Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

Well everyone thinks Maryville is unbeatable but Brainerd exposed them. Same as All thinks R'dale is but We look forward to R'dale after we beat Farraguat and I''m picking RB 10-7 in this one.

Brainerd, Brainerd, Brainerd...

Lets look at some other scores.

Maryville 49

West 12 MHS wins by 37

Red Bank 28

West 12 RB wins by 16

Maryville 41

Rhea Co. 21 MHS wins by 20

Red Bank 25

Rhea Co. 15 RB wins by 10

Average MHS 28.5

RB 13

You weren't at the Brainerd game. It was an anomally. Flat team, fumbleitess, perfect bounces.

If RB wants to mess with MHS only let 15 people in the game on your side, don't bring the band and only let 4 cheerleaders cheer. The eery silence of the game is what got to us.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a GAME folks. Anyone can win on any given FRIDAY. Maryville will lose a game in the future. Not sure when. I am not even sure it will be this year. WB beat DB. Anyone can lose. Good teams find a way to win. Maryville is a GOOD team. I think they win next week 28-14.

I like the way everyone wants to use the Brainerd game as hope. Ooltewah pulled WB out of their rears and Maryville had WB down and started subbing in the third quarter so using your logic what does that say about what Maryville would do to the Owls? It was ONE game. And yeah Brainerd really exposed us. 23-8 first downs, -8 yards rushing for Brainerd, 340 yards to under 200 for Brainerd, two fumbles bounce into their hands and they score on both. Maryville tried their best to hand the game on a silver platter and Brainerd could not take it. Red Bank running the score up on Brainerd has nothing to do with this game. Maryville hung 49 on West and played all five of their quarterbacks against them but that has nothing to do with the game next week. I hope Red Bank feels the same way you do though. Rhea County did. Asked them how it worked out for them.

Here is my opinion I guess. No one outside of Chattanooga as thought Red Bank was any good. Maryville will not take Red Bank lightly and I do not expect Red Bank to either. This game is going to come down to who doesnt make mistakes. I have not seen Maryville play but I am guessing their defense is good. Red Banks defense is good as well. Turnovers will be the difference in this game. I made my predicitions of the Powell and West game because I honestly believed we had plenty of talent to win. This game is to close to call in my eyes. I guess this is the game that Red Bank needs to win in order to gain some respect around the state. Right now Maryville is on top of the hill and willing to do anything to stay up there.

Here is my opinion I guess. No one outside of Chattanooga as thought Red Bank was any good. Maryville will not take Red Bank lightly and I do not expect Red Bank to either. This game is going to come down to who doesnt make mistakes. I have not seen Maryville play but I am guessing their defense is good. Red Banks defense is good as well. Turnovers will be the difference in this game. I made my predicitions of the Powell and West game because I honestly believed we had plenty of talent to win. This game is to close to call in my eyes. I guess this is the game that Red Bank needs to win in order to gain some respect around the state. Right now Maryville is on top of the hill and willing to do anything to stay up there.

Maybe folks up here keep looking at the 1 point victory over 3A Austin East...

I guess A-E is your Brainerd... (same color uniforms...Light blue and red)

Maybe folks up here keep looking at the 1 point victory over 3A Austin East...

I guess A-E is your Brainerd... (same color uniforms...Light blue and red)

Well I have never mentioned the Brainerd game at all. If someone wants to believe that the Maryville/Brainerd game was close because Maryville is not talented is an idiot. Red Bank and Maryville are undefeated for a reason because they are both good. I guess if it takes a 14-13 win over Austin East to open the season to make you think Red Bank is no good then that is fine. Once again like I told Powell and West. I hope Maryville brings fans because I enjoy having the opponents side full. Makes it feel like a football game. I guess if we wipe off the Brainerd game for yall and the Austin East game, we will be good.

im a redbank alumni and i must say, as soon as i figured how good we were this year i have been nervous about this game. maryville should win and probably will win but i promise you redbank will play them harder than anyone has during their current winning streak.i hope every fan maryville has comes to this game, it would be nice to see a packed house.

RC has played both now and I'm coming to Red Bank too watch this one and I hate you both. Just kidding. Both have great defenses so you have to look at the offenses in this one and the kicking game. Marville's too wide outs are 6'2" or better if I'm not wrong and the tight end Douglas is taller than that right Rebels? After watching Maryville it's scary not how good they were it's how disciplaned they were. It just falls into place for them when you do it right. Red bank got rattled when we were down there we scored and made it 18 to12 kicked off and held them to 3 and out and got it back around their 45 late in the fourth and it seemed like they were on there heals. We fumbled the next play and the rest is history. We drove the opening drive on Maryville but turned it over on the goal line then scored on our next drive to go up 7-0 but never did I sense weekness in them. Should be a agme for the ages but maryville pulls away late. Final 24-12. And by the way Marvyvilles kicking game is pretty dang good too.

RC has played both now and I'm coming to Red Bank too watch this one and I hate you both. Just kidding. Both have great defenses so you have to look at the offenses in this one and the kicking game. Marville's too wide outs are 6'2" or better if I'm not wrong and the tight end Douglas is taller than that right Rebels? After watching Maryville it's scary not how good they were it's how disciplaned they were. It just falls into place for them when you do it right. Red bank got rattled when we were down there we scored and made it 18 to12 kicked off and held them to 3 and out and got it back around their 45 late in the fourth and it seemed like they were on there heals. We fumbled the next play and the rest is history. We drove the opening drive on Maryville but turned it over on the goal line then scored on our next drive to go up 7-0 but never did I sense weekness in them. Should be a agme for the ages but maryville pulls away late. Final 24-12. And by the way Marvyvilles kicking game is pretty dang good too.

thanks for the respect there. As a former player for maryville, that is what GQ instills in his players- a great deal of discipline. i remember back in 2001 when Maryville played Red Bank and Mr. Gerald Riggs was playing for RB at that time. Riggs was a great high school running back. Everybody thought we were gonna get our tails kicked cuz it was RB's first year in 4A after winning the 5A state championship the previous year. and we went out there and beat them (i think 34-12 but do not hold me too that). Riggs rushed for 78 yds. on 21 carries. I have heard a great deal about this game throughout the year. I wish good luck to both teams and may the best team win. i have to go with my alma mater MHS- 31 Red Bank- 17

thanks for the respect there. As a former player for maryville, that is what GQ instills in his players- a great deal of discipline. i remember back in 2001 when Maryville played Red Bank and Mr. Gerald Riggs was playing for RB at that time. Riggs was a great high school running back. Everybody thought we were gonna get our tails kicked cuz it was RB's first year in 4A after winning the 5A state championship the previous year. and we went out there and beat them (i think 34-12 but do not hold me too that). Riggs rushed for 78 yds. on 21 carries. I have heard a great deal about this game throughout the year. I wish good luck to both teams and may the best team win. i have to go with my alma mater MHS- 31 Red Bank- 17

u guys were way better than us in 01, this year is a better match up i promise, good luck and bring a crowd