CPA vs. Goodpasture

sportfreak

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen such a arrogants in my life. Goodpasture, classy, bullcrap, LC has alot more class than GP, running the score up, putting the first string back in every time LC got close enough to score and whats with the onside kicks, humiliation is more like it. That's really teaching the players good sportsmanship, but what do you expect out of a bunch of rich silver spoons that wouldn't know how to treat somebody with respect and dignity if their life depended on it. LC handle the humiliation pretty well considering some of the major players on LC had a bad attitude going into the game, ready for the season to be over with and didn't want to play. Maybe the game would have been different if the whole team showed up to play. Someday it will come back and bite GP players and coach in the butt for being so classy. Go CPA or Alcoa, just put GP in their place, a place like the rest of us humans not bought and payed for super silver spoons.

I sure hope you are aware that the game could have been a whole lot worse than it was. Goodpasture was the better team, thats the end of that story, and all of the talk from LC players/fans or whomever it was didn't make GP not want to rub it in a little bit...might take that into consideration next time you play...next season that is since your season is over. Go talk to some Adamsville players and fans and see what they have to say about our sportsmanship...I believe that they think very highly of us...and we beat them alot worse than we beat ya'll. I don't seem to remember the starters going in all too often once they were taken out either...at least not the full starting team, maybe a few players, but thats gonna happen. To everyone from LC, minus panther that is, ya'll had a great season and a darn good football team, keep up the hard work and we hope to see you again next year!

I have never seen such a arrogants in my life. Goodpasture, classy, bullcrap, LC has alot more class than GP, running the score up, putting the first string back in every time LC got close enough to score and whats with the onside kicks, humiliation is more like it. That's really teaching the players good sportsmanship, but what do you expect out of a bunch of rich silver spoons that wouldn't know how to treat somebody with respect and dignity if their life depended on it. LC handle the humiliation pretty well considering some of the major players on LC had a bad attitude going into the game, ready for the season to be over with and didn't want to play. Maybe the game would have been different if the whole team showed up to play. Someday it will come back and bite GP players and coach in the butt for being so classy. Go CPA or Alcoa, just put GP in their place, a place like the rest of us humans not bought and payed for super silver spoons.

And one more quick thing here...CPA is a private school just like GP is a private school....so you may wanna rethink that last line there...just a thought...

it was a wet sloppy field, any moron knows that does not favor the passing game. they will stop the run this time and throw for at least 5 td's ending goodrecruiter, i mean goodpatures state chances

I would think the receivers would have the advantage on a sloppy field, tougher for a DB to adjust to the routes in the slop, now if it was pouring down rain and the ball was slick that is a huge disadvantage for the passing game, but if i recall there wasnt much rain at all that night just a sloppy field

CPA will make adjustments no doubt, but they have to be able to run the football more effectively this time around, last game they had to rely on their passing game and never got a chance to run because they were playing from behind most of the night. If you give a great running team (GP) a 14-0 lead, chances are they can play ball control and maintain that lead.

If CPA can achieve that offensive balance early on in this game it will be a classic, Goodpasture has always been vunerable in the secondary so it is vital that Goodpasture get more of a pass rush this time around.

Look for ST's to be a factor as well how are things in the CPA kicking game ?? Its always the little things that win games like these, CPA has just a good as chance to win as Goodpasture does, im really looking forward to it, gotta pick the alma matter though in this one

GP 28

CPA 24

As for the Alcoa waterboys that keep talking trash, do us all a favor and grow up.

it was a wet sloppy field, any moron knows that does not favor the passing game. they will stop the run this time and throw for at least 5 td's ending goodrecruiter, i mean goodpatures state chances

well this moron is laughing at you right now for your football stupididty and i will be after the game on friday (you can apologize to me then if you would like), your passing game will work against us again on friday - not as well mind you if the conditions were the same, but cpa has a decent passing game and will complete some passes (CPA's passing offense doesn't even complete 50% of their passes). but mark my words - GOODPASTURE will have yet another 500 yard+ evening in their victory

if you don't believe me mr. largeandincharge, then come to 619 due west avenue on friday november 17th at 7 pm, have seven dollars in your pocket, pay to get in, and then eat your words

AND THE FIELD WASN'T WET, NO RAIN CAME DOWN DURING THE GAME I WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME, BUT THE FIELD WAS VERY MUDDY - SO DRY BALL AND NO REASON FOR GOOD PASSES NOT TO BE MADE, PICTURES ARE ON GOODPASTUREFOOTBALL.COM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE - so let me know how those words taste this saturday

