Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

All that shows that this will be a great game! Good luck to both teams!

Great Game! I agree. Thats why my car pool is having a tough time deciding between traveling for this match-up or attending the Fulton/Catholic rematch! My vote was Maryville/Red Bank. Maybe I can convince the driver of this distinquished group that its going to be alot warmer in Chattanooga! :lol:

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drega and Champ -

Thanks for the feedback on the Red Bank team. That was very informative and helpful. I always sleep better knowing what we're up against :lol:

FBE - I did a little breakdown of the MHS numbers myself. To your point, here's a look at average scoring in Rebel games by quarter:

Q1: MHS - 13.7

Opp. - .7

Q2: MHS - 13.5

Opp. - 2.6

Q3: MHS - 9.2

Opp. - 1.8

Q4: MHS - 4.2

Opp. - 6.9

So, the Rebels score 62% of their points in the 1st half, and the game is usually out of question before their opponent put up 66% of their points in the second half (and 81% of those in the 4th).

Drega and Champ -

Thanks for the feedback on the Red Bank team. That was very informative and helpful. I always sleep better knowing what we're up against :thumb:

FBE - I did a little breakdown of the MHS numbers myself. To your point, here's a look at average scoring in Rebel games by quarter:

Opp. - .7

Opp. - 2.6

Opp. - 1.8

Opp. - 6.9

So, the Rebels score 62% of their points in the 1st half, and the game is usually out of question before their opponent put up 66% of their points in the second half (and 81% of those in the 4th).

Well i caint wait till friday cause this game is stirirng up alot of excitment!! RB is a team that scores from the jump at least 3 tds by half as an average!!! we will see how this maryville defense respods!! good luck

True, maybe.....I don't think so. Maryville does not run up the score on beaten opponents, they play 3rd, 4th strings and normally run the ball to kill the clock they have never beat a team by 69 points under GQ. They could have many times but simply won't.

red bank/ brainerd halftime score........ 63-0!

and we played everybody

and TD ain't that bad of a coach either

I think in this match-up that Red Bank's slightly weaker schedule may come back to bite them(don't argue, it IS weaker, even though both have many similar opponents), but I still think they have the total potential to do it. Especially away from Maryville.

I think Red Bank will win honestly, but that may be just me wanting someone to take down Maryville for once. I hope they do it.

Edited by Owlbino

I think in this match-up that Red Bank's slightly weaker schedule may come back to bite them(don't argue, it IS weaker, even though both have many similar opponents), but I still think they have the total potential to do it. Especially away from Maryville.

I think Red Bank will win honestly, but that may be just me wanting someone to take down Maryville for once. I hope they do it.

I also think region 4 is weaker, normally but this year 3-4A was no world beater. Knotz Central, Powell and Hauls all usually pretty good teams and adding Knotz West to the pile makes the region even stronger IMO. The others are improving IMO as well. In the past Maryville has had to beat two regular season opponents during the play-offs but that run ended this year. One of the hardest things to do in Football is to beat the same team twice in a season. I knew Red Bank was improving and starting to play up to the 4A level ;) . We in Maryville respect them and all opponents so don't take everything I say as classless or primadona in nature.

Maryville's football program is on a level that many only aspire and dream that their beloved teams could be like. The kids who are fortunate to suit and start for Maryville could play for anybody and be difference makers without question. Many teams have D1 kids and stars and many would just fit in at Maryville because around MHS it is team first, individual a distant second. Red Bank might pull off the win and it is OK to hope that they can beat Maryville, we hear that from everywhere to include right here in Blount County.

Maryville's football program has broken many a fine opposition teams seniors' hearts over the years by being the last team they would play in their HS career and many young men around Maryville remember watching their older brothers get beat and not play their best and lose because of it. If I thought Maryville was not hungry I would say it but they will be ready for Red Bank and it should be a great game. If Maryville should come up short, it still won't erase the accomplishments the program has earned and it won't be the end of the program, they will just be back next year hungrier than ever.

Drega and Champ -

Thanks for the feedback on the Red Bank team. That was very informative and helpful. I always sleep better knowing what we're up against :thumb:

Opp. - .7

Opp. - 2.6

Opp. - 1.8

Opp. - 6.9

Good info Papa, great work. I like it better after looking at those numbers. Go Rebs

Red Bank has if not the fastest team in the state one of the top fastest and i just dont see marryville keeping up with them but if so they are still not going to win like i said b-4 Red Bank wins by 14 just too fast!! i bet yall thought brainerd was fast ;) good luck lions :thumb:

No one in Maryville is doubting their speed. Maryville coaches have seen them on film by now so certainly they know how fast they are. I would doubt they are faster than the Melrose teams we have played the past two years, and Alcoa has excellent team speed on a yearly basis. Speed can be a two edged sword. Quarles is very adepth at getting teams of that type moving one way and attacking the other way. Should be a great game.

Maryville's stars are WR #2 Maples, TE #88 Douglas, QB #14 Hunt, WR #7 Shiver, QB #10 Burnette, RB # 25 Baker, LB #1 Caylor. As we all know Maryville's team is filled with talented athletes but these are the ones who get their names in the paper alot. Also from what I know Maples and Douglas have committed to UT already. Maryville fans feel free to add on to this list. I just named the guys that I know make coaches lose sleep at night. Also update me on the commits because all Iknow is Maples and Douglas.