MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 staight losses...thats really ugly. especially considering at one time the warriors had a 14 game win streak. maybe they have set themselves up to bounce back strong as ever in time for the playoffs, atleast thats what i hope. we host shelbyville tuesday, that should be a good game.

riverdale takes the 3rd spot without a coin toss because we split with blackman and blackman swept white co, which puts white co at 4th. riverdale will play siegel

http://preps.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section...;story_id=13288

I'm guessing Siegel was happy they got Riverdale. They have had more problems with White County than any other team in the District. :rolleyes:

I would rather have White co. play Siegel than Lebanon. No doubt.

Edited by 85warrior

I'm guessing Siegel was happy they got Riverdale. They have had more problems with White County than any other team in the District. :rolleyes:

I would rather have White co. play Siegel than Lebanon. No doubt.

I think its because of the fact that both teams are similar in the tempo of the game, but White Co plays much better defense and when they are on from outside, they are a tough team to beat

I have always wondered that, Blackman, Oakland Siegel and Riverdale could walk to Smyrna and Lavergne to play but yet instead they have to take an airplane to go play against White County, Warren County, and Cookeville(a totally different time zone) what sense does that make

Well back in the 1900's 7AAA consisted of Cookeville, White Co., Warren Co., Lebanon, Oakland, and Riverdale. I don't think that the people who designed the districts could have ever imagined that Rutherford County would grow as much as they have. With that said, you will have different districts I believe when realignment happens I would say that the new districts could be

Stone Memorial (Crossville)

Cumberland Co.

Cookeville

White Co.

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin Co.

and

Riverdale

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

Smyrna

Lavergne

Lebanon

Wilson Central

Mt. Juliet.

Just a guess about those but I don't know why not.

Well back in the 1900's 7AAA consisted of Cookeville, White Co., Warren Co., Lebanon, Oakland, and Riverdale. I don't think that the people who designed the districts could have ever imagined that Rutherford County would grow as much as they have. With that said, you will have different districts I believe when realignment happens I would say that the new districts could be

Cumberland Co.

Cookeville

White Co.

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin Co.

and

Riverdale

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

Smyrna

Lavergne

Lebanon

Wilson Central

Mt. Juliet.

Geographically, I cant argue with that, but 7-AAA would have 9 teams, which equals to 16 games. To be honest I think 8 teams is the absolute most any district should have without the district season draggin on for too long. I would suggest moving Cookeville and White County to the east tennessee districts or at least explore the possibility

I heard Cumberland Co. and Stone Memorial will both be AA next year. White co. does not need to travel any further East than Cumbeland co. That would have us traveling farther than we do now.

I have always wondered that, Blackman, Oakland Siegel and Riverdale could walk to Smyrna and Lavergne to play but yet instead they have to take an airplane to go play against White County, Warren County, and Cookeville(a totally different time zone) what sense does that make

Nobody you listed is playing in another time zone. :rolleyes:

The boro schools have several games where they just drive 10 minutes across town. white, cookeville, etc. have a pretty good drive for EVERY game.

Edited by 85warrior

Cumberland Co.

Cookeville

White Co.

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin Co.

and

Riverdale

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

Smyrna

Lavergne

Lebanon

Wilson Central

Mt. Juliet.

Sounds nice, but then what when the next 2 schools open in Rutherford in the next 5 years. Also, this would leave district 8 with 5 teams and district 6 (i think) with 4. They need to combine 6 and 7 into one district and then shift crossville over when you add a district to balance 7 and 8.

Geographically, I cant argue with that, but 7-AAA would have 9 teams, which equals to 16 games. To be honest I think 8 teams is the absolute most any district should have without the district season draggin on for too long. I would suggest moving Cookeville and White County to the east tennessee districts or at least explore the possibility

Plus the T$$AA is taking away 2 games next year i believe.

Sounds nice, but then what when the next 2 schools open in Rutherford in the next 5 years. Also, this would leave district 8 with 5 teams and district 6 (i think) with 4. They need to combine 6 and 7 into one district and then shift crossville over when you add a district to balance 7 and 8.

Plus the T$$AA is taking away 2 games next year i believe.

How would you go about taking these 2 games away? Would it just be rotated?

BTW, I think you mean 5 and 6, not 6 and 7