7AAA 2006-2007

MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Hard fought game on both sides and probably one of the fastest games I have ever seen in terms of the actuall clock when the 4th quarter started it was like 8:55. I think Alex doesnt get the ball that much is because he cant get open especially when a good athlete is guarding him, if they want the ball in his hands they are going to have to run him off of a bunch of screens. The thing that tends to hurt Blackman is that they dont have a guy that can CONSISTANTLY create for himself and others

I don't agree. Alex can create if Turnham lets him. He took it inside two or three times last night and drew fouls and hit the shots. Evidently, that is not what Turnham wants because I seen him yelling at Alex once while he was standing at the line. If you watch their games everyone is standing around waiting for the play to develop. They are terrible at screening but Alex appears to be the last option. If I was Turnham I would make him my first option.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree. Alex can create if Turnham lets him. He took it inside two or three times last night and drew fouls and hit the shots. Evidently, that is not what Turnham wants because I seen him yelling at Alex once while he was standing at the line. If you watch their games everyone is standing around waiting for the play to develop. They are terrible at screening but Alex appears to be the last option. If I was Turnham I would make him my first option.

Exactly what I have been saying. I would love to see Turnham turn him loose. Barnes, Bragg and Carter all are very capable but I think Turnham, like most coaches, has his system and if you play for them you play within the system. Can't argue with his success so what do we know. But, although I have only watched a few of Blackman's games I love to watch Alex. He is a very unselfish player and he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Guest dare_2_dream

Alex can create if the defender is slower than he is. Alex is a great shooter, there is no denying that but he isnt exactly "Mr. Quick". If Alex is getting screens, and dishes off penetration, he can light you up in a hurry, but if you don't let him get the ball off screens and don't help over, he won't hurt you too often.

I agree that they stand around waiting on "THE PLAY" to develop which I hate, but do you seriously think ALex can take his man off the dribble whenever he wants to. NO When he went to the hole I know one of those was on a fast break. Alex Carter can not go one-on-one and create for himself consistantly he is usually the slowest player on the floor so if everybody else cant do it what make you think he can. He couldnt do it in Middle school and he can't do it now. He can shoot the lights out but you have to get him open

I agree that they stand around waiting on "THE PLAY" to develop which I hate, but do you seriously think ALex can take his man off the dribble whenever he wants to. NO When he went to the hole I know one of those was on a fast break. Alex Carter can not go one-on-one and create for himself consistantly he is usually the slowest player on the floor so if everybody else cant do it what make you think he can. He couldnt do it in Middle school and he can't do it now. He can shoot the lights out but you have to get him open

Sure he could if he played like half of the players you are probably talking about. Everyone can create a shot but how many of them actually make the shot. How many ill advised shots do you see in a game where a guy goes in makes a 360 turn and shoots the ball. They throw up lame duck shots but everyone admires how fast they made that turn. I don't know why you think Alex is slow. He is smoother than a lot of players and while he may not be the fastest player on the court he is not slow.

I really don't know what Alex can do. I see a well rounded and consistent player and I think given the opportunity he could make things happen.

Sure he could if he played like half of the players you are probably talking about. Everyone can create a shot but how many of them actually make the shot. How many ill advised shots do you see in a game where a guy goes in makes a 360 turn and shoots the ball. They throw up lame duck shots but everyone admires how fast they made that turn. I don't know why you think Alex is slow. He is smoother than a lot of players and while he may not be the fastest player on the court he is not slow.

I really don't know what Alex can do. I see a well rounded and consistent player and I think given the opportunity he could make things happen.

I don't think icecold likes Alex. What in the world does middle school have to do with it and who has not improved since they were in middle school. You can say what you want but part of Alex's problem is the other coaches in the league knows what he can do. Their goal is to shut him down and make sure someone else for Blackman steps up. Alex will learn to adjust if given the chance. That is what I would like to see.

riverdaleman, if your twins are crazy....who do you think they get it form? :P

As I said before on here, Oakland did NOT play well last night. Hopefully everyone gets recovered from that dreaded stomach virus before we play Riverdale again. You could tell some of them were dragging/ But bottom line is Oakland is winning the close games meaning they finish themmmmmmmmm.

After all the times you call us out for making excuses when we say Siegel played awful or Keith's knee etc. You throw out the same "excuses" as you coined them. Irony?

Create your own shot does not mean go to the hole and throw up crap it means being able to get to the lane and get a quality high percentage shot I have no beef with Alex I dont know the kid as a matter of fact I am a Blackman fan so it's not like I dislike him or the program I am being realistic. The reason I brought up middle school is because I know people associated with the middle school and they say that the coach basically had to draw up plays to get him open. Dont you all think that if he could go to the hole and create his own shot that he would be doing it especially in situations like last night when they were losing

Hahahaha Siegel played so well and gets NO credit, Refs were consistent on both ends. They were so not on Siegels side thats ridiculous. Sorry you had sick players, but I dont think that it would have been any different with completely healthy players. Just an excuse for Oakland. Way to find a reason to NOT give Siegel any credit. O Yeah 2P Cutters attitude was awful last nigth wasnt it. Yeah you all are dumb for ever questioning his attitude. Hes a hard worker and did all he could for the team last night. I was so proud of my stars last night. They were not intimidated by the numer 1 team in state A BIT. White County better be ready cuz this is a new team right now with alot more energy. Nicks sophmore slump has ended now also. WATCH OUT 7AAA THE STARS ARE SHINING BRIGHT.