Jo Byrns @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys only scored 14, 7 late in the game, on Wayne Co. How do you figure to know who's defense is for real or not. You haven't played MP.

I don't think Cascade11 or Myself have played anyone in a long time. Just from a spectator's point of view, Jo Byrn's defense can play with the best of 1a football. Just like your view, or anyone else, of MTP.

Good luck to both teams, but we have to pull for Region 5 rep Jo Byrns. Best wishes, though, to Marco on the Mr. Football thing. He is very deserving of the honor.

Are there any Columbia radio stations carrying the game? Shep, would you mind giving us a call again? I'll either have it on or forward it to my home phone. I did get your messages last week, and thanks!!

Good luck to both teams, but we have to pull for Region 5 rep Jo Byrns. Best wishes, though, to Marco on the Mr. Football thing. He is very deserving of the honor.

Are there any Columbia radio stations carrying the game? Shep, would you mind giving us a call again? I'll either have it on or forward it to my home phone. I did get your messages last week, and thanks!!

You can hear this game live, on Mt. Pleasant's website. www.TigerLive.com.

The local radio station here in Mt. Pleasant always broadcasts the games but it is small and I think if you are too far outside of Mt. Pleasant you can't hear it. No Columbia radio station has ever covered a Tigers game that I know of ;)

You can hear this game live, on Mt. Pleasant's website. www.TigerLive.com.

The local radio station here in Mt. Pleasant always broadcasts the games but it is small and I think if you are too far outside of Mt. Pleasant you can't hear it. No Columbia radio station has ever covered a Tigers game that I know of :D

Thanks!! Sounds like us here in Marshall Co. WJJM decided we were not important enough to keep on FM (the only way we in Chapel Hill can hear it) so WAXO put us on and broadcasts our games on Small Town Cable. Thanks again, ;) WAXO.

Thanks!! Sounds like us here in Marshall Co. WJJM decided we were not important enough to keep on FM (the only way we in Chapel Hill can hear it) so WAXO put us on and broadcasts our games on Small Town Cable. Thanks again, ;) WAXO.

You are welcome! Hope you will be tuning in to listen to the game, and I hope this post will let others that are interested in this game know they can hear it on TigerLive.com.

Let me try to break it down for some of you…and if I don’t do a good job of it I KNOW THE GED WILL COME FRIDAY.

We all know that the GED has put up some ridiculous numbers over the course of the season and that is why they have been "rated" so high. Then comes the C'wood game and now the GED is "overrated". Why, because they gave up 30 points on 363 yards rushing. Now I'll be the first to say that by looking at those stats, you couldn't possibly say that the Defense is good but something is missing. Those 363 yards were on 70 carries...70. Now most will say that the defense shouldn’t allow 70 plays to be ran; they should be able to get of the field but there’s more. Due to the fact that JBHS's "overrated" offense scores so quickly (once every 6.33 plays in the C'wood game), the GED was put back on the field almost instantly (after causing the turnovers). For that reason, the C’wood offense was able to get off 74 plays in the game. Now in 74 plays C’wood was able to score 4 times (that’s once ever 18.25 plays). My point is, C’wood got off more plays in the JBHS game than any other game and they were only able to put up 4 TD’s which is second to only the FC game.

The GED is great and IF they tackle well and stop the penalties, they could dominate the game come Friday. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

How can anyone really say either of these teams Defenses aren't good. I mean you have to have a pretty good defense to make it this far. MP has a good defense, maybe not as dominate as the last 2 years, but is very solid. And i am sure that JB has a very good defense also. Even if this game is high scoring i don't think it's that both teams defense isn't good, i just think both have extremly good offenses.

This is my look on the game!! I think it will be very interesting to see what type of scheme MP has on Offense and Defense!! Will they load up and come after the QB, or will they only rush 4 or 5 and sit in coverage? On offense, what suprises will Coach Smith have, you know what Marco can do? And the biggest element of the game will be Turnovers, whoever wins this aspect is who i think will win!! Hopefully it will be the Tigers!! Go MP!!