Tennessee Temple

gofish12

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Mountain Man,you were not that far off with your post.These coaches are jumping ship and can take it personal if they want to I DONT CARE.It would be different if they were bettering there self from there accomplishments on the field and not just out there for there sons and winning this year then leaving when the real challenge and commitment is there to coach.There was several post earlier this year on whether Temple would field a team next year these coaches should have step up and said they werent going to coach then.Now the school has no choice but to get about 8 returning players killed against varsity teams or pay in the sum of $1,500 a game if they cancel the season.Eldridge should have also mentioned in his pitch to get players that not only do you have to be eligible you also have to come up with about $3,500. Read between the lines what Ronnie Carter said and also you dont have your coaches there to sell the program Temple doesnt need 2 players they need a team.Temple adminstration should be outraged and those coaches should quit trying to sugar coat it,but if Temple doesnt care then maybe next they could donate a couple of personal monuments.

Edited by Farmboy1

See Mountain Man,you were not that far off with your post.These coaches are jumping ship and can take it personal if they want to I DONT CARE.It would be different if they were bettering there self from there accomplishments on the field and not just out there for there sons and winning this year then leaving when the real challenge and commitment is there to coach.There was several post earlier this year on whether Temple would field a team next year these coaches should have step up and said they werent going to coach then.Now the school has no choice but to get about 8 returning players killed against varsity teams or pay in the sum of $1,500 a game if they cancel the season.Eldridge should have also mentioned in his pitch to get players that not only do you have to be eligible you also have to come up with about $3,500. Read between the lines what Ronnie Carter said and also you dont have your coaches there to sell the program Temple doesnt need 2 players they need a team.Temple adminstration should be outraged and those coaches should quit trying to sugar coat it,but if they dont care then maybe next they could donate a couple of personal monuments.

What are you talking about?? You're whacked!! The Temple coaches handled this in the right way. These guys have sacrificed a whole lot of their time for Temple and doing it without pay. It is about time for Temple to pay someone to take over the program. These guys have done over and above what anyone could have expected them to do with their other responsibilities (especially Mr. Skogen). If anything, the administration should be ashamed of themselves for not taking better care of these guys and being thankful for all they have done with this football program the last few years. They are not "jumping ship", they have been keeping the ship afloat, primarily on their own, the last few years. So, my hat goes off to Coach Skogen, Coach Beard and the rest of the volunteer coaches of Temple!!

What are you talking about?? You're whacked!! The Temple coaches handled this in the right way. These guys have sacrificed a whole lot of their time for Temple and doing it without pay. It is about time for Temple to pay someone to take over the program. These guys have done over and above what anyone could have expected them to do with their other responsibilities (especially Mr. Skogen). If anything, the administration should be ashamed of themselves for not taking better care of these guys and being thankful for all they have done with this football program the last few years. They are not "jumping ship", they have been keeping the ship afloat, primarily on their own, the last few years. So, my hat goes off to Coach Skogen, Coach Beard and the rest of the volunteer coaches of Temple!!

They are jumping ship in both programs after this year no matter what you say, they have promoted their kids (Skogen and Wadley) and the rest will have to suffer. I'm sorry but if you can't see this then you can't see.

They are jumping ship in both programs after this year no matter what you say, they have promoted their kids (Skogen and Wadley) and the rest will have to suffer. I'm sorry but if you can't see this then you can't see.

You really are an idiot, I guess that's why Coach Wadley taught at Temple for 25 years and spent the majority of the years coaching the girls team? I guess he did all of that to "promote" his kids. And I guess Coach Skogen who doesn't get paid by the way, should continue to coach and take time away from his full time position as a pastor to coach this team. Coach Skogen had alread told the administration that he wasn't coaching anything after this year, so I mean they already knew that. Coach Skogen and Coach Beard are doing what is best for their families and I respect them for that, and anyone with any sense would feel the same way.

See Mountain Man,you were not that far off with your post.These coaches are jumping ship and can take it personal if they want to I DONT CARE.It would be different if they were bettering there self from there accomplishments on the field and not just out there for there sons and winning this year then leaving when the real challenge and commitment is there to coach.There was several post earlier this year on whether Temple would field a team next year these coaches should have step up and said they werent going to coach then.Now the school has no choice but to get about 8 returning players killed against varsity teams or pay in the sum of $1,500 a game if they cancel the season.Eldridge should have also mentioned in his pitch to get players that not only do you have to be eligible you also have to come up with about $3,500. Read between the lines what Ronnie Carter said and also you dont have your coaches there to sell the program Temple doesnt need 2 players they need a team.Temple adminstration should be outraged and those coaches should quit trying to sugar coat it,but if Temple doesnt care then maybe next they could donate a couple of personal monuments.

Ouch

These coaches sons went to school free and got real quality christian education in the sum of $3,500 a head.I watched these guys get on TV and talk about football in the future there is no future and your whacked if you think there is.Go ask coach skogen how football is going to be next year and thats what he should have told Connie earlier.It is not fair to the returning players on the foorball team and if you cant see that your whacked.Why are so many people talking and complaining if they were so up front about everything.Spending time coaching your kids is great I have done that with my sons there whole life and still do.I also understand putting my kids in the best situation for there future that day is coming,but I also have a responsibilty with those other kids I coach and not leaving them in the situation temple faces with there varsity football in 07.

Edited by Farmboy1