Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get to Red Bank? I never been there before.

You probably don't even need a map. Just look for landmarks.

Take I-75 towards Atlanta

At exit 2, Merge onto I-24 towards Chattanooga

Take I-24 around the bend down the ridge until you can see lookout mountain, then stay in the right hand lane and look for Highway 27 north, towards downtown, it's a pretty big split.

Take 27 across the river, and then look for the Morrison Springs exit, it's just past the Dayton BLVD exit. After you take Morrison Springs exit, turn left. you'll pass Erlanger north on your left, and then the school is just a little further on your left.

Going back home, if you want to eat downtown after the game, take 27 back across the river and take the first exit after you pass the lookouts stadium (I think it's exit 3C, but not sure). Downtown there's plenty of good eating: Taco Mac, Chilis, TGIF, Sticky Fingers barbq, Buffalo wild wings (one of my favorites) and others all within a few blocks walking distance. Also, if you need parking downtown on Friday night and can't find a spot on the street, head up across market street and up a hill (towards UTC), and you'll see lots of numbered parking lots for Unum Provident. You can park there as long as you need to on the weekends.

In my heart I would like to pick a Chattanooga team, but I just don't think Red Bank is going to beat Maryville. What a long-standing tradition Maryville has, and this team is no slouch for sure.

Red Bank finally has the kind of team that can take it all the way, but I believe Maryville will come in with a lot of swagger and confidence and take the home field away from the Lions. It should be a good game though.

My pick is Maryville 14 and Red Bank 10.

Actually, for the previous poster about which team comes first... in a line score you always place the home team last in a line score, but when posting a final score it is completely appropriate and normal to list the winning team first.

Edited by basketballisbest

Besides the State Championship game in 2000. Is this the biggest game in Red Bank history or in Chattanooga history. I dont know if a more recognized team ever, (MARYVILLE) has came to Chattanooga. I've been looking forward to this game for the past 3 weeks. It's finally here. Hopefully there will be a big crowd and an electric crowd. I cant wait.