Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a great match-up! Who will win?

I have to take the defending champs in this one. Maryville just have too many players for Red Bank to defend and Red Bank hasnt played a defense like this yet. Well, Maryville hasnt played a defense like Red Bank's yet either. I say it will come down to who can make the most out of the other teams mistakes. Where is this game played at?

Until they get beat, Maryville is the team to beat. If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man. Typically home field advantage is a huge deal, but Maryville kids have played in the big games too many times for it to make that much of a difference.

Agree with all of that but RB beat Brainerd 77-8 and Mur'ville didn't.. Should be a shoot out .. One with least TO's and best Special teams wins is my prediction.

I don't think it will be a shootout. I was at the red bank game tonight and left with two impressions: I was really unimpressed with Red Bank's offense. They had a really short field most of the time from some West mistakes and still didn't light things up. Their defense, on the other hand, seemed very physical at times. They could really lay down some licks. Towards the end of the game, I think they started wearing down a little bit and you saw the West RB getting some good gains. Also, while I wouldn't call the West turnovers "unforced" their QB really didn't make good decisions. There were several times where he should have taken a sack, but instead just chucked it up. Red Bank got good pressure the whole game. I think the key matchup is Maryville's o-line versus Red Bank's D-line. If Maryville has time, they should do just fine. I think the Rebs will have no problem containing the Red Bank offense. A lot of their yards came from receivers who were wide open, and that's not going to happen next week. I think all in all Maryville wins this one by two TD's

this is gonna be a really good game probably the tuffest one yet for maryville i would love 2 see red bank win but juss with maryville bein so good im goin with them by a touchdown

Well everyone thinks Maryville is unbeatable but Brainerd exposed them. Same as All thinks R'dale is but We look forward to R'dale after we beat Farraguat and I''m picking RB 10-7 in this one.

man red banmk is gonna be packed next week, i can remember teh 2000 season when we packed 10,000 people in there, i wonder if we can next week? i got my Blue by 10, defense and whoever opens up the scoring first wins this one. if u were at re dbank for the west game you could tell we broke their spirit with all the turnovers and such.

Well everyone thinks Maryville is unbeatable but Brainerd exposed them. Same as All thinks R'dale is but We look forward to R'dale after we beat Farraguat and I''m picking RB 10-7 in this one.

I like the way everyone wants to use the Brainerd game as hope. Ooltewah pulled WB out of their rears and Maryville had WB down and started subbing in the third quarter so using your logic what does that say about what Maryville would do to the Owls? It was ONE game. And yeah Brainerd really exposed us. 23-8 first downs, -8 yards rushing for Brainerd, 340 yards to under 200 for Brainerd, two fumbles bounce into their hands and they score on both. Maryville tried their best to hand the game on a silver platter and Brainerd could not take it. Red Bank running the score up on Brainerd has nothing to do with this game. Maryville hung 49 on West and played all five of their quarterbacks against them but that has nothing to do with the game next week. I hope Red Bank feels the same way you do though. Rhea County did. Asked them how it worked out for them.

Edited by mhs

man red banmk is gonna be packed next week, i can remember teh 2000 season when we packed 10,000 people in there, i wonder if we can next week? i got my Blue by 10, defense and whoever opens up the scoring first wins this one. if u were at re dbank for the west game you could tell we broke their spirit with all the turnovers and such.

To bad you don't remember the 1997 year