Tenn High @ Mo' West

THSVikings2004

But TN High has the same people playing all 4 quarters. I think TN High will give them a run for their money but in the end I think TN High will get wore down by fresher athletes, like everybody else around here does. The only hope is to play lights out football for 4 quarters AND utilize your speed advantage, because in my opinion TH is a good deal faster than MoWest. Good luck.

MoWest 28 TH 17.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stated how I think this game will go early in the thread. I stand by this. I will say that when South played West in the 'quarters last year that we came to understand that to beat a team such as this one must play a different kind of ball game. Not change the game plan or institute garbage offense just a mentality. Their 100+ numbers are daunting...to the uninitiated. If THS is not intimidated by the "platooning" effect then the field will be even. Anyone who witnessed the THS/DB game knows Bristol can bring it. THS has one issue. It is not position, ability, or coaching. It is attitude. They gave up against DB. They fought South through the 3rd Q. Then they gave up. If they play 4 quarters of football the way they know how to play...then yes, TSH will win. All due respect to the Mighty Trojans, THS is not a new boy here. I believe they will play 4 quarters.

Gave up..might not be the correct discription of the the DB game more like(the harder you try the behinder you get)might be better :lol: . and the south game the long TD pass and run in the 4th did take the wind out of there sails i will admit.

No disrespect intended :lol:

All time series is:

Mo-West - 4

THS - 1

Mo-West adds another W to that total tomorrow night, along with sending Bristol home turning in equipment thinking "dang those Mo'town boys can play ball", "wish I woulda coulda".. Someone mentioned this series was becoming a rivalry. To reach that status, the series has to be a tad more competitive. West is to good on all facets of the game. Everyone enjoy the game at Carson Newman. I'll be in Sullivan Co. with my Canes, hoping the whole time that this time next week we are getting ready for the biggest East .vs. West game ever...

Mo. West is to fast and to physical for Tenn. High.

Boy is he in for a suprise :thumb:

Should be a real PHYSICAL game.

VIKES 20

MoWest 14

And how does MoWest NOT play with what they've got?

He means we don,t GOT a 100+

Im not doubting that Tennessee High is good team. They're a GREAT team, but its hard to play a team that has the ability and the size to be 5A. Tn. High has one first team Offense and one First Team Defense. Mo. West has a fresh squad on both sides of the ball every drive. It's hard to play a team that size. It should be a physical game. Good luck Tn. High. Get up early and dont get down.

All time series is:

Mo-West - 4

THS - 1

Mo-West adds another W to that total tomorrow night, along with sending Bristol home turning in equipment thinking "dang those Mo'town boys can play ball", "wish I woulda coulda".. Someone mentioned this series was becoming a rivalry. To reach that status, the series has to be a tad more competitive. West is to good on all facets of the game. Everyone enjoy the game at Carson Newman. I'll be in Sullivan Co. with my Canes, hoping the whole time that this time next week we are getting ready for the biggest East .vs. West game ever...

I believe after you return from Sullivan County Friday night you and your Canes will be saying, "dang those South boys can play ball," wisha I woulda coulda" I expect Mo West to beat THS, but don't count your chickens before they hatc with an East/West rematch. The East boys are in for a rude awakening tonight.

For the Viking fans that have never been to Carson-Newman here are some directions.

1. Take Exit 417 off I40 West.

2. Go right on HWY 92 towards Jeff City

3. When you come to the traffic light at the Jefferson City Community Center (on the left side of HWY 92) take a right, onto George St. I believe its the 2nd traffic light after you get off the Interstate. about 4~5 miles.

4. follow George St. acrossed 11E it will end at College St., take a right

5. You will see the Football Stadium ahead of you.

Hope this helps and have a safe trip

Oh boy, the four teams left in region 1 and 2 really should put on a couple of games tonight that could go either way.

My pick is Morristown West for this game. TN High is fast and physical, so I see it neck and neck all the way up until the half. Last half will be Morristown West doing what they have been doing all season: Changing things up to beat the opposing team and having players who aren't as tired. It will be a GREAT game though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if TN High could be the first team to hold them for the whole game though, but I'm just looking at what Mo West has done all season.

Everyone, drive safely, cheer hard, and enjoy yourselves tonight. Good luck to both teams!

I think Tennessee needs to approach this game like they did against DB without the turnovers. Run down the clock on offense and try to keep the defense off the field as much as possible.

The posts on here seem to indicate that a Viking victory isn't necessarily out of reach with Mo' West's depth being a primary issue. I would like to see Tennessee hit couple passes to Howard and Fleenor on the outside to see what could come out of it.

Good luck to all Viking and Trojan players! :thumb: