Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill's 2007 Football Schedule

srupley

DB's schedule will be upgraded over the next two years. Right now DB and Maryville scrimage the final week of pre-season. It was held at Carson Newman this year and while not a regular game, it is as close to one as any scrimages get. This helps prepare the Indians for the season. DB and Mo West will start playing in 2008. West will be upgraded to a 5A region 1 school in the next reclassification. Dainiel Boone might get moved up. Also in 2008 Maryville will be in 5A region 2. So two years from now DB will have William Blount, Oak Ridge, Tennessee High and Elizabethton as non region opponants. Mo west and possible Daniel Boone in the region. This is a much more competitive schedule.

Where are you getting your information, just curious?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB's schedule will be upgraded over the next two years. Right now DB and Maryville scrimage the final week of pre-season. It was held at Carson Newman this year and while not a regular game, it is as close to one as any scrimages get. This helps prepare the Indians for the season. DB and Mo West will start playing in 2008. West will be upgraded to a 5A region 1 school in the next reclassification. Dainiel Boone might get moved up. Also in 2008 Maryville will be in 5A region 2. So two years from now DB will have William Blount, Oak Ridge, Tennessee High and Elizabethton as non region opponants. Mo west and possible Daniel Boone in the region. This is a much more competitive schedule.

If Morristown West does move up the 5A Region 1 I think they will do fine. Daniel Boone, on the other hand, will get pounded week in and week out and a one dimensional running attack will be unsuccesful. Classification changes in 2009 or 2010 will be interesting, hopefully it will benefit the Big East.

Sounds good. Although a big fan of J. Fred, the Castle in Bristol has an aire of history just the same. Good luck to you guys on Friday, give Morristown West heck.

Hey Thanks. It'll be a tall order but I know our boys will do their best. We're playing pretty good ball right now and I wouldn't bet against them. Sounds like you guys had some tough breaks Friday night. That's a shame I really thought you all had a shot at making the show. We'll see you on the gridiron next August.

Where are you getting your information, just curious?

Coach Clark announced the William Blount addition this week. Setting up changes to a schedule is a very difficult thing. It is real easy to say;"I want to drop this team and pick up that team". You have to look at the slots available for change. I also believe the TSSAA does not let you travel long distances to play in state teams. Seems like we were rejected from continuing the MBA relationship because of this. Anybody out here know about that???............ On DB's schedule, the Sullivan South game has been played on thursday nights; because of the Bristol Race. The William Blount Administrators had to sign off on playing this game for the next two years on a Thursday night. At first they said no, but then came back and agreed. DB is the team that pushed for this change after South said they would not play DB any more. DB will travel to William Blount next year. TSSAA Re-Classification will happen prior to the 2008 season. It is based on School size. It is my understanding that Mo. West, Daniel Boone, and Maryville have enough students to make the move to 5A. If a schools population numbers drastically change before the next scheduled Re-Classification, the TSSAA can move them up or down but this is rare. Does anybody out there know the exact number of students at Mo. West, Daniel Boone, and Maryville??? I firmly believe that Mo. West will be 5A Region 1 & Maryville 5A Region 2. I am hoping that Daniel Boone makes it to 5A and they move Campbell County to Region 2............ As far as DB's Schedule is concerned, schools go through cycles. Region 1 has been weakened by poor play from Jefferson County. It may be a few more years before they get it turned back around. The right coach could make a big difference. Jeff County and Science have very large student Populations. For Region 1 to be strong those two schools have to get better. Bearden made great strides with their new coach this year and will be of the top teams in Region 1 next season. I believe that DB's schedule by 2008 will be very competitive.

Edited by TnRiverRat

Daniel Boone - 1295

Morristown West - 1428

Those are the students as of 2005. The Tennessee report card is not up for 2006 yet, but this is taken from the Dept of Education on the Tennessee website.

I guess that there is some choice by the school if your rumor is true, because look at Crockett, they have 1628 students as of 2005 and they are still a 4A school with no talk of them moving up.

I can't remember if 5A is 1500 or 1400 students. I can see Morristown West having to move up, but I can't see Boone at that level yet. I can see Boone having the number in 4 years, but I can't see them being forced to move next year.

Graham Clark confirmed on the radio today next years out o conference schedule:

Week 0 @ Tennessee

Week 1 @ William Blount

Week 3 Oak Ridge (may have this week incorrect)

Week 6 @ Elizabethton

No South on the schedule and no contracts have been signed so this is subject to change.

Why Eliz? Come on these 2 used pack the gates. But now, this is hurting both teams. Eliz gets beat up, while DB doesnt really gain anything. Add Mo West.

The TSSAA will reclassify sumtime in the spring. They will announce the new conferences and classifications prior to the 2007-2008 school year.