MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are their any other big teams to worry about? If oakland can keep their persistance i think they can make it...but that's taking in consideration i know nothing of RaleighEgypt-Oakland is very strong this year..it'd be nice to see them go all the way for the BIG win of state.

I don't know if this is way to irrelevant, but when did the last Murfreesboro team win state?

I am sure there are some other teams in Memphis I just brought up Raleigh Egypt because they were nationally ranked at one poin this season, I think Oaklnad's raod to the state is relatively after the district, the last Murfreesboro team to win the state was Central back in like 1971

Honestly, and this is assuming Oakland gets there first, Oakland has a fair chance of being the first team to win a gold ball since Central did it. Oakland wont be the favorite by any means, as that honor probably belongs to Raleigh-Egypt and Whites Creek at this point. But in tournament play, none of these 3 teams are a lock to make it to the glass house and that goes double for Whites Creek and R-E, where it is pretty much a state tourney in itself just making it there. Oakland doesnt have a tough region tourney this year, but that doesnt mean they'll walk right thru. Winning the region will be so important this year because it will be so tough to win at BC or Red Bank on the road, although its not by any stretch of the means out of Oakland's ability to do so.

What gives me hope, and what is different about this team than other great Oakland teams is the fact that Oakland has a center that is taller than 6'4. In other years Oakland has made it to the glass house, everything has been there except for that big post player, which now Oakland has. I feel defensively, Oakland is about where they need to be to have a chance to win it all (but it still needs to improve), but I feel that the offense needs to improve by a good bit to get Oakland over the hump in March. Oakland is going to have to win some games in the 60's, maybe even 70's. Like I said, Oakland has a fair chance of winning the whole thing, but so do about 10-12 other teams in AAA

I like Oaklands odds also. Their coaching is the best, this will prove if King can win when it matters. Their defense is tremendous over all. Their offense is fast and they score easily. They didnt shoot well against us abd beat us by 19. I think the only thing they are missing is TJ Martin. If they had him on the team they would be a lock. I mean come on, hes the best in the state.