraid I might leave somebody out. But I do want thank all the players who made plays and there were a lot of them. Thank you for giving me something to holler about.

I will say that going into the season, I didn't know a whole lot about our quarterback and I thought there were two good ones from the '04 & '05 teams that he would be following. It didn't take Danny Thomas long to show me and the rest of the Viking fans that he too was a good quarterback. I've seen the kid take hit after hit, not thinking he was going to get up and time after time he did. He layed it on the line and played with a lot of heart each and every week. Make no mistake, he played the game and represented his school and our town in a way that would make a Viking from any era proud.

Thanks again team of '06 and to the '07 team I've got two words for ya...YOUR NEXT!

Very much appreciated!!!

I normally read threads like this and just watch everyone self immolate.

In this case, I feel compelled to offer MHO on several issues.

Players Posting (particularly right after a game)

Not wise. And if they do they need to be prepared to take the heat and not pout up.

The Rest of the MLC

Hoping the pouting returning Viking players do transer to VHS or Powell Valley.

Recent Team Comparisons

Emotionally draining and a waste of time.

Example - my sophomore RB would have been a whole lot better than the current senior RB. How can you ever really make that comparison?

Each Season is a Treasure

Each Team has its own personality. Each senior class has its own personality.

The Viking seniors and team had an outstanding season. In fact, I think this may be Coach Stubb's best coaching job at THS. IMHO the Viking players overachieved this year.

Regain Sanity and Calibration

Please do not mention any recent Viking team, DB team, etc, in the same breath as the Viking teams of the early '70's. Lest we forget, a sophomore based team finished 2nd in the state, a junior based team finished first, and a senior laden team finished first in the state and the nation.

Just my thoughts.

As always...very well stated V-Voice...and also i would second everything said in this qoute,AND by my very close friend DT #10.

and to Old Vike....What he Said!!!

As a Morristown West fan (and player parent), I would like to say congrats to the Vikings. Your team speed was amazing and your are a very physical team. I was also impressed with the sophomore QB. I know that you could not run your entire playbook, but I felt he did an outstanding job.

I am glad Danny is not permanently hurt and hope he has a chance at the next level, if he is a senior. If he will be a senior, then good luck on your senior year.

I have looked at the stats on your conference web site and was surprised to see that TN High led in many categories (just because of the hype surrounding Sullivan South)--no disrespect intended, but I expected the top team to lead in more categories.

I think you had one of the better offenses we have faced and it was amazing to see the Vikings move the ball all night. I for one did not expect to keep you out of the zone, but am proud of the Trojan D. Also, I think your defense did an outstanding job. If it were not for Greenlee's speed we would have had a lot more trouble moving the ball and scoring.

Anyway, great game and good luck next year.

As always...very well stated V-Voice...and also i would second everything said in this qoute,AND by my very close friend DT #10.

and to Old Vike....What he Said!!!

We made no comparisons. The '05 and 06 seniors made the comparisons. We came out against the 05 senior for an ill-timed, too emotional post. We came out against the 06 senior for a post that was strictly malicious and made no mention of anything else. We thought it would be deleted according to the website rules. 3 full days later it is still there so we decided to post at that point. We would have never posted had it been deleted. We thought that a 06 senior ripping an 05 senior was an emotional response that was un-called for. We did not misinterpret his words, they speak for themselves. We agree that he played well and so did the whole team,[sophomores, juniors and seniors]. Viking Voice did not address this. We like what another poster said: players should not post after a game[too emotional]-if they do and post a strictly inflammatory post then they have to take the heat too. Recent comparisons of teams is a waste of time and energy and we feel that to do it in public with anger is even worse. We're adding a little and leaving some out but also would like to add that it is about the whole team[4th thru 1st string each pushing the other] and not just the seniors. We realize that the 1st poster was too emotional but the reply post was mean and entirely personal. Since it was against a former teammate [apparently an 05 senior] we found it strange and not a good example for the younger players. Up until that time 06 had proven himself to be a leader but in this case his emotions got the best of him. A good rule if it was possible would be to not allow players to post for 3 days after the game or recent grads because they are too emotional. We understand that he suffered injury and a tough loss and hope it all does not lead to worse but it still didn't justify the personal rant against a former teammate.