Who is the best sophmore in Tennessee?

arizonakatz5

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody seen Michael Young of Franklin High School this year? He's run the point and played the 2 guard spot most of the year for the Rebels, the rebels are ranked 5th in the state, class AAA. He may not be the best numbers wise, but anybody who has seen his games can see he will be a special player over the next 2 years. Didn't see many AAA guys mentioned, that's the true mark of how good a kid is, look at who they play against every night.

Anybody seen Michael Young of Franklin High School this year? He's run the point and played the 2 guard spot most of the year for the Rebels, the rebels are ranked 5th in the state, class AAA. He may not be the best numbers wise, but anybody who has seen his games can see he will be a special player over the next 2 years. Didn't see many AAA guys mentioned, that's the true mark of how good a kid is, look at who they play against every night.

Best Sophomores? You have to at least add Drew Kelly to the list. Third leading scorer in the state, and it's not like he gets the ball everytime. Right there with Jenkins. Can't imagine picking an all-sophomore team and not looking to pick Drew first or second. Plays against several very good post players in the district, and draws a ton of attention. Scores, rebounds, blocks shots, great attitude!

Best Sophomores? You have to at least add Drew Kelly to the list. Third leading scorer in the state, and it's not like he gets the ball everytime. Right there with Jenkins. Can't imagine picking an all-sophomore team and not looking to pick Drew first or second. Plays against several very good post players in the district, and draws a ton of attention. Scores, rebounds, blocks shots, great attitude!

You're right, he's up there, plus he's like 6'8, only goimg to get better

In defense of Gentry Hines:

He is playing on a team with WAY more talent than the others mentioned here: McDonald, Hall, Wooten, Etc. He is playing behind 3 senior guards in Moe Miller, Caleb Brown and Derrick Grandberry who together form the best trio in the state.

He is very productive off the bench this season and scores in double figures nearly every game in this role. There is NO COMPARISON in the level of competition Hines plays against night in and night out as compared to the others in these private schools' programs.

He is basically a scoring machine who is being transformed and groomed to play point guard on the next level. This will enhance his recruitability since he will be able to play both guards position and play them well.

Don't get me wrong...I think the others mentioned are all division I prospects and will all be successful in the game. The real test will be to see how they progress in their next two years of high school and AAU competition.

In defense of Gentry Hines:

He is playing on a team with WAY more talent than the others mentioned here: McDonald, Hall, Wooten, Etc. He is playing behind 3 senior guards in Moe Miller, Caleb Brown and Derrick Grandberry who together form the best trio in the state.

He is very productive off the bench this season and scores in double figures nearly every game in this role. There is NO COMPARISON in the level of competition Hines plays against night in and night out as compared to the others in these private schools' programs.

He is basically a scoring machine who is being transformed and groomed to play point guard on the next level. This will enhance his recruitability since he will be able to play both guards position and play them well.

Don't get me wrong...I think the others mentioned are all division I prospects and will all be successful in the game. The real test will be to see how they progress in their next two years of high school and AAU competition.

Genry Hines isnt close to Leslie.He is good but,Leslie is a special player