Morristown West vs. Morristown East

JHITE7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well put little boy

lol now thats a classic come back surley you can do better for a senile old man

I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

In regards to football, both teams have the potential to make this a close contest. This will surely be a game to attend.

stush96, you should be able to pick up tickets early at the front office of the school.

East High staying in the game was not much thanks to East High, in my opinion. The way I saw it, East was in that game because of exploitations of West's mistakes, not because of their tremendously outstanding play. We had two fumbles (at least one for sure, pretty sure there were 2) and a punt that went over Holton Goan's head. East High is going to be ready to play, but I have faith in our outstanding players and coaching staff to put together a winning game plan, and go out and execute.

Anyone upset that they aren't playing this game at Burke-Toney? I'm not. Quentin Greenlee is like a different player on artificial turf.

Are you forgetting the gifts East gave West? You must be.

BTW, Dockery will be faster on turf too.

To the fans of MoWest and Morristown East:

The Hamblen County Finance Committee will be meeting at 11:30am Monday morning to discuss the possibility of new turf at Burke-Toney stadium. If able, please show your support at the meeting which will be held on the bottom floor across the hall from Mayor Purkey's office in the new addition of the County Courthouse. Both West and East QB clubs are planning to attend the meeting.

If approved by the finance comittee, the proposal will then be sent to County Commission for vote on November 20th. Please call your county commissioner and voice your wishes regarding a new and safer playing surface for our student atheletes in Hamblen County.

This game will be a history maker for Morristown East. In their first meeting Mo. West won but not because of a lack of talent on east's side, Mo. West just came out and busted them in the mouth early. I think this week will be totally different. Mo. East has the speed and the strength to beat Mo. West and I honestly believe it will happen. I will be rooting for east all the way. Good Luck Mo. East.

Mo. East- 21

Mo. West- 17

I will say this and then I am out of town on business for the week (back Friday though thank Goodness!). I am a big Morristown West fan and I wish the Trojans Good luck this week. This will be a great game with great atomsphere. I hope the kids on both sides enjoy the experience.

While I obviously hope the Trojans win, if the Canes do prevail I will wish their fans and players Congratulations and good luck. I hope everyone on both sides will represent Morristown with the class we all expect.

This game will be a history maker for Morristown East. In their first meeting Mo. West won but not because of a lack of talent on east's side, Mo. West just came out and busted them in the mouth early. I think this week will be totally different. Mo. East has the speed and the strength to beat Mo. West and I honestly believe it will happen. I will be rooting for east all the way. Good Luck Mo. East.

Mo. East- 21

Mo. West- 17

Once again, East High wasn't in that game because they played so spectacular. West High was their own worst enemy in that game with a bad punt snap, missed XP's, and fumbles. Yes, Dockery fumbled the opening kickoff, but who says he won't do that again?

Another thing that East High died by in that game was the coaching. What a terrible call throwing down by the goal line- the pass that was eventually picked off by J.J. Sims. It was a turning point in that game.

Better game? Probably. Same outcome? Certain.

Are you forgetting the gifts East gave West? You must be.

BTW, Dockery will be faster on turf too.

My point is that East High's gifts are typical of their play- Morristown West's mistakes were not. Obviously, you don't watch West high enough to understand the type of game that they play on their best night. I sure wish you had been at the Tennessee High game this past Friday.

My point is that East High's gifts are typical of their play- Morristown West's mistakes were not. Obviously, you don't watch West high enough to understand the type of game that they play on their best night. I sure wish you had been at the Tennessee High game this past Friday.

And I sure wish you had been at the Sullivan South Game. Those kids know they are facing a differant East squad. Buckle Up..........

The Int was a read, not coaching and East had 6 turnovers. My friend, I really question if you have watched much football at all. Please keep commenting on the E/W game.............I am getting a kick out of it. :rolleyes:

MORRISTOWN

Congrts to the Trojans and the Canes. I hope we can make this an annual event, West & East in the quarterfinals of state. :thumb: It will be the biggest game ever played by these 2 rivals. It will be a good one, both teams are playing thier best football at the right time . I believe the Trojans will pull it out because of their playoff experience. I am sure both teams will be ready and give it all they have. I hope the fans from both sides show each other the respect they deserve. There are always a few (on both sides) who aren't able to understand the true nature of this rivalry. It should be one of mutual respect. Remember we are all from Morristown/Hamblen County so which ever teams wins this game will then go on to represent all of us in the State Semi's.

Go Trojans