Edited by duece253

well this moron is laughing at you right now for your football stupididty and i will be after the game on friday (you can apologize to me then if you would like), your passing game will work against us again on friday - not as well mind you if the conditions were the same, but cpa has a decent passing game and will complete some passes (CPA's passing offense doesn't even complete 50% of their passes). but mark my words - GOODPASTURE will have yet another 500 yard+ evening in their victory

if you don't believe me mr. largeandincharge, then come to 619 due west avenue on friday november 17th at 7 pm, have seven dollars in your pocket, pay to get in, and then eat your words

AND THE FIELD WASN'T WET, NO RAIN CAME DOWN DURING THE GAME I WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME, BUT THE FIELD WAS VERY MUDDY - SO DRY BALL AND NO REASON FOR GOOD PASSES NOT TO BE MADE, PICTURES ARE ON GOODPASTUREFOOTBALL.COM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE - so let me know how those words taste this saturday

Sorry for interjecting. I have very little knowledge of either of these two teams except that goodpasture has seven good runnnig backs and CPA throws a lot. It just seems to me that if the field is muddy, and the ball lies on the field, and the center lines down with some weight on the ball, it stands to reason that the ball will get muddy and wet, and while it is true that DBs will be slow getting out of their cuts, so will the receivers. It would be easier for a DB to adjust to a receiver who is slipping out of a cut plus the receiver would probably be more likley to give away which way he is going to cut anticipating slipping. Add to that the fact that the ball is probably at least a little muddy... it makes sense to me that muddy fields do not favor throwing. Maybe i'm wrong but i would feel better knowing that i had a good power running game when it's muddy than a good throwing game.

Good luck to both teams friday. I hope to see you at Johnnie Hale next week.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

Sounds like someone took the loss real bad. First of all, the Goodpasture coach has been very angry with the 2nd team when they get put in and don't produce. Lewis Co. got on the 5 yard line!!!! And coach put the SOME of the starters back in. If you can't score from the 5 with 4 downs you don't deserve to score. It's play-offs every game needs to build momentom and make a statement and that's what GP was trying to do. That wasn't a onside kick either it was a squib kick that got jacked off and you recovered it any way. You got the whole 4th quarter with the JV team any way. This is the only post that ever said any thing about bad sportsmanship by Goodpasture.

Edited by thekid2000

Sorry for interjecting. I have very little knowledge of either of these two teams except that goodpasture has seven good runnnig backs and CPA throws a lot. It just seems to me that if the field is muddy, and the ball lies on the field, and the center lines down with some weight on the ball, it stands to reason that the ball will get muddy and wet, and while it is true that DBs will be slow getting out of their cuts, so will the receivers. It would be easier for a DB to adjust to a receiver who is slipping out of a cut plus the receiver would probably be more likley to give away which way he is going to cut anticipating slipping. Add to that the fact that the ball is probably at least a little muddy... it makes sense to me that muddy fields do not favor throwing. Maybe i'm wrong but i would feel better knowing that i had a good power running game when it's muddy than a good throwing game.

Good luck to both teams friday. I hope to see you at Johnnie Hale next week.

Well I don't balme you for thinking that. I thought the samething before the game. You got to think about it. The reciever knows exactly where he is going the db doesn't. The reciever makes his move first and the db has to compensate and make a cut towards the reciever and thats when its hard to cut. It wasn't like CPA was throwing bombs they were throwing quick patterns which made it tougher on the dbs. We will see how it is on dry field this friday. I think if CPA goes in again this friday and throws the ball like they did they will lose. In order to win you atleast need a decent run game and a defense. Good luck to both teams.

I dont mean to bring this up but I just thought I would ask. Why did CPA run a fake put last week when they were up 30+ points?

probably to let goodpasture know that they can and will fake and make us have to practice and prepare for it. i'm sure it wasn't a smack in the face of Camden but rather an oppurtunity to practice it in a live situation where it doesn't matter if they get it or not and now people know they can pull up and fake if they want to.

You're a little bit off on this! 48 points is not running a score up. There were no onside kicks. The kickers were to kick to a certain location (obviously because of your quality return men) and one of them was messed up, but YOU got it at midfield - one of your best starting points!! Bring it back any time - but it won't bite us! And we don't have any silver spoons - most of us are as humble and middle class as you.