What game was the coldest you attended or played in ever?

volcamry42

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 1976....Union City played Memphis Mitchell at UTM in the first round of the playoffs....It had come an ice/snow storm a couple days earlier and there was still snow and ice on the ground and bleachers..It was freakin COLD!!!!....I have been to some Clinic/BC-BS title games and been very cold by the end of those Saturday sessions...It was spitting snow the night Union City and Tyner played for a championship back in 97 in Nashville..

Same night as this, undefeated Meigs County played undefeated Rockwood @ Rhea County high school. Was 4 degrees at kickoff. Stands were packed and Rockwood led us 28-0 at the half. We came out after halftime and all our fans, our band, and all but 2 of our cheerleaders had hit the road and I don't blame them. The ones that stayed were real diehards but we got spanked 42-8. I still remember which cheerleaders stayed and I have high regards for them both to this day.

Notre Dame at Livingston Acapemy 3A Semifinals 2005. The water froze in the coolers and ice was not needed.the same thing happen my freshman year cumberland gap vs. hampton it was about 10 degrees it was so cold every hit it hurt so bad it felt like my skin was going too break but i would rather play in the cold than in 90 degree weather

Edited by #23CGWR#23