Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the respect there. As a former player for maryville, that is what GQ instills in his players- a great deal of discipline. i remember back in 2001 when Maryville played Red Bank and Mr. Gerald Riggs was playing for RB at that time. Riggs was a great high school running back. Everybody thought we were gonna get our tails kicked cuz it was RB's first year in 4A after winning the 5A state championship the previous year. and we went out there and beat them (i think 34-12 but do not hold me too that). Riggs rushed for 78 yds. on 21 carries. I have heard a great deal about this game throughout the year. I wish good luck to both teams and may the best team win. i have to go with my alma mater MHS- 31 Red Bank- 17

different coach and different players. back in 01 riggs pretty much was the team, our state team was pretty much all seniors. its gonna be a slugfest next friday

I'd be willing to say the best team that Maryville has played this year, including this coming Friday would be Alcoa, hands down. Maryville is disciplined, good, and fast in key areas. They have 3 big playmakers they can turn to in the passing game, one of which I think is more tough to defend than most people think of him. The Douglas kid is a man among boys. He's something like 6'5" 250 lbs and can run and catch the ball playing TE. He's probably the next Jason Witten for UT not next season, but the year after. Yeah, that's right, everyone gets to deal with him for another season. Maples is just Maples, being 6'2" and having great speed. The other major player in the passing game is that receiver who's like 6'4" I think. He's pretty good too. They also have the line/running backs to protect a QB who will be a D1 prospect. Now, they have all that great tallent on offense, but the difference between them and other teams is that the tallent plays within GQs system and does what he wants. There's no I in team and Maryville shows that with their discipline. Now, it's great if you somehow have someone to defend the giant Douglas in the passing game, but if you get too worried about the passing game, you have to deal with Baker and Singleton and anyone else they throw back there. Maryville is just an all around good team and that's hard to defend as a defense. Maryville's defense is pretty good as well. That Middle linebacker #1 is a beast to deal with. Maryville will hit you in the mouth as I'm sure Red Bank will too. It should be a good game, good luck to both and especially the 3-4a rebels

I saw Ooltewah pull WB out late with many questionable calls and then two weeks later we manhandled blount. I got Farragut by 20+ this week. :thumb:

Haha... Maryville/Red Bank game should be a dandy. If I wasn't going to be at Ooltewah I'd be at Red bank to watch this game. Maryville is Maryville and is giong to be tough. If there is anyone in the state that can beat them in 4a Red Bank will prob have the best shot. Reb Bank has size and speed on offense and also has a hardnosed defense. I do hope Red Bank wins this game but I just don't think it's going to happen. Good luck though! Oh ya... Owls win by 21....

This game in my mind is really the game between the best 4a schools in the state. Maybe you could throw Hillsboro in the mix. The differance between these two teams in my point of view is the experience that Maryville has. Think about the senoirs on this team and the amount of playoff experience they have. Having said that this will a tough road game that Maryville is not used to playing in the playoffs. They are so use to the friendly confines of the Shields Stadium. So they have significant challenge next friday against a very atheletic team. Maryville in a close one.

Maryville-21

Red Bank-17

All tha folks frum reejun 4 has been sayin' Mairvul only beet Brainurd by 4. Red Bank beet Brainurd by 69. Thairfour Red Bank by 65.

We don't have a fancy Chattanoogie Choo Choo, butt I will be leading a convoy down 75 and old Nellie Belle (my garbige/recrutin' truk) smokes like a Choo Choo. Everybody frum Red Bank come by and share some crumbled up cornbread and cold buttermilk with us. :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

How do you get to Red Bank? I never been there before.

Map I found on RB web site.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=640+Morrison...loc=A&hl=en

BTW , is there reall y going to be a convoy to RB? I'd like to follow. Meet when and where? MHS? Time?

JT

How do you get to Red Bank? I never been there before.

Let's try this again. Follow the link to maps on the web site

http://www.hcde.org/schools/highschools/re...cdedefault.html