Trousdale County (7-4) @ Tenn. Temple (11-0)

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever said #11 on #11 will be a good matchup is right. #11 was the best CB we played last year, he broke on the ball very fast. Although he will need some help covering seth. He might cover the short passes if the QB doesnt throw the ball on time, but he cant stop him deep w/out a safety coming over the top.

Why would croz prepare himself emotionally? He is from Gordonsville and a Gordonsville fan, he probably does not care who wins or loses, so long as Gordonsville wins. And I believe those 21 points were scored on the second team, well after the game was over

Sorry, I did not realize that he was a Gordonsville fan. I was just being funny anyway. You may be right on the score. I would not know.

They've given up at least 19 points in 4 of ther games...

42 of them to a horrible Taft team

Here we go again, comparing scores, how many points so and so scored against so and so, records, etc;

Look, the bottom line is -- all the past games don't mean a thing when it comes to the playoffs. Either you're good or your not, either you win or you're out, either you're destined or you're not.

Why would croz prepare himself emotionally? He is from Gordonsville and a Gordonsville fan, he probably does not care who wins or loses, so long as Gordonsville wins. And I believe those 21 points were scored on the second team, well after the game was over

The 22 points wasnt scored on the second team, except 1 td was an int return on their 2nd team offense. TC had their starting Defense in the whole game last year. They did have their 2nd team Offense in for most of the second half, but kept their starting Defense in there to stop up from scoring much.

Here we go again, comparing scores, how many points so and so scored against so and so, records, etc;

Look, the bottom line is -- all the past games don't mean a thing when it comes to the playoffs. Either you're good or your not, either you win or you're out, either you're destined or you're not.

Im just sayin, Taft doesnt score 42 points by accident, and that film has got to schow some weaknessess in the Temple defense...

I wasnt comparing scores, just saying that they gave up quite a few points this season

Step right in this conversation TC . Zone said they are about equal in condition. Maybe someone should explain Satterfield conditioning camp. I will just sit and read. All I know from hearsay is that if all the players in the region attened it. It would cut the teams in half. Maybe someone would like to confirm this???

I don't know about their conditioning program but from what I saw the Temple players didn't run out of steam. TC may be better conditioned and they may not be but I don't think it will be a factor either way

and just to add a note...

TEmple has played 3 teams with a winning record, south pitt at 9-1, Unaka at 6-4, and Lookout Valley at 6-4....

I think playing muffin teams all season is going to hurt them, need to step upp the competition a little. You played 3 teams with an 0-10 record.

So are you saying that TC has played a solid schedule? Just to mention a few:

Red Boiling Springs (0-10)

Mt. Juliet Christian (1-10)

Clay Co. (2-8)

Livingston (1-9)

So are you saying that TC has played a solid schedule? Just to mention a few:

Red Boiling Springs (0-10)

Mt. Juliet Christian (1-10)

Clay Co. (2-8)

Livingston (1-9)

No, but all of those are region games with the exception of LA, who was last years 3A state champ...

they do however play, FC, Gville, Smith County, and Macon County, whom has more wins than the entire TT schedule

No offense to the Zoneman but he also thought the game with Gordonsville was going to be very close. I used to think the Zoneman knew what he was talking about but now, I am not so sure.... :D

(He also thought SP was going to beat Temple)

Fair enough but I remember you saying the same thing about the G'ville-SP game :o . I just give opinions, right or wrong. I predicted the Temple - Monterery and TC- LV to a tee so some cut me some slack :D .

I'm having a tough time coming up with a opinion on this one, It's Temple, No it's Trousdale, Well maybe Temple, well no Trousdale....on and on :D . You will notice I'm arguing both sides here.....I guess I'm trying to convince myself which is better

Im just sayin, Taft doesnt score 42 points by accident, and that film has got to schow some weaknessess in the Temple defense...

I wasnt comparing scores, just saying that they gave up quite a few points this season

I am pretty sure that the taft game was played while Josh Smith- #44 was on cruches on the sideline.... so yea the weakness was at middle linebacker..b/c one of the best MLB in the state wasn't there...

Gut wrench Gary- I hope you do give that tape of the taft game to satterfeild... and he thinks "we can run up the middle" b/c unlike the taft game #44 will be there to knock some people out....and ask the TC kids/fans what they think of #44- they know he can play- he was killin people on both sides of the ball despite the blowout last year...and he is sooo much bigger and stronger now....yea so give that tape to TC- that would deffinately be to temple's advantage....

Bishop, I would not use the Taft game as a good scouting tool. Temple has a quarterback who fits their offense well. Coach Skogen posted towards the beginning of school that the QB was just what they needed to make their offense go. The QB had not played the previous year and I imagine was still learning to do it the Temple way. In the Taft game, Temple was up 28-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. In the second quarter, there was one play where Taft scored on a quick breakaway but then Temple's QB threw three interceptions that were run back for touchdowns making it 28-28 going in to the half. You have to note that Temple's defense gave up very little. And give Taft their props. As poor as everyone thinks they are, they are great athletes, big, fast, and physical. Their problem is being able to play as a team. You never know which players are going to be locked down and kept in the unit while the rest of the team travels to play. I do not imagine that any team ever plays the same Taft team at any point in the season.

If you notice, just like Trousdale, Temple has leveled off over the course of the season and become more stable. They had some shaky games early on and have adjusted.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Pasture