Tenn High @ Mo' West

THSVikings2004

The Trojan Nation has the utmost repect for the program at Tennessee High. We understand the level of success that the Vikings have year in and year out. Some of us still remember the old Big 7 Conference (Morristown, Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City, Elizabethton, Erwin, & Greeneville for you youngsters). TN High was always strong then and is always one of the top teams out of Region 1 now. We know the Trojans will have to bring their "A" game to get by the Vikings. Here's hoping for a great game, a great atmosphere, and a great Friday night.

Good Luck to both teams but I'll be pulling for the Trojans.

Edited by House of Troy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trojan Nation has the utmost repect for the program at Tennessee High. We understand the level of success that the Vikings have year in and year out. Some of us still remember the old Big 7 Conference (Morristown, Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City, Elizabethton, & Erwin for you youngsters). TN High was always strong then and is always one of the top teams out of Region 1 now. We know the Trojans will have to bring their "A" game to get by the Vikings. Here's hoping for a great game, a great atmosphere, and a great Friday night.

Good Luck to both teams but I'll be pulling for the Trojans.

Well said! :lol:

According to the TSSAA, Friday night will mark the sixth time that two of the premier 4A football programs in east TN have met in the playoffs since 2000. In fact, Tennessee High is the one program that West has faced more times than any other in the playoffs. The Trojans lead the series 4-1 and, excepting the '03 game, not one of the four other games can really be called lop-sided or blow-outs. This Friday should be no different. West 27 Tennessee High 14

ROLL TROJANS

This match up is starting to seem like an annual event. Tennessee and Mo West somewhere in the playoffs. I have only seen West one time this year, and I was very impressed. Big, strong, fast, and physical is the way I would describe them. I have had the chance to see Tennessee High several times this year, and they to are a good football team. I do not think they match up well with Mo West. South got physical with the Vikings and the Vikings did not respond well. West will be more physical than South. I look for West to dominate the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball. If Tennessee is intimidated by the bigger faster Trojans it could become very ugly. The bottom line is this someone is finished after Friday night. Vikings the South Rebels would love to see you again in Death Valley but....

Mo West 31

Tennessee High 13

Good Luck to Both

This match up is starting to seem like an annual event. Tennessee and Mo West somewhere in the playoffs. I have only seen West one time this year, and I was very impressed. Big, strong, fast, and physical is the way I would describe them. I have had the chance to see Tennessee High several times this year, and they to are a good football team. I do not think they match up well with Mo West. South got physical with the Vikings and the Vikings did not respond well. West will be more physical than South. I look for West to dominate the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball. If Tennessee is intimidated by the bigger faster Trojans it could become very ugly. The bottom line is this someone is finished after Friday night. Vikings the South Rebels would love to see you again in Death Valley but....

Mo West 31

Tennessee High 13

Good Luck to Both

First of all....Tennessee High lost 4 or 5 starters to injury after the D-B game (Which was right before the South game). So, they were not playing to their full potential against South. And, unlike MoWest we play with what we've got...we don't have 100+ players on the team.

Anyways, Since then, the Vikings have been building back confidence and strength, and so far they haven't disappointed anyone.

Now, the Central and East games were "bounce back" games for us - Following the South game. We slowly got players back and got back in our groove. And, I do believe the team is back where they should be, the team I watched defeat Science Hill.

Sullivan South kind of had the same story going, except they were lucky and played D-B toward the beginning of the season, so now they are coming on strong (and had already bounced back when they came to play us).

Tennessee High respects Mo-West the same as Mo-West respects Tennessee High.

May the Vikings win this friday...

VIKING PRIDE BABY!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Edited by athlete269

First of all....Tennessee High lost 4 or 5 starters to injury after the D-B game (Which was right before the South game). So, they were not playing to their full potential against South. And, unlike MoWest we play with what we've got...we don't have 100+ players on the team.

Anyways, Since then, the Vikings have been building back confidence and strength, and so far they haven't disappointed anyone.

Now, the Central and East games were "bounce back" games for us - Following the South game. We slowly got players back and got back in our groove. And, I do believe the team is back where they should be, the team I watched defeat Science Hill.

Sullivan South kind of had the same story going, except they were lucky and played D-B toward the beginning of the season, so now they are coming on strong (and had already bounced back when they came to play us).

Tennessee High respects Mo-West the same as Mo-West respects Tennessee High.

May the Vikings win this friday...

VIKING PRIDE BABY!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Mo-West plays with what they "got" also, there just happens to be 100+, of course in a normal game they only use 50+ of them. :thumb: The other 50+ get to play in the 3rd & 4th quarter but this week against a strong good TN High team the 2nd 50+ won't see the field, it won't be a blow out either way.

Edited by House of Troy

Mo. West is to fast and to physical for Tenn. High. It will be a great game but I think Mo. West Will win it.

Mo. West- 28

Tn. High- 14

Mo. West is to fast and to physical for Tenn. High.

Boy is he in for a suprise :thumb:

Should be a real PHYSICAL game.

VIKES 20

MoWest 14

And how does MoWest NOT play with what they've got?

He means we don,t GOT a 100+

I stated how I think this game will go early in the thread. I stand by this. I will say that when South played West in the 'quarters last year that we came to understand that to beat a team such as this one must play a different kind of ball game. Not change the game plan or institute garbage offense just a mentality. Their 100+ numbers are daunting...to the uninitiated. If THS is not intimidated by the "platooning" effect then the field will be even. Anyone who witnessed the THS/DB game knows Bristol can bring it. THS has one issue. It is not position, ability, or coaching. It is attitude. They gave up against DB. They fought South through the 3rd Q. Then they gave up. If they play 4 quarters of football the way they know how to play...then yes, TSH will win. All due respect to the Mighty Trojans, THS is not a new boy here. I believe they will play 4 quarters.