1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna know who your guy is?

Siegel over Blackman still haven't figured out how they beat Riverdale

White Co.

Warren Co. Hope I am right(fingers Crossed)

Oakland have to go with the defending district champs on this one.

You obviously haven't seen Blackman play. You're picking Siegel to beat them. That's not going to happen. You can't see how they beat RHS. I see how. They have a really good team. I am NOT a Blackman fan, but you are definitely underrating them.

I would also like to make a comment about the MVP poll. While I agree that Chaisson is the best player and will win I am strongly disagreeing as Jaffarious as the second best player. I think the top 5 players in the district are Chaisson Allen followed by (in any order) Michael Young, Scott Thomas, Kevin Smith, and Tyler Cutter.... Jaffarious is a nice option and compliment of Chaisson but not a top 5 player in the district. I think Jaffarious, David Barnes, and Alex Carter are the next level players.

After some further thought I will comment once more on the polls. I forgot that Oakland and Siegel by far have the most posters and Riverdale has very few. I wont dispute anyone picking Oakland to win or Chaisson as MVP, but picking Siegel second and Jaffarious Wade second says it all. Come on now, Oakland, Riverdale, and Blackman are the best three teams followed by White Co.

Do you think Young is better than Kevin?

Um great question. Ill be honest, yes I do think Michael Young is better. I think they are equally valuable to the team but yes I think Young is better. Michael is a freak in the post. He is undersized but he has the strongest hands and best post moves I have seen in the district in years. Keith Ramsey, Lucas Jones, Darian Martin, Chris Perkins, Andrew Donald, Ben Sneed are some of the big name post players over the years. Im not saying Young is the best player, but I think he is the best POST player of all based on his moves. Just watch tonight, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but his vast aray of post moves and his post ups and rebounding are incredible. He is a GREAT FT shooter and usually knocks down a three a game.

Kevin brings ALOT to the table though, he leading the area in assist and steals I believe and is just a tough matchup and does a great job with his on the ball D.